Windows 10: Windows Update and Store issue fixed, services coming back online

Discus and support Windows Update and Store issue fixed, services coming back online in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Earlier this week, we reported that Windows Update service was broken due to DNS outage and users were not able to check for updates on their PCs. The... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinLatest, Feb 2, 2019.

1. WinLatest New Member

Windows Update and Store issue fixed, services coming back online

Earlier this week, we reported that Windows Update service was broken due to DNS outage and users were not able to check for updates on their PCs. The outage of broken Windows services was reported by users across the world.

There was no idea as to what was causing the issue with some users reporting that switching to Google’s DNS or Cloudflare’s service solved the issue. On Reddit, multiple users claimed that switching to an alternative DNS server remedied the issue, which suggests that the problem has something to do with certain ISP’s DNS configuration.

Users also reported that Microsoft Store and other pre-installed apps were affected by the outage since they were not able to install or update any apps from the Store. This report was first spotted on Microsoft’s community forum where users stated that the users cannot get Windows Update or the store to function in the UK and US with the internet connection from certain ISPs.

One of Microsoft’s engineer on Reddit acknowledged the issue and revealed that the company is aware of the reports. However, no ETA was announced as to when the company plans to fix the issue.

Windows Update and Store issue fixed, services coming back online Windows-Updates.jpg

According to latest reports, Microsoft has pushed out a fix for the issue as some users now reporting that the Windows Service is up and running again.

Users who have previously switched to Google’s DNS server can return to their original DNS settings and see if they are able to find any new Windows Updates

There has been no confirmation or any details shared by the Microsoft as to what had caused the Windows Update issue and if the company had actually pushed out a fix for the reported issue. But in a statement provided to a publication, Microsoft confirmed that the issues have been resolved.

In case, Windows Update service is still broken for you, you could always try the workaround of switching your DNS server and see if it has a positive effect. Is Windows Update and Microsoft Store working for you? Let us know in the comments below.

The post Windows Update and Store issue fixed, services coming back online appeared first on Windows Latest

Weiterlesen...

WinLatest, Feb 2, 2019
  2. AsRock Win User

Windows Updates failed to instal

I'm not sure how differant XP media center Edition is but you could clear the history \ cache if these folders are there.

Step 1 Register DLL files.

=================

By trying this step, we can check if the update engines are working properly.

1. Close all instances of Internet Explorer.

2. Click Start and Run, type "Regsvr32 atl.dll" (without quotes) in the Open box and click OK.

Note: There is a space between regsvr32 and atl.dll

3. Similarly, one by one, register the files listed below:

Regsvr32 msxml3.dll

Regsvr32 wuapi.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng1.dll

Regsvr32 wups2.dll

Regsvr32 wucltui.dll

Regsvr32 wups.dll

Regsvr32 wuweb.dll

Regsvr32 qmgr.dll

Regsvr32 qmgrprxy.dll

Regsvr32 jscript.dll

Note: If you encounter errors while registering any of these files then skip that file and continue with the next one.

If the issue persists, let's move on to the steps below to verify Windows Update services and temporary folders.

Step 2 Verify the relevant Windows Update services.

=========================================

1. Click Start->Run, type "services.msc" (without quotation marks) in the open box and click OK.

2. Double click the service "Automatic Updates".

3. Click on the Log On tab, please ensure the option "Local System account" is selected and the option "Allow service to interact with desktop" is unchecked.

4. Check if this service has been enabled on the listed Hardware Profile. If not, please click the Enable button to enable it.

5. Click on the tab "General "; make sure the "Startup Type" is "Automatic" or "Manual". Then please click the button "Stop" under "Service Status" to stop the service.

6. Then please click the button "Start" under "Service Status" to start the service.

7. Please repeat the above steps with the other services:

Background Intelligent Transfer Service

Event Log

Remote Procedure Call (RPC)

Note: Event log service is enabled on all of the hardware profiles; this service does not have an option to enable or disable on certain hardware profile.

If it still does not help, let's proceed to step 3.

Step 3 Reload the Update temporary folders.

===================================

One possible cause is that the temporary folder for Windows Update is containing corrupted files. Let's erase all the files there to get the system clean.

1. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net stop WuAuServ

2. Click Start, Run, type: %windir% and press Enter.

3. In the opened folder, rename the folder SoftwareDistribution to Sdold.

4. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net start WuAuServ

Please test the Windows Update website and let me know the result. If the issue persists, to clarify the issue and provide more accurate troubleshooting steps, please assist me in collecting the following information.

AsRock, Feb 2, 2019
  3. Windows update issues

It works, but I still need to fix it so that way I dont have to plug computers directly to the modem to get windows update to work. It was also blocking me from installing directx.

CrAsHnBuRnXp, Feb 2, 2019
  4. Techtu Win User

Windows update issues

+1

If your wireless router has a built in firewall maybe it's somehow set to block the ports that Windows updates use?

I'd also suggest if it works with it being directly connected then you could try resetting your router to see if this fixes the issue.

That's my 2 cents anyways. *Smile Windows Update and Store issue fixed, services coming back online :)

Techtu, Feb 2, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows Update and Store issue fixed, services coming back online - Similar Threads - Update Store issue

2. Storage Space - Won't come back online

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Storage Space - Won't come back online: I had some issues replacing a smaller physical disk with a larger disk and now the Storage Space won't come back online.I attempt using the Storage Space GUI and it goes through the process with no error message displayed. It just comes back with "Bring Online" clickable.When...
  3. Storage Space - Won't come back online

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Storage Space - Won't come back online: I had some issues replacing a smaller physical disk with a larger disk and now the Storage Space won't come back online.I attempt using the Storage Space GUI and it goes through the process with no error message displayed. It just comes back with "Bring Online" clickable.When...
  4. Epic Online Services keeps coming back after I uninstall it

in Windows 10 Customization
    Epic Online Services keeps coming back after I uninstall it: I'm trying to delete Epic Online Services from my pc, when I did it kept coming back to my pc https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/epic-online-services-keeps-coming-back-after-i/404f05e0-a426-4f8e-9d25-d3839909f6f4
  5. Epic Online Services keeps coming back after I uninstall it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Epic Online Services keeps coming back after I uninstall it: I'm trying to delete Epic Online Services from my pc, when I did it kept coming back to my pc https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/epic-online-services-keeps-coming-back-after-i/404f05e0-a426-4f8e-9d25-d3839909f6f4
  6. Epic Online Services keeps coming back after I uninstall it

7. Issues with connecting to online services including Windows Updater and Steam, but no...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issues with connecting to online services including Windows Updater and Steam, but no...: So I have a variety of issues which I have set out below and the actions I have taken, but I've now come to the opinion that there is some issue affecting programs/services connecting to the internet. I am definitely connected to the internet, but Windows Updater, Steam and...
  8. Issues with connecting to online services including Windows Updater and Steam, but no...

Issues with connecting to online services including Windows Updater and Steam, but no...: So I have a variety of issues which I have set out below and the actions I have taken, but I've now come to the opinion that there is some issue affecting programs/services connecting to the internet. I am definitely connected to the internet, but Windows Updater, Steam and...
  9. Fix Warzone Stuck on Connecting to Online Services

in Windows 10 News
    Fix Warzone Stuck on Connecting to Online Services: [IMG]If you are stuck at the Connecting to Online Services screen in Warzone, then here is a complete guide that will help you get rid of this problem. Call of Duty: Warzone is a popular free-to-play battle royale video game loved by millions of gaming enthusiasts. However,...
  10. Online backup service that stores a cloned copy

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Online backup service that stores a cloned copy: I've heard some good things about Backblaze but they don't have the option to store a cloned copy of the hard drive. Does anyone know a backup service that can do that? So in the event of a hard-disk failure I could be up and running pretty fast. Then from there just continue...