Windows 10: Windows update and drivers

Discus and support Windows update and drivers in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I specifically disabled the automatic driver downloading, but when I clicked on "check for updates", drivers for everything (plus real Windows updates)... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Octopuss, Jul 5, 2018.

1. Octopuss Win User

Windows update and drivers

I specifically disabled the automatic driver downloading, but when I clicked on "check for updates", drivers for everything (plus real Windows updates) started to download.
    What the ****?
    WHY?

:)

Octopuss, Jul 5, 2018
  2. Monk.e83 Win User

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Jul 5, 2018
  3. Windows 7 wont install drivers

i dont think anyone here understands what your asking either when its nearly a 90% english dominated Tech forum.
    Step 1
    reinstall windows from scratch
    Step 2
    install all drivers from the cd that came with the god damn motherboard *common sense*
    Step 3
    update windows
    Step 4
    install misc etc crap like flash java etc etc
    Step 5
    Install GPU drivers
    Step 6
    go back to using your pc without issue.

crazyeyesreaper, Jul 5, 2018
  4. btarunr Win User

NVIDIA Adds Windows 8 to GeForce Driver Update Stack

AMD may have been the first to be out with drivers for its Radeon GPUs that are optimized for Windows 8 (WDDM 1.2), but NVIDIA went a step ahead of "special-releases" for its GeForce drivers, and added Windows 8 to its update stack, meaning that Windows 8 will feature in the list of operating systems to pick from, to download drivers. NVIDIA will constantly update these drivers along with mainline releases for Windows 7/Vista and XP. The latest such driver is 296.17. This driver supports GeForce and Quadro GPUs, and according to NVIDIA, is a quick-update over 295.73 WHQL, with the addition of performance optimization for Blacklight: Retribution.

Windows update and drivers 152a_thm.jpg

Source: VR-Zone

btarunr, Jul 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows update and drivers - Similar Threads - update drivers

2. Can't update e a Logitech HD Pro Webcam C910. driver.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't update e a Logitech HD Pro Webcam C910. driver.: Windows 11. I have a Logitech HD Pro Webcam C910. Device Manager says the driver is up to date. However, Memory Integrity can't be turned on due to incompatible Logitech Webcam driver....
  3. Can't update e a Logitech HD Pro Webcam C910. driver.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't update e a Logitech HD Pro Webcam C910. driver.: Windows 11. I have a Logitech HD Pro Webcam C910. Device Manager says the driver is up to date. However, Memory Integrity can't be turned on due to incompatible Logitech Webcam driver....
  4. The BSOD happens whenever supportassist or windows update installes my dedicated gpu driver

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    The BSOD happens whenever supportassist or windows update installes my dedicated gpu driver: Every time the dell supportassisst program installes missing drivers in my laptop it installes the dedicated graphics card driver, so that leads to the bsod. And when i try to install my gt 720m driver manually using the program from the nvidia or from the dell website it...
  5. The BSOD happens whenever supportassist or windows update installes my dedicated gpu driver

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The BSOD happens whenever supportassist or windows update installes my dedicated gpu driver: Every time the dell supportassisst program installes missing drivers in my laptop it installes the dedicated graphics card driver, so that leads to the bsod. And when i try to install my gt 720m driver manually using the program from the nvidia or from the dell website it...
  6. The BSOD happens whenever supportassist or windows update installes my dedicated gpu driver

7. Windows 11 updates failing and could be messing with my NVIDIA drivers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 updates failing and could be messing with my NVIDIA drivers: Hi all,I have tried to install the following Win11 updates multiple times but at least 1 keeps on failing, this time all three failed and I don't know what to do. The issues are:2024-04 Cumulative Update for Windows 11 Version 23H2 for x64-based Systems KB5036893Install error...
  8. Windows 11 updates failing and could be messing with my NVIDIA drivers

Windows 11 updates failing and could be messing with my NVIDIA drivers: Hi all,I have tried to install the following Win11 updates multiple times but at least 1 keeps on failing, this time all three failed and I don't know what to do. The issues are:2024-04 Cumulative Update for Windows 11 Version 23H2 for x64-based Systems KB5036893Install error...
  9. How to handle driver updates with Intune when one set of computers can't utilize Intune for...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to handle driver updates with Intune when one set of computers can't utilize Intune for...: Hi,We just recently bought new devices from a new vendor. For these the recommended way to update drivers is via Intune WindowsUpdate. For the old units we can't use this, since it messes up things badly.So for our fleet we have disabled driver updates via Windows Update.Now...
  10. How to handle driver updates with Intune when one set of computers can't utilize Intune for...

How to handle driver updates with Intune when one set of computers can't utilize Intune for...: Hi,We just recently bought new devices from a new vendor. For these the recommended way to update drivers is via Intune WindowsUpdate. For the old units we can't use this, since it messes up things badly.So for our fleet we have disabled driver updates via Windows Update.Now...