Windows 10: Windows update assistant downloading older build!

Discus and support Windows update assistant downloading older build! in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello, i have windows 10 build 1903 installed and I want to upgrade to version 2004, so I installed Windows 10 Update Assistant (latest version) and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Obada, Jul 20, 2020.

1. Obada Win User

Windows update assistant downloading older build!

Hello, i have windows 10 build 1903 installed and I want to upgrade to version 2004, so I installed Windows 10 Update Assistant (latest version) and started downloading the new version but I checked the location where it's downloading the .esd file and the name of the file says the build is 19041.264 although the latest build as of making this post is 19041.388, is it supposed to download an older build for stability reasons? Is it normal?

:)

Obada, Jul 20, 2020

2. Windows 10 Update Assistant restarts after downloading 82%

Hi,

The issue may occur due to corrupted system files. In order for us to assist you better, please answer the following questions below:

• Were there any changes prior to the issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • Are there any error messages?

In the mean time, we suggest you to performing the steps provided in this article:

Fix Windows update issues
    . It contains troubleshooting steps pertaining to the issue.

We look forward to your response.

Phillip Pio, Jul 20, 2020
  3. rrodger9 Win User
    Windows 10 media creation tool downloaded an older build

Thank you for replying so quickly.

I downloaded the Windows 10 media Creation Tool from the link that you posted and it is the same as what I used before. Both are named as follows:

MediaCreationTool1809.exe

Both also show the same build number you listed. 10.0.17763.1.

The build of the Install.esd file that was created is 10.0.17134.1. which is build 1804 and not 1809

I have a very basic setup with a 4th gen I7 so it is an older system that has been around for a while and shouldn't have any issues accepting the 1809 update.

I couldn't get that update to install which is part of the reason for doing a clean install. It would never show up in my updates even using the update assistant. I just don't want to go through all of this just to
    have the same exact problem and still not be able to update to 1809.

rrodger9, Jul 20, 2020
  4. m4gicfour Win User

Windows 10 forced download

^This, then reboot and go to manually update windows. Find KB3035583 in the list of available updates, right-click and "Hide this update" so it doesn't get installed again next go around.

m4gicfour, Jul 20, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows update assistant downloading older build! - Similar Threads - update assistant downloading

2. Windows Update downloads older drivers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Update downloads older drivers: i have a laptop with windows 11, i5 8th gen and uhd 620. i recently found that my graphics card had very old drivers 27.20.100.8935, 28/10/2020 so i headed to intel website, searched drivers for my graphics card and downloaded the most recent one 31.0.101.2111, 19/07/2022 but...
  3. Windows Update downloads older drivers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Update downloads older drivers: i have a laptop with windows 11, i5 8th gen and uhd 620. i recently found that my graphics card had very old drivers 27.20.100.8935, 28/10/2020 so i headed to intel website, searched drivers for my graphics card and downloaded the most recent one 31.0.101.2111, 19/07/2022 but...
  4. Download and install Quick Assist for older versions of Windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Download and install Quick Assist for older versions of Windows: I work at a school and we are running Windows 10 NTSB 2016 version 1607 Education license. So unfortunately Quick Assist isn't included in this version of Windows. Is there anyway for me to download the install files for quick assist so I can install it on our workstations?...
  5. Download older windows version?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Download older windows version?: Ever since I upgraded to Windows 10 2004 I get a lot of crashes but I didn't upgrade via the settings so I can't roll back. Unfortunately you can not download older windows version from the official Microsoft site so you have to trust a third party website. Now I think about...
  6. Windows update assistant downloading older build!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows update assistant downloading older build!: Hello, i have windows 10 build 1903 installed and I want to upgrade to version 2004, so I installed Windows 10 Update Assistant (latest version) and started downloading the new version but I checked the location where it's downloading the .esd file and the name of the file...
  7. Where can download older Win10 builds like 1607?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Where can download older Win10 builds like 1607?: I've tried https://tb.rg-adguard.net which is a mirror for the official isos and I can look up older builds like 1607, BUT it tells me forbidden. It seems M$ doesn't let you download these versions anymore. I need an older build like 1607 to troubleshoot an issue I am having...
  8. Windows Update Assistant Download Loop

Windows Update Assistant Download Loop: I have downloaded Windows Update Assistant to update my Windows to Latest Version.because windows update in setting was not downloading After I Downloaded and started Downloading Windows it successfully downloads and verifies after that it restarts the Download. It happens...
  9. Windows 10 media creation tool downloaded an older build

Windows 10 media creation tool downloaded an older build: This evening I decided to do a fresh install of Windows 10 Pro on my PC I have been having issues with the 1809 update showing up even after trying all of the corrections I found online. I decided to check and according to the Install.esd file, the build that the media...
  10. keeps downloading windows update assistant

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    keeps downloading windows update assistant: HI I HAVE DONE everything you've said here and well it worked for a while. then i allowed windows to update a couple of days ago. it downloaded windows update assistant and started downloading update which every time it failed and i dont know why. so i moved on & cancelled...