Windows 10: Windows update and windows security broken

Discus and support Windows update and windows security broken in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; https://imgur.com/WMirS1Z -- Windows can't be updated, I get an error with the code 0x80080005 https://imgur.com/6ycffDw -- Windows security is just... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Quoteory, Apr 30, 2020.

1. Quoteory Win User

Windows update and windows security broken

https://imgur.com/WMirS1Z -- Windows can't be updated, I get an error with the code 0x80080005

https://imgur.com/6ycffDw -- Windows security is just "security at a glance", and cant do anything else, and when I manage to get to the page where I can scan none of the buttons workhttps://imgur.com/kCXp5iy -- not all services are present? From the videos I watched people tend to have more services than this

When I attempt to reset my PC, it won't let me "there was a problem resetting your PC, no changes have been made"

I ran a full Microsoft security scanner found here https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/wi...otection/intelligence/safety-scanner-download overnight and it said it removed some things and other things partially, but no issues seem to be fixed

and the Security Center service is completely grayed out

https://imgur.com/sC01PI5

I was trying to fix this on my own for a couple of days, but no video I find is having my exact problem, and nothing I found has the security center service grayed out like that cant restart, stop, or anything

My PC works fine aside from these 2 problems to the best of my knowledge

Any help will be greatly appreciated, and if anymore tests or information needs to be provided to help you help me don't hesitate to ask and ill get right on it asap

:)

Quoteory, Apr 30, 2020

2. Windows 7 Ultimate (64) Security updates not installing.

I have been having problems in installing the updates that I have listed below. For each update I attempted to install them individually but they would not install. I also downloaded the SURT 6.1 KB947821 v27. The problem has been going on now for about 2 months. (whenever the issue with the updates comes to mind I am never near my pc). Thank you in advance.

Cumulative Security Update for Internet Explorer 9 for Windows 7 for x64-based Systems (KB2838727)
    Security Update for Windows 7 for x64-based Systems (KB2757638)
    Security Update for Windows 7 for x64-based Systems (KB2785220)
    Security Update for Windows 7 for x64-based Systems (KB2790113)
    Security Update for Windows 7 for x64-based Systems (KB2813170)
    Security Update for Windows 7 for x64-based Systems (KB2813430)
    Security Update for Windows 7 for x64-based Systems (KB2839894)
    Update for Windows 7 for x64-based Systems (KB2726535)
    Update for Windows 7 for x64-based Systems (KB2773072)
    Update for Windows 7 for x64-based Systems (KB2786400)
    Update for Windows 7 for x64-based Systems (KB2798162)
    Update for Windows 7 for x64-based Systems (KB2808679)

autigerfan, Apr 30, 2020
  3. AsRock Win User
    Windows 10 Update

Well just noticed a pretty large one pop up coming in at 914MB, seems it makes some pretty serous updates.

KB3172985
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3172985

This security update includes improvements and fixes in the functionality of Windows 10 Version 1511 and Windows Server 2016 Technical Preview 4. It also resolves the following vulnerabilities in Windows:

• 3175677 MS16-094: Security update for secure boot: July 12, 2016
    • 3174060 MS16-093: Security update for Adobe Flash Player: July 12, 2016
    • 3171910 MS16-092: Security update for Windows Kernel: July 12, 2016
    • 3170048 MS16-091: Security update for .Net Framework: July 12, 2016
    • 3171481 MS16-090: Security update for Kernel Mode Drivers: July 12, 2016
    • 3170050 MS16-089: Security update for Windows secure kernel mode: July 12, 2016
    • 3170005 MS16-087: Security update for the Microsoft Print Spooler: July 12, 2016
    • 3169999 MS16-085: Cumulative security update for Microsoft Edge: July 12, 2016
    • 3169991 MS16-084: Cumulative security update for Internet Explorer: July 12, 2016

AsRock, Apr 30, 2020
  4. Windows update and windows security broken

Windows 8 failure configuring updates and reverting

I agree 8 is awful! It's not for me though... I replaced a broken screen in a Win 8 laptop that was given to me and I am going to give it for free to someone that can't afford one so they can do homework at home. Yes I took it from 8 to 8.1 back on 10/09/2014. This is what I posted there...

"Great post! I found a similar one. I would like to point out that you may want to edit your OP...

1. Step 1 should read to disable AUTOMATIC updates, not disable manual updates.

2. KB2871398 should really read KB2871389

I would like to say that KB2917499 may also be needed as it was in my case. I also had to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter after installing those 2 updates. After these steps I was able to begin my 8.1 download from the Microsoft store. I don't know if it made a difference or not, but I also went into the Bios and disabled "Secure Boot."

It was a helpful post. Thanks!

BlackHawk1, Apr 30, 2020
Thema:

Windows update and windows security broken

1. Windows update and windows security broken - Similar Threads - update security broken

2. Windows Security is Broken

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Security is Broken: I cant access it. It's a personal computer and not part of any organization and never has been. how do i get past it.I also cant log out of my xbox game bar app or xbox app I have tried everythinghis error?...
  3. Windows Security is Broken

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Security is Broken: I cant access it. It's a personal computer and not part of any organization and never has been. how do i get past it.I also cant log out of my xbox game bar app or xbox app I have tried everythinghis error?...
  4. Windows updates broken, windows reinstall broken

Windows updates broken, windows reinstall broken: Hi. I have been down a large rabbit hole of trying to fix my windows after multiple update failures and now my pc audio drivers no longer function. I finally came to this result here. Its the exact situation I find myself in....
  5. Windows updates broken, windows reinstall broken

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows updates broken, windows reinstall broken: Hi. I have been down a large rabbit hole of trying to fix my windows after multiple update failures and now my pc audio drivers no longer function. I finally came to this result here. Its the exact situation I find myself in....
  6. Windows updates broken, windows reinstall broken

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. Window security has broken for me

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Window security has broken for me: I use a Dell Vostro and currently using Windows 11. Yesterday, my sister logged off my window account and logged in to her. And now my window security showing a caution icon. When I click on it, the section "Virus & threat protection" and "account protection" took forever to...
  8. Window security has broken for me

Window security has broken for me: I use a Dell Vostro and currently using Windows 11. Yesterday, my sister logged off my window account and logged in to her. And now my window security showing a caution icon. When I click on it, the section "Virus & threat protection" and "account protection" took forever to...
  9. Windows Security & Updates broken Second time

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Security & Updates broken Second time: So I'm having some issues with Windows at the moment, the weird thing is that I had these exact same issues in July, and the only way I could fix them was to completely reinstall windows, now a few months later I am facing theexact same issues once again. Very strange. The...
  10. Windows security is broken??

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows security is broken??: So, when I try to access my Windscribe VPN connection that pops up in the WiFi menu usually located on the task bar, Windows Security asks me for my password and username, but I don't know either. Tried my Windscribe account, failed. Tried my PC account, FAILED. Tried my...