Windows 10: Windows update and now my camera isnt working

Discus and support Windows update and now my camera isnt working in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I recently did the Windows 10 update on my computer and now my camera isn't working. I have checked to make sure that it is turned on with all the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by CamillePierce, Apr 5, 2021.

1. Windows update and now my camera isnt working

I recently did the Windows 10 update on my computer and now my camera isn't working. I have checked to make sure that it is turned on with all the permissions. I looked under hardware manager and my camera isn't even listed there. Can someone help me. I have a Samsung Galaxy Flex laptop. I bought this laptop last October for school and I really need to have access to zoom. Camille

:)

CamillePierce, Apr 5, 2021
  2. John DeV Win User

camera isnt working

Hello SheilaPavlich,

I'm John an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft user like you. I understand you're having trouble with your laptop camera. Can I ask when is the last time the camera was working? Did you made any changes recently? Is this a built-in or external camera? What is the make and model of your device?

I compiled below solutions for you to try.

Step 1. Give your apps permission

If you recently updated Windows 10, you might need to give apps permission to use the camera. In newer versions of Windows 10, some apps don’t have default access to the camera.

To let apps access the camera, select the Start button, and then select Settings > Privacy > Camera. Then turn on Allow access to camera on this device.

Step 2. Check your antivirus software

In your antivirus software settings, look for settings that block access to your camera or permission to use your webcam. For help, visit your antivirus software company’s website.

Step 3. Update a device driver using Windows Update

In the search box on the taskbar, type check for updates, then select Check for updates from the list of results.

Under Windows Update, select Check for updates. Windows Update will tell you if you need any updates or not, and whether the latest updates were successfully installed.

Step 4. Download and install the camera driver

In the search box on the taskbar, type device manager, then select Device Manager from the list of results.

In the list of hardware categories, find the device that you want to update, and then double-click the device name.

Click the Driver tab, click Update Driver, and then follow the instructions.

Or Go to your manufacturer's Support Page. Download and install latest drivers for your camera.

Step 5. Roll back your webcam driver

In Device Manager, press and hold (or right-click) your webcam, and then select Properties.

Select the Driver tab, select Roll Back Driver, and then choose Yes. Some drivers don’t provide this option. If your driver doesn’t have Roll Back Driver available, go ahead to the next fix.

After the roll back is complete, restart your computer, and then try opening the Camera app again.

If rolling back didn’t work or isn’t available, uninstall your webcam driver and scan for hardware changes.

Step 6. Uninstall your camera in Device Driver

In Device Manager, press and hold (or right-click) your webcam, and then select Properties.

Select the Driver tab, select Uninstall > Delete the driver software for this device, and then select OK.

In Device Manager, on the Action menu, select Scan for hardware changes. Wait for it to scan and reinstall updated drivers, restart your PC, and then try opening the Camera app again.

If your webcam still doesn’t work, look for help on your webcam company’s website.

Step 7. If your camera isn't listed in Device manager, test ports and run a scan

If your camera isn't found in Device Manager, first try using the camera with a different port on your device. If that doesn't work, try these steps:

If Camera doesn't work in Windows 10

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/13753/...

I hope this helps! Please let me know if you have any further concerns.

Sincerely

Independent Advisor

John DeV, Apr 5, 2021
  3. camera not working

If you have the camera connected to the computer, I would suggest that you disconnect the camera and then try to open the Camera app.

If the camera app opens, follow the steps below:

• Press “Windows key + C” from your keyboard to open “Charms bar”.
    • Select “Settings” option.
    • Select “Permissions” option.
    • Turn on “Allow this app to access your: Webcam and Microphone” option.
    • Lose the app by pressing “Alt key + F4” from your keyboard.
    • Reopen the Camera app.
    • Connect your camera and then check how this app works.
    Goodluck!

Gina_on_the_thread, Apr 5, 2021
  4. Windows update and now my camera isnt working

Windows 10 update issue - camera

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I would require more information to help you better.

What is the make and model of the camera?

I would suggest you to make sure the camera is installed properly and listed under Device Manager.

Follow these steps:

• Press “Windows key + X” from keyboard.
    • Select “Device Manager” option from the list.
    • Check if the Camera is listed in the devices list.
    If it is not listed then the Camera driver is not installed. I would suggest you to run “Hardware and Devices” troubleshooter to diagnose and fix the issue.

If the camera is listed in the device manager, then perform the following troubleshooting methods:

Method 1:

You may try running the Hardware and Device troubleshooter and check if it helps.

a. Press Windows Key +R, type Control Panel.

b. Type troubleshooting in the search bar, click on troubleshooting.

c. Click on Hardware and Sound, click on Hardware and Devices.

d. Follow the steps from the wizard to run the troubleshooter.

Method 2:

If that doesn’t work, then I would suggest you to perform troubleshooting steps from the link “What
    to do if you have problems with an app
    ” to diagnose and fix if the issue is with Camera app.

Method 3:

If this doesn’t fix the issue, I would suggest you to uninstall the camera from Device Manager then reinstall it and then check if this fixes the issue.

Follow these steps:

• Press “Windows key + X” from the keyboard.
    • Select “Device Manager” option.
    • Search for Camera, then right click and select “Uninstall”.
    • Then restart the computer.
    • Download the latest driver from the Manufacturer’s website and install it.
    Please do let us know if you need any further assistance related to Windows, we will be glad to assist you.

Mohammed Yaseer, Apr 5, 2021
Thema:

Windows update and now my camera isnt working

1. Windows update and now my camera isnt working - Similar Threads - update camera isnt

2. My windows update isnt working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My windows update isnt working: For the last couple of months I have not been able to install new windows updates because of how it shows its updating but it stays at 0% or says "download error" screenshots have been providedWhat I tried so far is troubleshooting and restarting the PC but it didn't help. If...
  3. My windows update isnt working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My windows update isnt working: For the last couple of months I have not been able to install new windows updates because of how it shows its updating but it stays at 0% or says "download error" screenshots have been providedWhat I tried so far is troubleshooting and restarting the PC but it didn't help. If...
  4. my camera isnt working i am on windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my camera isnt working i am on windows 11: my camera isn't working. the inbuilt camera light is switching off and on basically flickering https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-camera-isnt-working-i-am-on-windows-11/6da87a84-5ef8-4f2a-b50e-f4fd7fd1b41a
  5. Camera Isnt Working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Camera Isnt Working: my camera wasnt working so i tryed everything i can but it doesnt worked so the last thing i can do was reinstall the camera driver so i uninstalled it and restarted the pc but it doesnt got reinstalled so i think i need to install it manually and need the file of integrated...
  6. CAMERA ISNT WORKING

CAMERA ISNT WORKING: CAMERA WHEN STARTED SHOWS OBSTRUCTED VIEW,I DONT UNDERSTAND WHATS D EXACT ISSUE ….DO I HAVR TO REMOVE THE STICKER LIKE THING NEAR THE WEBCAM OR WHAT DO I DO EXACTLY? MODEL - S340 LENOVO...
  7. Camera isnt working oxA00F4244

Camera isnt working oxA00F4244: I got an issue with my Apple window10 it was showing blue screen so i went to install new one so when i got home i tried operating my camera it was showing me Eroor Code oXA00F4244 i have tried so many means to solve the problem but its not working out The worst is that i...
  8. camera isnt working

camera isnt working: how do I fix my camera https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/camera-isnt-working/621f0700-de86-4d1b-a0ec-37b325d7b238
  9. camera isnt working in Windows 10

camera isnt working in Windows 10: What App do I use for my WebCam to work in Windows 10? I've tried updating the drivers and resetting it and can't get it to come on. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/camera-isnt-working-in-windows-10/e7580a71-0a46-4143-9eb3-e174a4d33b18
  10. my hdmi was working now it isnt?

my hdmi was working now it isnt?: my hdmi hook up was working now its not https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/my-hdmi-was-working-now-it-isnt/a87d4011-fb7d-4c30-b41b-dde6af04ee9c