Windows 10: windows update and windows defender not updating

Discus and support windows update and windows defender not updating in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; i had recently posted about this and i used troubleshoot and it solved it but when i try updating again it doesn't do anything then i try troubleshoot... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Teknosfinest, Sep 13, 2019.

1. windows update and windows defender not updating

i had recently posted about this and i used troubleshoot and it solved it but when i try updating again it doesn't do anything then i try troubleshoot and it fixes something and it seems i need to keep doing this but now my updating are doing anything at all, could this be a driver issue or something?

:)

Teknosfinest, Sep 13, 2019
  2. P4-630 Win User

SEtting up automatic updates for windows defender on windows 8

I have found this on the internet en have set up a task for automatic definitions update for Windows Defender but a window pops up when this starts to run.
    Is there a way to set this without any window popping up so that it just runs in the background?

Now I'm using
    "C:\Program Files\Windows Defender\MpCmdRun.exe" -SignatureUpdate -MMPC

I'm currrently using it as described here:
    https://forum.raymond.cc/threads/let-your-windows-8-defender-update-itself-automatically.34359/

P4-630, Sep 13, 2019
  3. P4-630 Win User
    Why won't Windows Defender not auto update anymore

I have have windows updates set to notify updates , I will install myself, because I want to make a system restore point before installing updates.

Because of this windows defender does not update automatically and I had to create a task for updating in the task scheduler, which I did but it does not work anymore since I re-installed windows.
    What am I doing wrong?

windows update and windows defender not updating defender-update-jpg.jpg

P4-630, Sep 13, 2019
  4. jsfitz54 Win User

windows update and windows defender not updating

Windows 10 Anniversary Update Issues

Problems with W10 Anniv auto update:

Mom's: (x58 Xeon 5677) Windows Defender was not turned back on automatically (it was "on" in the 1511 edition) and she had a Trojan. Full system scan to eradicate.
    Her Epson printer was knocked off, had to uninstall by Device Manager pull USB cable and reconnect cable. W10 did the rest.

Step-mom's: (HP pre built) Windows Defender not turned back on by default. Her USB Seagate Expansion Drive 2Tb was offline so all backup routines were halted. Had to rerun backup plan. Had her do a full virus scan.

Step-dad's: (Dell Optiplex tweaked upgrades) Windows Defender not turned back on by default. Full Scan.

jsfitz54, Sep 13, 2019
Thema:

windows update and windows defender not updating

1. windows update and windows defender not updating - Similar Threads - update defender updating

2. Windows Defender Updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Defender Updates: I am running WIndows 10, Edition Windows 10 Pro Version 21H1 Installed on ‎2021-‎03-‎24 OS build 19043.1055 Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.2020.0 For the past month or two, I get a daily notification to update my Windows Defender definitions.I would...
  3. Windows Defender Update

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Defender Update: I have an error message saying my Windows Defender definitions are out of date and advising me to update. I click on the update link, but it only sits in a wait state for a few minutes before giving me this: [ATTACH] What does this error code mean, and how do I work...
  4. Windows Defender update

Windows Defender update: Windows Defender reports: "The virus and spyware definitions didn't update...because of an internet or network connectivity problem." every time I try to update it. For several weeks now. So a few days ago I contacted Microsoft support and they re-installed Windows. And...
  5. WINDOWS DEFENDER UPDATE

WINDOWS DEFENDER UPDATE: Trying to update my Windows Defender keep getting messages that virus and spyware definitions cannot be updated, Check Internet or Network connections. Did that . they are fine, but I cannot update still. Help please...
  6. UPDATE WINDOWS DEFENDER

UPDATE WINDOWS DEFENDER: how to update windows defender https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/update-windows-defender/556eaa1d-6f8e-4357-945c-8c8328bb9070
  7. Windows Defender update.

Windows Defender update.: i try to update my window defender but after half downloading it shows "virus and spyware definitions couldn't be updated." https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/windows-defender-update/fd6bdacc-cdf2-40fd-9314-521f0c25a891
  8. Windows Defender update.

Windows Defender update.: i try to update my window defender but after half downloading it shows "virus and spyware definitions couldn't be updated." https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/protect_defender-protect_updating-windows_10/windows-defender-update/fd6bdacc-cdf2-40fd-9314-521f0c25a891
  9. Windows Defender update

Windows Defender update: Why does it take so long to update latest versions and its takes the data without downloading completely?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/protect_defender-protect_updating-windows_10/windows-defender-update/3a54c92f-238b-4df9-a1ef-7a9f3e210e88
  10. Windows Updates and Windows Defender updates?

Windows Updates and Windows Defender updates?: Is there a policy setting in Group Policy where I can set Windows Defender to update its malware definitions automatically without relying on the use of Windows Updates? I set Windows Updates to Notify for Download but the thing is, that Windows Defender updates keeps...