Windows 10: Windows Update and Windows Store not able to update/download

Discus and support Windows Update and Windows Store not able to update/download in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I'm at a complete loss with this one. My system randomly stopped being able to access Windows Update, or download/update ANY apps from the Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by ice445, Jan 31, 2019.

1. ice445 Win User

Windows Update and Windows Store not able to update/download

I'm at a complete loss with this one. My system randomly stopped being able to access Windows Update, or download/update ANY apps from the Windows store whatsoever. I've also lost the ability to play Forza Horizon 4 as a result. If I try to manually check for updates, I get an error message that says "We couldn't connect to the update service", no matter how many times I try. I waited a day and tried again, same thing. I can't find ANYONE else reporting anything like this.

To make matters worse, I just did a fresh, clean install of 1809 with a build date of January 2019, from Microsoft's site and using their tool. It's still happening. And now SmartScreen doesn't work either, it complains about not being able to connect. What makes this so bizarre is that my internet is working perfectly with regards to every non Microsoft site and service. My date and time is set properly and has been triple checked, and it's correct in the BIOS as well. I did see a code related to incorrect system time the last time one of the app downloads timed out, which makes no sense given that it IS correct. Please help.

:)

ice445, Jan 31, 2019
  2. HAT
    hat Win User

Windows Update suddenly hangs?

Windows Update is suddenly hanging for some reason... I went and downloaded and installed the first bunch of updates, restarted when asked, and now when I go back to windows update I just get the window with a white box forever. Reboot and it still does it. This happens to be on my main machine, running windows 7.

I've also noticed when I reboot it says configuring windows update, step 3 of 3, 47%. Maybe it somehow skipped something and is screwed forever?

3. brandonwh64, Jan 31, 2019
  4. Windows Update and Windows Store not able to update/download

Windows updates...

Oh. Your "Registry" must have gotten screwed up FLY3R. If for some reason you couldn't download your updates I suppose you could go to the update site, and run throught the steps 'till it fails activation. Then you could go up to "Tools > Manage Add ons > then disable "Windows Genuine Advatage Validation Tool." Of course you should only use this method if you are having problems updating your legitamate copy of Windows XP. Perhaps do to a corrupted piece of software? *Smile Windows Update and Windows Store not able to update/download :)

Thermopylae_480, Jan 31, 2019
Thema:

Windows Update and Windows Store not able to update/download

1. Windows Update and Windows Store not able to update/download - Similar Threads - Update Store able

2. Not able to download updates

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Not able to download updates: keep getting error code 0x800703f1 and have 9 updates unable to install with the same code tried factory resetting my pc and it just gets to 30% and says there was a error and is undoing recent changes. anything i can do? thanks...
  3. Not able to download updates

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Not able to download updates: keep getting error code 0x800703f1 and have 9 updates unable to install with the same code tried factory resetting my pc and it just gets to 30% and says there was a error and is undoing recent changes. anything i can do? thanks...
  4. Windows not updating and not able to download any app from windows store

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows not updating and not able to download any app from windows store: Windows not updating and not able to download any app from windows store [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-not-updating-and-not-able-to-download-any/01b3b632-f9a3-4703-8f0c-779df061d4fb
  5. Not able to download or update apps from Microsoft Store

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Not able to download or update apps from Microsoft Store: Hello, I have a windows 10 laptop. Its throwing an error whenever I try to install an app from Microsoft Store. In addition to that, giving same errors while updating installed apps and not even able to open apps that needs an update. Hope I get a solution to my...
  6. Windows update and Windows store not being able to download anything

Windows update and Windows store not being able to download anything: Recently I installed windows on my new laptop and from the very beginning I can not install any windows or windows store updates. They all get stuck at Downloading (some download up to 6%). On the windows update I get the error that an update service was shutting down and...
  7. Windows Update and Windows Store will not download updates.

Windows Update and Windows Store will not download updates.: I bought an Asus laptop in March and proceeded to install drivers and updates as needed for the hardware. Unfortunately I am unable to download anything from the Windows Update Tool and I cannot download any apps or update anything from the Windows update store. I've been to...
  8. Windows Store not able to Download Anything

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Windows Store not able to Download Anything: Recently, I have decided to activate my Minecraft Windows 10 Edition key. After that, I initiated the download, but found that after some time I would get a notification in the corner saying that Minecraft had failed to install and was retrying immediately. After several...
  9. Windows Update and Windows Store not able to update/download

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Update and Windows Store not able to update/download: I'm at a complete loss with this one. My system randomly stopped being able to access Windows Update, or download/update ANY apps from the Windows store whatsoever. I've also lost the ability to play Forza Horizon 4 as a result. If I try to manually check for updates, I get...
  10. Windows Store not Downloading Updates

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Store not Downloading Updates: I just upgraded my OS to Windows 10 from 8.1 a few days back, and the Windows Store is the only thing giving me issues at the moment. It shows the Progress Bar of the download but frequently it just stays at 0.0MB / ???? MB downloaded for the apps and doesn't move at all....