Windows 10: Windows Update Assistant Error!

Discus and support Windows Update Assistant Error! in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Please see the attached screenshot. I continue to get this notification over and over again. I do not know why. I have updated my Surface Book... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by SeanDP, Mar 15, 2019.

1. SeanDP Win User

Windows Update Assistant Error!

Please see the attached screenshot.

I continue to get this notification over and over again. I do not know why.

I have updated my Surface Book to the latest updates. This is getting very annoying.

Any suggestions? Windows Update Assistant Error! 588b93f3-d06a-444a-b809-2f68258a932b?upload=true.jpg

:)

SeanDP, Mar 15, 2019
  2. macbeth Win User

windows update Error number 0x80004005

When i try to update windows. This came up.

[Error number: 0x80004005]
    The website has encountered a problem and cannot display the page you are trying to view. The options provided below might help you solve the problem.
    For self-help options:

Frequently Asked Questions

Find Solutions

Windows Update Newsgroup
    For assisted support options:

Microsoft Online Assisted Support (no-cost for Windows Update issues)

Thats what it said when i tried updating windows, anyone know why?

macbeth, Mar 15, 2019
  3. Windows 10 Update Assistant restarts after downloading 82%

Hi,

The issue may occur due to corrupted system files. In order for us to assist you better, please answer the following questions below:

• Were there any changes prior to the issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • Are there any error messages?

In the mean time, we suggest you to performing the steps provided in this article:

Fix Windows update issues
    . It contains troubleshooting steps pertaining to the issue.

We look forward to your response.

Phillip Pio, Mar 15, 2019
  4. AsRock Win User

Windows Updates failed to instal

I'm not sure how differant XP media center Edition is but you could clear the history \ cache if these folders are there.

Step 1 Register DLL files.

=================

By trying this step, we can check if the update engines are working properly.

1. Close all instances of Internet Explorer.

2. Click Start and Run, type "Regsvr32 atl.dll" (without quotes) in the Open box and click OK.

Note: There is a space between regsvr32 and atl.dll

3. Similarly, one by one, register the files listed below:

Regsvr32 msxml3.dll

Regsvr32 wuapi.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng1.dll

Regsvr32 wups2.dll

Regsvr32 wucltui.dll

Regsvr32 wups.dll

Regsvr32 wuweb.dll

Regsvr32 qmgr.dll

Regsvr32 qmgrprxy.dll

Regsvr32 jscript.dll

Note: If you encounter errors while registering any of these files then skip that file and continue with the next one.

If the issue persists, let's move on to the steps below to verify Windows Update services and temporary folders.

Step 2 Verify the relevant Windows Update services.

=========================================

1. Click Start->Run, type "services.msc" (without quotation marks) in the open box and click OK.

2. Double click the service "Automatic Updates".

3. Click on the Log On tab, please ensure the option "Local System account" is selected and the option "Allow service to interact with desktop" is unchecked.

4. Check if this service has been enabled on the listed Hardware Profile. If not, please click the Enable button to enable it.

5. Click on the tab "General "; make sure the "Startup Type" is "Automatic" or "Manual". Then please click the button "Stop" under "Service Status" to stop the service.

6. Then please click the button "Start" under "Service Status" to start the service.

7. Please repeat the above steps with the other services:

Background Intelligent Transfer Service

Event Log

Remote Procedure Call (RPC)

Note: Event log service is enabled on all of the hardware profiles; this service does not have an option to enable or disable on certain hardware profile.

If it still does not help, let's proceed to step 3.

Step 3 Reload the Update temporary folders.

===================================

One possible cause is that the temporary folder for Windows Update is containing corrupted files. Let's erase all the files there to get the system clean.

1. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net stop WuAuServ

2. Click Start, Run, type: %windir% and press Enter.

3. In the opened folder, rename the folder SoftwareDistribution to Sdold.

4. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net start WuAuServ

Please test the Windows Update website and let me know the result. If the issue persists, to clarify the issue and provide more accurate troubleshooting steps, please assist me in collecting the following information.

AsRock, Mar 15, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows Update Assistant Error! - Similar Threads - Update Assistant Error

2. Windows Update assistant

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Update assistant: If I update my Windows 21H2 to 22H2 with Microsoft Windows Update Assistant, won't any of my personal data or applications be deleted? Those I have installed previously.See screenshot below:1. Screenshot2. Screenshot...
  3. Windows Update assistant

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Update assistant: If I update my Windows 21H2 to 22H2 with Microsoft Windows Update Assistant, won't any of my personal data or applications be deleted? Those I have installed previously.See screenshot below:1. Screenshot2. Screenshot...
  4. Windows update assistant

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows update assistant: Recently I updated to windows 10 21h1 using windows update assistant but the new and interests widget is not there. windows settings still identifies the device is running on windows 10 20h2 when I open update assistant it shows that windows is up to date. Can anyone help....
  5. Windows 10 Update Assistant Error 0x8007001f

Windows 10 Update Assistant Error 0x8007001f: Hello,I have made a post recently about my windows error. I tried everything and my final option was the Windows 10 Update Assistant. I tried it and even that did not work because I get this error 0x8007001f. Anyone know what to do?...
  6. Error Windows 10 update assistant?

Error Windows 10 update assistant?: Can't find necessary file. Please check if you have permission to write to the installation folder in windows 10 update assistant[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/error-windows-10-update-assistant/6153be32-ba81-40c2-b7d5-65ce55b6e4c4
  7. Windows update assistance

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows update assistance: So I am trying to install windows update assistance because I can’t download from Microsoft store .It is stuck now for 10 hours at 99% and I followed some steps to fix it .But when I restarted my pc it is now stuck for 40 minutes in getting windows ready .Is it because it is...
  8. Windows Update Assistant Error 0xa0000400

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows Update Assistant Error 0xa0000400: Hey all, as title says, I'm getting this error when trying to run the update assistant to run the 1903 feature update. Unfortunately, it seems that I can't really find anything about this error so maybe my google-fu isn't strong enough. A few things to mention: This is...
  9. windows update assistant

windows update assistant: 1)Is it safe to use windows update assistant to update my computer to the latest version? 2)Should I use this to update my computer to windows 1809 version from 1803 version even though I have not received the update automatically? 3)Will it affect my computer's working?...
  10. Windows 10 update assistant error.

Windows 10 update assistant error.: Windows 10 update assistant has downloaded,verified,updated Windows 10 77% or above but it is again and again opening media creation tool and even after sometime media creation tool is also showing error. I have deleted temporary and the tools files but the same is happening....