Windows 10: Windows Update - Audio Latency

Discus and support Windows Update - Audio Latency in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; The last Windows update resulted in audio latency, but it magically fixed itself a few hours later. Today's update has done it again, but it won't go... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by AndyPike1, Apr 23, 2020.

1. AndyPike1 Win User

Windows Update - Audio Latency

The last Windows update resulted in audio latency, but it magically fixed itself a few hours later. Today's update has done it again, but it won't go away this time. Any thoughts?

:)

AndyPike1, Apr 23, 2020

2. Audio stuttering/buzzing and storport.sys high dpc latency

I've only had this audio issue for a few weeks already after I did a custom windows 10 install bc of a previous problem. I've also posted twice about this but no one has helped me yet. I'll post the following possible solutions and suggestions that
    I've already done to avoid repeated answers

I did: audio troubleshooter, uninstalled then reinstalled audio drivers, disabled audio enhancements and tried different audio quality under the advanced tab.

After more searching online I tried using DPC Latency Checker (and then LatencyMon to be more detailed) since I read that having high dpc latency can cause problems with real time audio among other things. Apparently
    storport.sys is the problem? I literally just have basic knowledge about anything regarding this kind of stuff and I don't have any clue on how to fix this so I just hope someone can help me and give me steps by steps suggestions on how I can solve this. my
    audio has just been driving me crazy with those stuttering sounds and I don't want it to worsen.

I would also like to know if having
    Ricoh SD/MMC Host Controller
    and nothing else aside from that, under
    IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers
    , is okay and won't cause problems?

please, I hope someone can help and answer this time around!

CeriWilliams1, Apr 23, 2020
  3. Latency issues with Audio recording on the PC

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are facing issues with Audio Latency on your PC. For further clarity on the issue, please respond to the questions below:

1. Which build version of Windows 10 are you using currently?
    2. Are you aware of any changes made to the PC prior to which you weren’t facing this issue?
    3. What is the make and model of the PC?
    4. Does this happen only when recording audio or when playing music as well?

Refer the article Which version of Windows operating system am I running?

Meanwhile, I would suggest you to refer the article
    Fix sound problems in Windows 10
    and see if that helps.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Apr 23, 2020
  4. swamphox Win User

Audio Latency Mouse Lag

I have posted this problem on the forums and there is never a clear resolution to the audio latency problems with Win10. The one thing I have not completed is the performance monitor. This issue with audio latency is pretty bad. Just do a little search
    and see the number of people experiencing the problem.

swamphox, Apr 23, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows Update - Audio Latency - Similar Threads - Update Audio Latency

2. Windows Audio Latency

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Audio Latency: Will Windows 11 remove the audio latency that is on Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-audio-latency/b07fc151-a9da-4ce9-9a07-5965cfb945cd
  3. Windows Audio Latency

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Audio Latency: Will Windows 11 remove the audio latency that is on Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-audio-latency/b07fc151-a9da-4ce9-9a07-5965cfb945cd
  4. Bluetooth Audio Latency

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth Audio Latency: I've noticed when using my Bluetooth earbuds Tozo T6 that I get a very consistent audio latency of about 200 milliseconds. The very same pair of earbuds has no noticeable latency on my Android phone, however. I've tried running the audio and Bluetooth troubleshooters, and...
  5. Audio latency problems

Audio latency problems: I have a small recording studio so I usually connect various external sound cards to my pc. A couple of weeks ago I started having problems like crackling, audio clicking, terrible sound and stuff like that.I started checking for Bios, drivers or other apps updates. I...
  6. Audio latency issues

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Audio latency issues: For a few months now, my PC has been experiencing latency spikes. Audio dropouts are exceedingly common, and I can't seem to properly diagnose what is causing this problem. This all started when I installed a new HDD, a WD Blue. Of note is that it spun at 5400rpm, which I...
  7. Audio latency issues

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Audio latency issues: For a few months now, my PC has been experiencing latency spikes. These initially manifested as no more than audio dropouts, but eventually have begun to escalate into visual dragging, as well. Audio popping is very common now, and the mouse dragging when I try to move it is...
  8. DPC latency audio problem

DPC latency audio problem: hey, im having dificultys with my pc. im having problem with every task im doing, even playing a yt video. so the problem is im having random freezes and audio freezes/lags every 10-40 mins. i dont exactly know whats causing it but im pretty sure its not the disks/ram. ive...
  9. Audio Driver sound latency

Audio Driver sound latency: I am running windows 10. i have a sound latency problem. I have read about the Realtek driver issue, but my device manager doesn't say that name, rather it says "High Definition Audio Device. What is really frustrating, is that my old slow windows xp computer was able to do...
  10. Will different audio drivers cure audio latency?

Will different audio drivers cure audio latency?: I've been trying for over 6 months to get my HP i7 Pavillion to function as a guitar amp modeler, but even using ASIO4ALL in the Guitar Rig application does not help to where it is usable. My Dell Vostro 2 core running Win Xp and Amplitube3 plays just fine, with latency that...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. storport.sys latency