Windows 10: Windows update and system restore

Discus and support Windows update and system restore in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; As typical the latest Windows 10 update messed up the touch screen on my HP. When I go into System restore it only gives me todays updates, but no... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Scotteb67, Jul 29, 2019.

1. Scotteb67 Win User

Windows update and system restore

As typical the latest Windows 10 update messed up the touch screen on my HP. When I go into System restore it only gives me todays updates, but no previous update / restore points. I've had W10 updates for the past several days and now the touch screen is not working properly. In the past I could go back several weeks / months to a previous restore point, but of course now that's not an option......

:)

Scotteb67, Jul 29, 2019

2. Windows XP PRO error after restore

System restore is handy when it works like it did for me 2 days ago saving the need to reinstall all of my software as well as windows, id suggest using norton Ghost 12 for an excellent system restore feature.

jocksteeluk, Jul 29, 2019
  3. Xylee Del Win User
    SYSTEM RESTORE

Hello Angel,

Windows 10 may have encountered a system conflict when it tried to perform a system restore. For us to better assist you on performing a system restore, kindly answer the following questions:

• What is the make and model of your computer?
    • What is the exact error message are you getting? If possible can you send us a screenshot using the attach photo feature on your reply.
    • What is the current build and version of your Windows 10? To check type in
      winver on the search bar and press Enter.

Meanwhile, for a walkthrough on how to perform a system restore, kindly follow the steps on this

article
    and see the section that says Restore from a system restore point.
    On another note, we also suggest that you check the Windows Defender settings and lower down the security if it is on high security. This can also be another issue why it is preventing an update to be installed.

We'll be waiting for your reply.

Xylee Del, Jul 29, 2019
  4. Pinchy Win User

windows xp duel boot with vista restore points

Turn off system restore in XP altogether...or if you dont want to, AsRocks suggestion should work :\

Pinchy, Jul 29, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows update and system restore - Similar Threads - update system restore

2. Update and system restore problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Update and system restore problem: Sorry if this is a common problem I just looked for about a hour and didn't find a solution my laptop updated then I got bsod so I entered system repair and did a system restore which I made about 3 days ago now I cannot enter my password I just see date time any key causes a...
  3. Update and system restore problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Update and system restore problem: Sorry if this is a common problem I just looked for about a hour and didn't find a solution my laptop updated then I got bsod so I entered system repair and did a system restore which I made about 3 days ago now I cannot enter my password I just see date time any key causes a...
  4. Using System Restore After Windows Update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Using System Restore After Windows Update: I saw in google don't install latest windows update if using system restore. So, don't revert windows update after new windows update finish updating right? I scared it will cause stop error and never goes to windows dekstop....
  5. Using System Restore After Windows Update

Using System Restore After Windows Update: I saw in google don't install latest windows update if using system restore. So, don't revert windows update after new windows update finish updating right? I scared it will cause stop error and never goes to windows dekstop....
  6. Using System Restore To revert Windows Update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Using System Restore To revert Windows Update: The google says cannot revert windows update using system restore before and after update. If i create system restore point when windows up to date after few days windows update. Then, when if the new update comes, i will not revert back windows update back in time. After few...
  7. Using System Restore To revert Windows Update

Using System Restore To revert Windows Update: The google says cannot revert windows update using system restore before and after update. If i create system restore point when windows up to date after few days windows update. Then, when if the new update comes, i will not revert back windows update back in time. After few...
  8. System Restore after update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    System Restore after update: I have entered my recovery key to "get going again" but cannot move from the screen. It appears stuck or frozen. Has anyone had this happen? I read where a lot of folks had trouble obtaining their recovery key, but in my case I am fortunate to have registered it already....
  9. *UPDATE ON SYSTEM RESTORE POINTS*

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    *UPDATE ON SYSTEM RESTORE POINTS*: A little bit of backstory: I downloaded a safe program bundled with a bunch of PuPs. Blind me didn't see the custom install feature. Anyways, because all the PuPs slowed down my PC by 25%, I wanted to make sure they were ALL GONE, so I preformed a system restore to a point...
  10. If system restored BEFORE a Windows Update, then ... ?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    If system restored BEFORE a Windows Update, then ... ?: Hi All A System Restore seems needed on my wife's computer (Lenovo 300-15ISK laptop). It's a new computer and we are both learners when it comes to Windows 10. Hence, I don't imagine System Protection is turned on yet (haven't looked yet), and so no System Restore...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows update restore

2. where can l find system protection on windows10