Windows 10: WIndows Update and wuauserv Error 0x80070424 I can't install anything from the Microsoft...

Discus and support WIndows Update and wuauserv Error 0x80070424 I can't install anything from the Microsoft... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have a problem with Windows Update that I can't resolve. It keeps giving me error 0x80070424 when I try to check for updates and consequently I can't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Frank_881, Aug 11, 2022.

1. Frank_881 Win User

WIndows Update and wuauserv Error 0x80070424 I can't install anything from the Microsoft...

I have a problem with Windows Update that I can't resolve. It keeps giving me error 0x80070424 when I try to check for updates and consequently I can't even use the microsoft store to download applications. I tried several methods searched on the internet including windows service restore, Dism, Scannow and even windows restore and reinstall but nothing worked.I also tried to import the system logs from another pc and then create the "wuauserv" folder in the registry which should solve the problem, but every time I restart the pc the folder is deleted automatically I have no idea what else

:)

Frank_881, Aug 11, 2022
  2. Samedh Win User

Windows Update Error 0x80070424

I upgraded, fresh install (option 2 from the installation app, erase app's preserve personal data), from v1803 to v1909 (OS Build 18363.476), to get rid of the completely intractable Windows Update Error 0x80070424.

I, of course, am still getting the Windows Update Error 0x80070424. I've tried every one of the Microsoft Troubleshooters. I've created restore points and tested all the available registry edits that I could find online. Zero luck so far.

ANY and ALL help at this point would be greatly appreciated. I'm contemplating a backup, wipe and install, after backing up all my drivers of course.

As a side note I've contacted Microsoft directly and on the forums, and have received any helpful suggestions.

Edit: Latest Windows Update Troubleshooter, downloaded directly from Microsoft, reports that it has fixed the errors. It has not, in fact, fixed anything.

Edit: I think I have a clue as to part of the problem;

WIndows Update and wuauserv  Error 0x80070424  I can't install anything from the Microsoft... [​IMG]

I fixed the missing Windows Update Service with the following command;
    sc create wuauserv DisplayName= "Windows Update" binpath= "C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe -k netsvcs -p" Start= delayed-auto depend= RpcSs

(Thanks to Windows Ninja!!! He has a video up on the problem at)

Of course, this being Windows 10, this means attempting to run Windows Update generates a new and improved error code;

Windows Update Error 0x80080005
    And I'm off to do more research...

- - - Updated - - -

As an update to my previous post;
    Known and Resolved issues for Windows 10 Nov. 2019 Update version 1909

My next bit of luck was to find the following command, which recreates the "Windows Update" service by passing some parameters to svchost and wuauserv.dll;

sc create wuauserv DisplayName= "Windows Update" binpath= "C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe -k netsvcs -p" Start= delayed-auto depend= RpcSs

I then had to manually re-add wuauserv back to my registry - no idea where it went or how it got deleted, but it was gone.
    The following video shows how to add it via regedit;

I found the following info at Microsoft, discussing the contents of the registry file needed for wuauserv to work;
    https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...c-5adc7036ed32

I got Windows Update up and running... until I rebooted. I found that I had to re-enter the command that starts "sc create wuauserv..." then reapply the registry edit, as it was again missing from my registry, and check that wuauserv, bits, cryptSvc
    and msiserver were all running, and then Windows Updates would run properly.

Anyone with any information as to how to make the changes permanent, stop the registry key for wuauserv from being deleted, it would be immensely helpful!

Samedh, Aug 11, 2022
  3. Windows 10 update error 0x80070424

Hello,

I am trying to get windows update but it shows me this error.

There were some problems installing updates, but we'll try again later. If you keep seeing this and want to search the web or contact support for information, this may help: (0x80070424).

When I try to see update history it shows nothing in it.

When i Try these steps

1. Type these commands one after another:

net stop wuauserv

net stop cryptSvc

net stop bits

net stop msiserver

net stop AppIDSvc

Ren C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution SoftwareDistribution.old

Ren C:\Windows\System32\catroot2 Catroot2.old

net start wuauserv

net start cryptSvc

net start bits

net start msiserver

net start AppIDSvc

It gives me following error while stopping wuauserv.

The service name is invalid.

More help is available by typing NET HELPMSG 2185.

I tried THE FOLLOWING LINK ALSO.

Windows Update - Additional resources - Windows Deployment.

Still nothing happening. I cant update windows or app in Microsoft store or start windows defender.

AbhishekParab1, Aug 11, 2022
  4. WIndows Update and wuauserv Error 0x80070424 I can't install anything from the Microsoft...

Missing Windows Update; Error (0x80070424)

• Windows update shows an error (0x80070424)
    • windows update service is missing from the services.msc
    • Microsoft store wont get me updates or downloads

• Cant install any optional feature from apps
    The cause maybe

1. recently installed an update windows10 kb4565503 x64 manually from windows update catalog
    Or it could be a virus.

Code:
    [i]I just deleted a folder located
    [b]c:/windows/rss[/b] it was suspiciously a virus i also noticed scan exceptions for C:/windows folder in windows defender[/i]
    cause that's only what can do damage because my windows is a recent clean install

Edit: already tried sfc /scannow and dism.exe they show no corruptions

Pls help

The error now changed to (0x80080005) in windows update

running net start wuauserv gives error
    The system cannot find the file specified.

Siddharth_Sharma, Aug 11, 2022
Thema:

WIndows Update and wuauserv Error 0x80070424 I can't install anything from the Microsoft...

1. WIndows Update and wuauserv Error 0x80070424 I can't install anything from the Microsoft... - Similar Threads - Update wuauserv Error

2. From the recent Microsoft update I can't update or install anything

in Windows 10 Gaming
    From the recent Microsoft update I can't update or install anything: From the recent Microsoft update I can't update or install anything https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/from-the-recent-microsoft-update-i-cant-update-or/11415b8d-1a81-4a47-82fb-06e0d3d51cf5
  3. From the recent Microsoft update I can't update or install anything

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    From the recent Microsoft update I can't update or install anything: From the recent Microsoft update I can't update or install anything https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/from-the-recent-microsoft-update-i-cant-update-or/11415b8d-1a81-4a47-82fb-06e0d3d51cf5
  4. WIndows Update and wuauserv Error 0x80070424 I can't install anything from the Microsoft...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WIndows Update and wuauserv Error 0x80070424 I can't install anything from the Microsoft...: I have a problem with Windows Update that I can't resolve. It keeps giving me error 0x80070424 when I try to check for updates and consequently I can't even use the microsoft store to download applications. I tried several methods searched on the internet including windows...
  5. WIndows Update and wuauserv Error 0x80070424 I can't install anything from the Microsoft...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WIndows Update and wuauserv Error 0x80070424 I can't install anything from the Microsoft...: I have a problem with Windows Update that I can't resolve. It keeps giving me error 0x80070424 when I try to check for updates and consequently I can't even use the microsoft store to download applications. I tried several methods searched on the internet including windows...
  6. Error 0x80070424, missing Windows Update service and missing 'wuauserv' in Windows...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Error 0x80070424, missing Windows Update service and missing 'wuauserv' in Windows...: Since about 8 days ago, due to a driver error in my GPU I had to reset my Windows. I decided this was a good time to wipe everything clean and start again. So I proceeded to reset my PC, selecting the 'Remove Everything' option, waiting about an hour for it to complete and...
  7. Can't update Windows and install or update apps in Microsoft Store Error Code: 0x80070424

Can't update Windows and install or update apps in Microsoft Store Error Code: 0x80070424: Hello everyone I can't update my Windows and install or update apps in Microsoft Store. I run the troubleshooter but it didn't work. I searched in Youtube and tried all solutions but my windows still has problems. This is the error of windows update: Your device is missing...
  8. 0x80070424 update and microsoft store error

0x80070424 update and microsoft store error: Hi, I have had 0x80070424 error code for about a week now. i have followed all the directions for all other error codes like mine, but nothing helped. can someone please help? This is urgent....
  9. Windows Update Service not installed error: 0x80070424

Windows Update Service not installed error: 0x80070424: Hi, There are several problems, so i will start by addressing the main one, i cant update windows, since, my headphones are connecting but not showing up on playback. I had to manually install windows store using command, and cant install any apps it says unknown error on...
  10. problems installing updates error 0x80070424

problems installing updates error 0x80070424: There were some problems installing updates, but we’ll try again later. If you keep seeing this and want to search the web or contact support for information, this may help: (0x80070424)...