Windows 10: Windows Update API returns more updates than Windows Update app offers

Discus and support Windows Update API returns more updates than Windows Update app offers in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I am using Windows Update API (WUApiLib) in C# to get available updates. And it appears that it displays some driver updates while Windows Update... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by piecu, Oct 23, 2015.

1. piecu Win User

Windows Update API returns more updates than Windows Update app offers

I am using Windows Update API (WUApiLib) in C# to get available updates. And it appears that it displays some driver updates while Windows Update application tells that the device is up to date.

It returns me this (I'm using ASUS laptop):
    Is there a way to enable these updates via Windows settings? Also ESET reported me these updates as not installed…

If you are curious what it returns on your system, give it a go. I am attaching a very simple application (command line) to display not installed updates. Just unzip and execute. If you are afraid of viruses, here is the source code: Untitled - Paste Guru. You can even decompile it (it's .NET).

ShowAvailableUpdates.zip

:)

piecu, Oct 23, 2015
  2. EdWarne Win User

Windows Update says device is out of date but doesn't offer updates

I get this message when I search for updates: "Your device is at risk because it’s out of date and missing important security and quality updates. Let’s get you back on track so Windows can run more securely. Select this button to get going:"

When I select the (Search for Updates) button it simply returns the samer message, rather than offer any updates to install.

EdWarne, Oct 23, 2015
  3. IMDB Win User
    My PC keeps freezing since I updated the 'Anniversary update'.

It was offered and installed via Windows Update (more than 10 days ago).

Thema:

Windows Update API returns more updates than Windows Update app offers

1. Windows Update API returns more updates than Windows Update app offers - Similar Threads - Update API returns

2. Windows Update are not being Offered

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Update are not being Offered: Many of our Windows 11 computers are not pulling the latest updates, and we have to install them manually. This is what we have done, 1. Run the troubleshooter for Windows updates 2. Run DISM / online /cleanup-image /restorehealth3. sfc /scannow4. Reset Windows update...
  3. Windows Update are not being Offered

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Update are not being Offered: Many of our Windows 11 computers are not pulling the latest updates, and we have to install them manually. This is what we have done, 1. Run the troubleshooter for Windows updates 2. Run DISM / online /cleanup-image /restorehealth3. sfc /scannow4. Reset Windows update...
  4. APIs for windows update catalog

in Windows 10 Gaming
    APIs for windows update catalog: I am trying to get API for this websiteMicrosoft Update Catalogbecause I want to collect the list of all the KBIDs exist. or get information about a particular KBID.can anyone help?...
  5. APIs for windows update catalog

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    APIs for windows update catalog: I am trying to get API for this websiteMicrosoft Update Catalogbecause I want to collect the list of all the KBIDs exist. or get information about a particular KBID.can anyone help?...
  6. WINDOWS UPDATES CREATE MORE ISSUES THAN THEY FIX

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    WINDOWS UPDATES CREATE MORE ISSUES THAN THEY FIX: MAY 20, 2020 MS WINDOWS 10 UPDATE. More bugs/issues than fixes, ad nauseum!!!! MS should be re- branded as MORE SCREW UPS!!! DOES MICROSOFT REALLY GIVE A DAMN ABOUT US, THEIR CUSTOMERS??????????????????????? MICROSOFT, OBVIOUSLY NEEDS TO FIRE THOSE AT THE TOP WHO ALLOW...
  7. Windows Update repeatedly offers the same update

Windows Update repeatedly offers the same update: Why does Windows 10 run the same update more than once when it succeeded the first time? I've seen this happen on two different computers with update "2019-11 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 1903 for x64-based Systems {KB4524570)". Original Title : Windows Update repeat...
  8. Updates installing more than once

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Updates installing more than once: Sorry if this is a dumb question, but I just realized that KB4023057 has installed itself 3 times--November and December, 2018, and January 2019. KB4100347 has installed twice: once on January 29 and again today. Why would that be? 126628
  9. Update annoying more than a month.

Update annoying more than a month.: Update annoying more than a month. Last time three days update continued if 100% arrived message appears. Feature update to Windows 10, version 1803 - Error 0x80244018. Really annoying update i can'nt use the computer....
  10. Windows Update not offering 10158

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows Update not offering 10158: I installed 10130 yesterday using the ISO and ran Windows Update. It installed a few small updates and now says "up to date" even though I set it to the Fast Ring. Is there a way to force the update to 10158? Edit: Is this a safe site for ISO files? Download Windows 10...