Windows 10: WIndows Update Assistant/ Microsoft Security Advisory Notifications email v1809 Windows10

Discus and support WIndows Update Assistant/ Microsoft Security Advisory Notifications email v1809 Windows10 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; (1) A few days ago, MVP Andre da Costa told me that my v1803 needed to be updated to v1809. I ran a Settings/check for updates and this told me that my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Taffy087, Nov 29, 2018.

1. Taffy087 Win User

WIndows Update Assistant/ Microsoft Security Advisory Notifications email v1809 Windows10

(1) A few days ago, MVP Andre da Costa told me that my v1803 needed to be updated to v1809. I ran a Settings/check for updates and this told me that my v1803 was up to date. I was in the middle of drafting a rant about this when the Windows Update Assistant icon was added to my desktop and the update was then available. Can we now delete the Assistant?

An immediate reaction to v1809 - this looks to be amazing, with so many additional features. The two updates to it were installed incredibly quickly, and without any problems. Well done, Microsoft - this has given me much hope for the future after so many failed Cumulative WUs in the past two years or so.

(2) I am signed up to receiving Microsoft Security Advisory Notifications emails and they are very useful in alerting me not to do any online banking, as there is nothing worse than being in the middle of online banking when a Cumulative WU restarts my laptop without warning.

I didn't get an email this time - has the system changed or was it a one-off omission?

PS I also neither got, nor missed the silly notification message alert after the update that MS is about to install an Update when in fact it already has.

:)

Taffy087, Nov 29, 2018

2. Four Microsoft Security Updates Coming Next Week

This month's Patch Tuesday (the last one for Windows XP and Office 2003) will see Microsoft roll out four fresh security updates, two rated Critical and two rated Important, targeting remote code execution vulnerabilities found in Windows, Office and Internet Explorer. One of the updates is set to resolve a Word bug that was made public last week (on March 24th) and is known to have been exploited in 'limited, targeted attacks directed at Microsoft Word 2010'.

The April patches will be made available next week on April 8th, at about 10:00 a.m. PDT. For a bit more info check out the Advance Notification published here.

Cristian_25H, Nov 29, 2018
  3. Microsoft to Roll Out Four Security Updates Next Week

The first Patch Tuesday of 2014 is less than a week away and it will see Microsoft deliver four updates, all rated 'Important', that tackle vulnerabilities found in Windows, Office, and Dynamics AX.

One of the updates is set to resolve a previously-acknowledged elevation of privilege vulnerability that affects Windows XP and Windows Server 2003 and has already seen limited, targeted attacks. The patches will become available this coming Tuesday, January 14, at about 10:00 AM PST.

For a bit more info check out the Advance Notification found here.

Cristian_25H, Nov 29, 2018
  4. Bastieeeh Win User

WIndows Update Assistant/ Microsoft Security Advisory Notifications email v1809 Windows10

Another Internet Explorer vulnerability confirmed by Microsoft

This time specially prepared animated cursors embedded into e-mails or websites give offenders the ability to execute any code. This issue applies to the Internet Explorer 6 and 7 using Windows 2000 SP4, XP SP2, XP Professional x64, XP 64-Bit for Itanium, 2003 (regardless the SP), 2003 x64 and Vista.
    Microsoft responded to this and until they release the corresponding security update suggest this workaround:

Heise Security reports that the Security Service Provider Determina told Microsoft about this exposure last year in December already.

Source: Microsoft TechNet

Bastieeeh, Nov 29, 2018
Thema:

1. WIndows Update Assistant/ Microsoft Security Advisory Notifications email v1809 Windows10 - Similar Threads - Update Assistant Microsoft

2. Windows 10 update assistant Windows10 upgrader app.exe

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 update assistant Windows10 upgrader app.exe: Windows10 app upgrader.exe is using a lot of WiFi data. How to pause/stop it? Will it be a problem if I just uninstall it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-update-assistant-windows10-upgrader/f45d26e8-9650-4623-8fa9-605fb6cdc348
  3. Intel Driver and Support Assistant Vulnerability Advisory

in Windows 10 News
    Intel Driver and Support Assistant Vulnerability Advisory: Intel ID: INTEL-SA-00276 Advisory Category: Software Impact of vulnerability: Escalation of Privilege, Denial of Service, Information Disclosure Severity rating: MEDIUM Original release: 08/13/2019 Last revised: 08/13/2019 Summary: A potential security vulnerability in...
  4. Regarding windows10 v1809 installation

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Regarding windows10 v1809 installation: when i try to install the window10 it shows "windows cannot find the microsoft softawre licence terms make sure the installation sources are valid and restart the installation." i want to install windows 10 v1809 on my HP NOTEBOOK laptop. please give me an solution to...
  5. Advisory on February 2019 Security update for Windows 10 update 1809

in Windows 10 News
    Advisory on February 2019 Security update for Windows 10 update 1809: The February 2019 Security and Quality Rollup for Windows 10 update 1809 was released earlier this week. We have received multiple customer reports of issues when a customer has installed .NET Framework 4.8 Preview then installed the February security update, 4483452.These...
  6. Microsoft Security Advisory for self-encrypting drives

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Security Advisory for self-encrypting drives: Microsoft published the security advisory ADV180028, Guidance for configuring BitLocker to enforce software encryption, yesterday. The advisory is a response to the research paper Self-encrypting deception: weaknesses in the encryption of solid state drives (SSDs) by the...
  7. Adobe Security Advisory

in Browsers and Email
    Adobe Security Advisory: Adobe Security Advisory Security Advisory for Adobe Flash Player Release date: May 10, 2016 Vulnerability identifier: APSA16-02 CVE number: CVE-2016-4117 Platforms: Windows, Macintosh, Linux and Chrome OS Summary A critical vulnerability...
  8. Microsoft security advisory: Update for vulnerabilities in Adobe Flash

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft security advisory: Update for vulnerabilities in Adobe Flash: Microsoft security advisory: Update for vulnerabilities in Adobe Flash Player in Internet Explorer and Microsoft Edge: December 8, 2015 Microsoft has released a security advisory for IT professionals about vulnerabilities in Adobe Flash Player in the following web...
  9. Microsoft Security Advisory 4053440

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Security Advisory 4053440: Securely opening Microsoft Office documents that contain Dynamic Data Exchange (DDE) fields Published: November 8, 2017 Version: 1.0 Overview Executive Summary Microsoft is releasing this security advisory to provide information regarding security settings for...
  10. Microsoft Security Advisory 4010983

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Security Advisory 4010983: Vulnerability in ASP.NET Core MVC 1.1.0 Could Allow Denial of Service Executive Summary Microsoft is releasing this security advisory to provide information about a vulnerability in the public versions of ASP.NET Core MVC 1.1.0. This advisory also provides guidance on...