Windows 10: Windows Update and Windows store downloads not working

Discus and support Windows Update and Windows store downloads not working in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; It started a week or so after I updated to windows 1809. I've tried almost everything including clearing windows update cache and even resetted the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Hotpants1475, Dec 14, 2018.

1. Windows Update and Windows store downloads not working

It started a week or so after I updated to windows 1809. I've tried almost everything including clearing windows update cache and even resetted the laptop fully but it didn't fix it. Please help.

:)

Hotpants1475, Dec 14, 2018
  2. brandonwh64, Dec 14, 2018
  3. m4gicfour Win User
    Windows 10 forced download

^This, then reboot and go to manually update windows. Find KB3035583 in the list of available updates, right-click and "Hide this update" so it doesn't get installed again next go around.

m4gicfour, Dec 14, 2018
  4. Windows Update and Windows store downloads not working

Windows 10 forced download

To stop the download, uninstall the KB3035583 update (under "Control Panel > Windows Update > Installed Updates").

To get rid of the C:\$Windows.~BT folder:
    • Right-click on your C: drive.
    • Select "Properties".
    • Click on [ Disk Cleanup ]
    • After the initial scan: If you have a [ Clean up system files ] button, click it and wait for the second scan to finish.
    • Scroll down the list and look for "Temporary Windows installation files" (its size should be in the gigabytes range); check the box.
    • Click on [ OK ] to start the clean-up.

Static~Charge, Dec 14, 2018
Thema:

Windows Update and Windows store downloads not working

1. Windows Update and Windows store downloads not working - Similar Threads - Update store downloads

2. MS Store downloads and updates not working!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MS Store downloads and updates not working!: Microsoft Store is broken and I'm not able to download/update any of the apps. It's either stuck on pending or downloading 0% or the downloads are really slow. I've tried literally everything at this point.ran sfc and dism commands.reset the store cache with wsreset.reset the...
  3. MS Store downloads and updates not working!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    MS Store downloads and updates not working!: Microsoft Store is broken and I'm not able to download/update any of the apps. It's either stuck on pending or downloading 0% or the downloads are really slow. I've tried literally everything at this point.ran sfc and dism commands.reset the store cache with wsreset.reset the...
  4. MS Store downloads and updates not working!

5. MS Store downloads and updates not working!

in Windows 10 Gaming
  6. Microsoft Store Downloads and Updates Not Working

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft Store Downloads and Updates Not Working: The Microsoft Store's downloads/updates get stuck at "Pending" or the entire page doesn't load constant loading circle. I have ran through the steps from the below link but I continue to have this...
  7. MS Store-Downloads & Updates-not working!

MS Store-Downloads & Updates-not working!: Title of the thread basically. After launching MS Store, when I click on the 3 dots on the top right, select 'Downloads & Updates' and then click on Downloads under My Library, nothing shows up for me...all I see is the blue circling dots for over 30 mins. Clicked the blue...
  8. Windows Update and Windows Store will not download updates.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Update and Windows Store will not download updates.: I bought an Asus laptop in March and proceeded to install drivers and updates as needed for the hardware. Unfortunately I am unable to download anything from the Windows Update Tool and I cannot download any apps or update anything from the Windows update store. I've been to...
  9. Store apps will not work, download or update

Store apps will not work, download or update: Over thirty apps are 'pending', waiting to update. But they will not download --- they report 'Waiting for Wi-Fi'. The internet connection is good. I have lost use of Mail, People, Edge, and many other important services. I have switched Windows Firewall on, which restored...
  10. Windows Store not Downloading Updates

Windows Store not Downloading Updates: I just upgraded my OS to Windows 10 from 8.1 a few days back, and the Windows Store is the only thing giving me issues at the moment. It shows the Progress Bar of the download but frequently it just stays at 0.0MB / ???? MB downloaded for the apps and doesn't move at all....