Windows 10: Windows Update and Windows Defender

Discus and support Windows Update and Windows Defender in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I got this error when I was trying to update my system and I tried googling about that. I tried the solutions given on the internet but none of them... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by SameerDevipur, Apr 22, 2020.

1. Windows Update and Windows Defender

I got this error when I was trying to update my system and I tried googling about that. I tried the solutions given on the internet but none of them seems to work. I also realised that my Windows Defender is not working. It just shows a blank screen and it also isn't showing up in the icon tray in the taskbar. I googled about that as well but I'm not able to solve it. The OS build on my PC is 1863.657. Windows Update and Windows Defender 46153ad8-91d4-4c11-88e9-320705e76a6c?upload=true.png Windows Update and Windows Defender c3e009be-dbdb-42ab-841e-7976295daf04?upload=true.png

:)

SameerDevipur, Apr 22, 2020
  2. P4-630 Win User

SEtting up automatic updates for windows defender on windows 8

I have found this on the internet en have set up a task for automatic definitions update for Windows Defender but a window pops up when this starts to run.
    Is there a way to set this without any window popping up so that it just runs in the background?

Now I'm using
    "C:\Program Files\Windows Defender\MpCmdRun.exe" -SignatureUpdate -MMPC

I'm currrently using it as described here:
    https://forum.raymond.cc/threads/let-your-windows-8-defender-update-itself-automatically.34359/

P4-630, May 23, 2020
  3. What the hell, windows defender?

Installing major updates like the April update will reset pretty much all Windows features including Windows Defender.

FordGT90Concept, May 23, 2020
  4. malware Win User

Windows Update and Windows Defender

Windows Defender Released

Microsoft has released the final version of its Windows Defender anti-spyware utility. Windows Defender is a product of the Microsoft acquisition of GIANT Software. Previously known as Windows AntiSpyware, after a two years beta period it's now available for Windows XP and Windows Server 2003 under the name Windows Defender. Windows Defender incorporates Real-Time Protection to monitor systems for spyware activity, automated spyware removal with scheduled scans, full integration with Internet Explorer 7.0 and automatic spyware definition updates from Microsoft. Windows Defender is available freely to all customers running a genuine copy of Windows. Microsoft has also announced that customers will each be allowed to report two support incidents for free with Windows XP and Windows Server 2003.

Source: DailyTech

malware, May 23, 2020
Thema:

Windows Update and Windows Defender

1. Windows Update and Windows Defender - Similar Threads - Update Defender

2. Windows 10 update stuck on Defender

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows 10 update stuck on Defender: Searching through threads it seems this has been happening for a long time now. Each PC I build up recently gets stuck on the microsoft Defender Antivirus updates. This holds up all of the other updates. I've tried countless suggestions to try and clear this or that....
  3. windows defender failed to update

windows defender failed to update: i got a notification that my window defenders needed to update because the virus and spyware definitions out of date. i was trying to update but the status didn't change, also my network connection is good not in the poor connection. also, i didn't get any warn after i tried...
  4. windows defender updates / 1903 update

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    windows defender updates / 1903 update: Do updates for Windows Defender operate independently of operating system updates? Currently running win 10 pro 1903 Is it possible to rollback to a pre 1903 update? Thanks, 156837
  5. Definition updates for Windows Defender

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Definition updates for Windows Defender: I have three pcs on my home network all running Windows 10. One of them no longer downloads and installs the definition updates for Windows Defender. I worked with a support agent and went through the following steps running the command prompt as administrator: net stop...
  6. Windows Defender services stop, Platform folder EMPTY, updates KB4052623 and KB2267602 give...

Windows Defender services stop, Platform folder EMPTY, updates KB4052623 and KB2267602 give...: I cannot install Windows Defender Platform update KB4052623 and another package KB2267602. After downloading, I get the error 0x80070643. I tried everything from THIS thread, as well as all the common techniques restart etc. I tried wureset from wureset.com, and also the...
  7. windows defender updates / 1903 update

in Windows 10 Support
    windows defender updates / 1903 update: Do updates for Windows Defender operate independently of operating system updates? Currently running win 10 pro 1903 Is it possible to rollback to a pre 1903 update? Thanks, 156837
  8. windows defender security intelligence update failed

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows defender security intelligence update failed: hi, i try to configure VDI update for windows defender..the definition file was unpack to file server ..i set the folder security to everyone. but the update still failed. Windows Defender Antivirus has encountered an error trying to update security intelligence. New...
  9. Windows Defender is not updating.

Windows Defender is not updating.: Hello, I have Windows8.1 on Toshiba Satellite C50-B846 laptop. The Windows Defender is not updating since last 5 days. What may be the cause? Could any one help me, please? Khadga Rai Nepal...
  10. Failure to update Windows Defender on Window 8

Failure to update Windows Defender on Window 8: Using Window 8, cannot update windows defender, when click on update, got error message: 0x8007139f https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/failure-to-update-windows-defender-on-window-8/ebaab0f7-23cf-46a6-a6b2-c795d21546eb