Windows 10: Windows Update and Windows defender issues

Discus and support Windows Update and Windows defender issues in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hey, a new issue turned up on my laptop Lenovo ThinkPad T430s Windows 10 Pro Education. I have attached the relevant screenshots. Windows Update... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Rashaad Mirza, Oct 28, 2019.

1. Windows Update and Windows defender issues

Hey, a new issue turned up on my laptop

Lenovo ThinkPad T430s

Windows 10 Pro Education.

I have attached the relevant screenshots. Windows Update says 'Your device is missing important security and quality fixes' and won't check for updates.

Another is that the Windows Defender has completely disappeared.

Please guide how to solve them. Windows Update and Windows defender issues 15279332-a710-44db-870f-2a81bf771f69?upload=true.jpg

Thanks in advance! Windows Update and Windows defender issues e38f33aa-2944-42af-ad79-e0b7a7644c32?upload=true.jpg

:)

Rashaad Mirza, Oct 28, 2019
  2. jsfitz54 Win User

Windows 10 Anniversary Update Issues

Problems with W10 Anniv auto update:

Mom's: (x58 Xeon 5677) Windows Defender was not turned back on automatically (it was "on" in the 1511 edition) and she had a Trojan. Full system scan to eradicate.
    Her Epson printer was knocked off, had to uninstall by Device Manager pull USB cable and reconnect cable. W10 did the rest.

Step-mom's: (HP pre built) Windows Defender not turned back on by default. Her USB Seagate Expansion Drive 2Tb was offline so all backup routines were halted. Had to rerun backup plan. Had her do a full virus scan.

Step-dad's: (Dell Optiplex tweaked upgrades) Windows Defender not turned back on by default. Full Scan.

jsfitz54, Oct 28, 2019
  3. P4-630 Win User
    SEtting up automatic updates for windows defender on windows 8

I have found this on the internet en have set up a task for automatic definitions update for Windows Defender but a window pops up when this starts to run.
    Is there a way to set this without any window popping up so that it just runs in the background?

Now I'm using
    "C:\Program Files\Windows Defender\MpCmdRun.exe" -SignatureUpdate -MMPC

I'm currrently using it as described here:
    https://forum.raymond.cc/threads/let-your-windows-8-defender-update-itself-automatically.34359/

P4-630, Oct 28, 2019
  4. Windows Update and Windows defender issues

What the hell, windows defender?

Installing major updates like the April update will reset pretty much all Windows features including Windows Defender.

FordGT90Concept, Oct 28, 2019
Thema:

Windows Update and Windows defender issues

1. Windows Update and Windows defender issues - Similar Threads - Update defender issues

2. Windows defender issues updates

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows defender issues updates: Please, after many attempts, more than one month, I am still unable to update the antiviruswindows defender on my computer. can anyone help me? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-defender-issues-updates/1ceff535-b0bd-46bb-aa71-cee39ed2bfa8
  3. Windows defender issues updates

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows defender issues updates: Please, after many attempts, more than one month, I am still unable to update the antiviruswindows defender on my computer. can anyone help me? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-defender-issues-updates/1ceff535-b0bd-46bb-aa71-cee39ed2bfa8
  4. Windows Defender Issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Defender Issues: Hello,I am having problems with Windows Defender. I am using the latest version of Windows 10. Well, first off I am unable to open Windows Security under Settings/Windows Security, it pops up for a second then closes. The second thing is Windows Update installs Security...
  5. windows defender issue

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    windows defender issue: today i turned on my laptop and opened windows defender application which is already installed ,i opened it then it gets closed immediately even i didn,t did anything when i go to startup tab in task manager i found there is program written instead of windows defender...
  6. Defender Update Issues

Defender Update Issues: I'm looking at a Lenovo AIO for a friend. It is running 21H1, 64bit, home edition on an AMD processor and since that was loaded by Windows Update, automatically there have been issues with Defender updates. Initially, there were failures to install KB2267602 and KB4052623. It...
  7. Windows Update error and Windows Defender issue

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Update error and Windows Defender issue: I am constantly getting this error when I try to check for any windows updates: There were some problems installing updates, but we'll try again later. If you keep seeing this and want to search the web or contact support for information, this may help: 0x80080005 I have...
  8. Windows Defender issues

Windows Defender issues: I'm using a program called Auto-Py-to-Exe which creates an exe out of python files. Windows Defender detects one of these files as a file used in a Trojan program called something like K1!3. How can I make it so Defender doesn't constantly nag at me about it?...
  9. Windows Update Issue And Windows Defender Not Working

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Update Issue And Windows Defender Not Working: When I Click Windows Update I Got An Error Message Also My Windows Defender Antivirus Not Working There were some problems installing updates, but we’ll try again later. If you keep seeing this and want to search the web or contact support for information, this may help:...
  10. windows defender issues

windows defender issues: windows defender in my PC is not working. It's displaying this message. what do I do...? [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-defender-issues/5ed23fa7-3878-4ca8-bc6e-078642a9dfd4"