Windows 10: Windows update and interrupted phone service

Discus and support Windows update and interrupted phone service in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Someone cut my telephone wires and i lost my phone and internet service. I am sure there are pending updates. What do i do?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by lynnetopping, Aug 10, 2019.

1. Windows update and interrupted phone service

Someone cut my telephone wires and i lost my phone and internet service. I am sure there are pending updates. What do i do?

:)

lynnetopping, Aug 10, 2019
  2. Dos101 Win User

Windows Phone users Clubhouse

I think I'll put a list of people's favourite apps in the OP, starting with my own until I get some suggestions, but you can take a look at the Windows Phone app store at the top apps to see what's popular Windows Phone-Apps – Microsoft Store

You are both now added, welcome! *Toast :toast:

Dos101, Aug 10, 2019
  3. AsRock Win User
    Windows Updates failed to instal

I'm not sure how differant XP media center Edition is but you could clear the history \ cache if these folders are there.

Step 1 Register DLL files.

=================

By trying this step, we can check if the update engines are working properly.

1. Close all instances of Internet Explorer.

2. Click Start and Run, type "Regsvr32 atl.dll" (without quotes) in the Open box and click OK.

Note: There is a space between regsvr32 and atl.dll

3. Similarly, one by one, register the files listed below:

Regsvr32 msxml3.dll

Regsvr32 wuapi.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng1.dll

Regsvr32 wups2.dll

Regsvr32 wucltui.dll

Regsvr32 wups.dll

Regsvr32 wuweb.dll

Regsvr32 qmgr.dll

Regsvr32 qmgrprxy.dll

Regsvr32 jscript.dll

Note: If you encounter errors while registering any of these files then skip that file and continue with the next one.

If the issue persists, let's move on to the steps below to verify Windows Update services and temporary folders.

Step 2 Verify the relevant Windows Update services.

=========================================

1. Click Start->Run, type "services.msc" (without quotation marks) in the open box and click OK.

2. Double click the service "Automatic Updates".

3. Click on the Log On tab, please ensure the option "Local System account" is selected and the option "Allow service to interact with desktop" is unchecked.

4. Check if this service has been enabled on the listed Hardware Profile. If not, please click the Enable button to enable it.

5. Click on the tab "General "; make sure the "Startup Type" is "Automatic" or "Manual". Then please click the button "Stop" under "Service Status" to stop the service.

6. Then please click the button "Start" under "Service Status" to start the service.

7. Please repeat the above steps with the other services:

Background Intelligent Transfer Service

Event Log

Remote Procedure Call (RPC)

Note: Event log service is enabled on all of the hardware profiles; this service does not have an option to enable or disable on certain hardware profile.

If it still does not help, let's proceed to step 3.

Step 3 Reload the Update temporary folders.

===================================

One possible cause is that the temporary folder for Windows Update is containing corrupted files. Let's erase all the files there to get the system clean.

1. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net stop WuAuServ

2. Click Start, Run, type: %windir% and press Enter.

3. In the opened folder, rename the folder SoftwareDistribution to Sdold.

4. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net start WuAuServ

Please test the Windows Update website and let me know the result. If the issue persists, to clarify the issue and provide more accurate troubleshooting steps, please assist me in collecting the following information.

AsRock, Aug 10, 2019
  4. Windows update and interrupted phone service

windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Aug 10, 2019
Thema:

Windows update and interrupted phone service

1. Windows update and interrupted phone service - Similar Threads - update interrupted phone

2. Interrupt windows update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Interrupt windows update: My computer started updating windows when I was restarting after a power outage. Power went out again while it was updating. Is there a hot key or any way to stop an update in progress during boot?...
  3. Interrupt windows update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Interrupt windows update: My computer started updating windows when I was restarting after a power outage. Power went out again while it was updating. Is there a hot key or any way to stop an update in progress during boot?...
  4. Interrupted windows update.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Interrupted windows update.: Hullo.My laptop was updating its windows and it was interrupted was switched off. How can I fix it without using recovery tools? Please help me.I have tried pressing the keys, as instructed but I am stuck in a loop. Please help me.Thank you....
  5. Ethernet Service Interruption

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ethernet Service Interruption: I have continuously had an error of service interruption only when using the ethernet internet service. My service intermittently goes out for a few seconds and then reconnects. I do not have an issue while using wifi. Is there a setting to correct this??...
  6. Ethernet Service Interruption

Ethernet Service Interruption: I have continuously had an error of service interruption only when using the ethernet internet service. My service intermittently goes out for a few seconds and then reconnects. I do not have an issue while using wifi. Is there a setting to correct this??...
  7. Interrupted Windows Update

Interrupted Windows Update: I accidently turned off my lenovo pc during a windows update. Now when i turn it on it shows the lenovo title with the loading circle but it then shows a black screen then repeats. I tried force closing it twice but that didn't seem to work. I have windows 11 but I don't know...
  8. Interrupted window update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Interrupted window update: I interrupted my update by closing the laptop when updating and since then it is not showing anything when I switched it on just black screen. Please how can I solve this problem....
  9. Interrupted window update

Interrupted window update: I interrupted my update by closing the laptop when updating and since then it is not showing anything when I switched it on just black screen. Please how can I solve this problem....
  10. INTERRUPTED WINDOWS UPDATE

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    INTERRUPTED WINDOWS UPDATE: My laptop battery died during the windows update; this is the first time it happened, so I am worried my os might get corrupted. When I turn it on again, it says "Undoing changes made to your computer". Is my OS already damage? What should I do with this kind of case?. Thank...