Windows 10: Windows Update Assistant Problems Win Update

Discus and support Windows Update Assistant Problems Win Update in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; New Windows 10 Warning As Microsoft Confirms Windows Update Assistant Security Issue 142463 Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Oct 13, 2019.

1. Brink Win User

Windows Update Assistant Problems Win Update

Brink, Oct 13, 2019

2. Win 10 1607 update

Installed the update manually at the the moment everything is bueno.
    It seems that Microsoft has a big problem in there update department windows 7 update has problems win 8 update has problems. Windows 10 update is so-so.

Countryside, Oct 13, 2019
  3. AsRock Win User
    Windows Updates failed to instal

I'm not sure how differant XP media center Edition is but you could clear the history \ cache if these folders are there.

Step 1 Register DLL files.

=================

By trying this step, we can check if the update engines are working properly.

1. Close all instances of Internet Explorer.

2. Click Start and Run, type "Regsvr32 atl.dll" (without quotes) in the Open box and click OK.

Note: There is a space between regsvr32 and atl.dll

3. Similarly, one by one, register the files listed below:

Regsvr32 msxml3.dll

Regsvr32 wuapi.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng1.dll

Regsvr32 wups2.dll

Regsvr32 wucltui.dll

Regsvr32 wups.dll

Regsvr32 wuweb.dll

Regsvr32 qmgr.dll

Regsvr32 qmgrprxy.dll

Regsvr32 jscript.dll

Note: If you encounter errors while registering any of these files then skip that file and continue with the next one.

If the issue persists, let's move on to the steps below to verify Windows Update services and temporary folders.

Step 2 Verify the relevant Windows Update services.

=========================================

1. Click Start->Run, type "services.msc" (without quotation marks) in the open box and click OK.

2. Double click the service "Automatic Updates".

3. Click on the Log On tab, please ensure the option "Local System account" is selected and the option "Allow service to interact with desktop" is unchecked.

4. Check if this service has been enabled on the listed Hardware Profile. If not, please click the Enable button to enable it.

5. Click on the tab "General "; make sure the "Startup Type" is "Automatic" or "Manual". Then please click the button "Stop" under "Service Status" to stop the service.

6. Then please click the button "Start" under "Service Status" to start the service.

7. Please repeat the above steps with the other services:

Background Intelligent Transfer Service

Event Log

Remote Procedure Call (RPC)

Note: Event log service is enabled on all of the hardware profiles; this service does not have an option to enable or disable on certain hardware profile.

If it still does not help, let's proceed to step 3.

Step 3 Reload the Update temporary folders.

===================================

One possible cause is that the temporary folder for Windows Update is containing corrupted files. Let's erase all the files there to get the system clean.

1. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net stop WuAuServ

2. Click Start, Run, type: %windir% and press Enter.

3. In the opened folder, rename the folder SoftwareDistribution to Sdold.

4. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net start WuAuServ

Please test the Windows Update website and let me know the result. If the issue persists, to clarify the issue and provide more accurate troubleshooting steps, please assist me in collecting the following information.

AsRock, Oct 13, 2019
  4. Windows Update Assistant Problems Win Update

Windows updates...

Oh. Your "Registry" must have gotten screwed up FLY3R. If for some reason you couldn't download your updates I suppose you could go to the update site, and run throught the steps 'till it fails activation. Then you could go up to "Tools > Manage Add ons > then disable "Windows Genuine Advatage Validation Tool." Of course you should only use this method if you are having problems updating your legitamate copy of Windows XP. Perhaps do to a corrupted piece of software? *Smile Windows Update Assistant Problems  Win Update :)

Thermopylae_480, Oct 13, 2019
Thema:

Windows Update Assistant Problems Win Update

1. Windows Update Assistant Problems Win Update - Similar Threads - Update Assistant Problems

2. Updates failing - Win 10 Pro - Windows Update Assistant

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Updates failing - Win 10 Pro - Windows Update Assistant: I have two computers running Windows 10 Pro that need updates. When I open updates, I see "Your device is missing important security and quality fixes." Checking for updates takes a minute, then nothing happens - the message stays, and no updates are run. I downloaded and ran...
  3. Updates failing - Win 10 Pro - Windows Update Assistant

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Updates failing - Win 10 Pro - Windows Update Assistant: I have two computers running Windows 10 Pro that need updates. When I open updates, I see "Your device is missing important security and quality fixes." Checking for updates takes a minute, then nothing happens - the message stays, and no updates are run. I downloaded and ran...
  4. Updates failing - Win 10 Pro - Windows Update Assistant

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. windows 10 update assistant problem

windows 10 update assistant problem: when I tried to install 10 May 2021 update on Windows 10 Update Assistant suddenly the Windows 10 Update Assistant got stuck on 97% https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-update-assistant-problem/efaffe8d-e3d5-40b3-a0b0-6179661a320a
  6. windows 10 update assistant problem

windows 10 update assistant problem: I downloaded the windows 10 latest update through the windows update assistant as esd files But in last step it show me alert to remove the VirtualBox app . there is no any VirtualBox app in my pc. Because of that I cant install updates....
  7. windows update assistant problem

windows update assistant problem: hello I am trying to update from 1511 version with Windows update assistant. It is stuck in 99% updating section. It took too long if I used insider in this version, can I get Windows update update?...
  8. Windows Update Assistant Problem

Windows Update Assistant Problem: Hellow sir , I was trying to update my window 10 from version 1803 to 1903 , after downloding all files by update Assistant , when Assistant try to install windows 10 setup fails , and assitent and setup both turned off, now what i do install downloaded files (Stored in my...
  9. win update problems

win update problems: while trying to update....following msgs shows for last few weeks. Updates have been resumed so we are checking for updates to keep your machine current with the latest security and quality updates before you can pause updates again...
  10. Windows update assistant problem

Windows update assistant problem: Trying to upgrade to 1703 is proving impossible. I have used the built in Windows update to download and install the package twice, and each time it just goes in to a loop of downloading and installing. When I run the windows update assistant to try and upgrade, that...