Windows 10: Windows Update / automatic driver updates?

Discus and support Windows Update / automatic driver updates? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have potentially four machines that are eligible for a Windows 10 upgrade, based on most of what I read I was hopeful that there would be few if any... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by NormAtHome, Aug 5, 2015.

1. Windows Update / automatic driver updates?

I have potentially four machines that are eligible for a Windows 10 upgrade, based on most of what I read I was hopeful that there would be few if any problems until I read that Windows would now automatically install driver updates along with operating system updates. All four systems have either Windows 7 Pro / Ultimate or Windows 8 Pro.

I would prefer for Windows to not replace a manufacturers driver with a Microsoft one, is there a way to prevent driver updates from being installed without approval from me?

Thanks!

- Norm

:)

NormAtHome, Aug 5, 2015
  2. Tryx3 Win User

automatic driver update

Thomas,

Why do you think it is turned off?

You can deliberately exclude hardware driver updates in Control panel, System, Advanced system settings, Hardware tab, Device installation settings, No, Save changes. So check there in case that is what you have done.

Windows Update / automatic driver updates? [​IMG]

Many people prefer to get their hardware updates directly from their computer maker, printer maker etc because Windows update can get it wrong.

Denis

Tryx3, Aug 5, 2015
  3. automatic driver update

seems to be turned off

how to turn on automatic driver update

ThomasKomoly, Aug 5, 2015
  4. Boozad Win User

Windows Update / automatic driver updates?

Boozad, Aug 5, 2015
  5. Thank you, very helpful!

- Norm

NormAtHome, Aug 5, 2015
  6. Boozad Win User
    You're welcome. *Smile

Boozad, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Windows Update / automatic driver updates?

1. Windows Update / automatic driver updates? - Similar Threads - Update automatic driver

2. Device Drivers Are Not Automatically Updated

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Device Drivers Are Not Automatically Updated: G'day,When I select 'update driver' in device manager and select automatically search for update, it instantly says 'The best drivers for your device are already installed'. Notice the word instantly. It does not feel like Windows is actually searching for appropriate...
  3. Device Drivers Are Not Automatically Updated

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Device Drivers Are Not Automatically Updated: G'day,When I select 'update driver' in device manager and select automatically search for update, it instantly says 'The best drivers for your device are already installed'. Notice the word instantly. It does not feel like Windows is actually searching for appropriate...
  4. Windows automatically updating drivers.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows automatically updating drivers.: Hello, I have some devices which I want to keep the same driver provided by manufacturer but windows keep replacing them and adding it's own microsoft drivers which doesn't work.I want windows to stop this automatically unnecessary updating drivers....
  5. Windows automatically updating drivers.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows automatically updating drivers.: Hello, I have some devices which I want to keep the same driver provided by manufacturer but windows keep replacing them and adding it's own microsoft drivers which doesn't work.I want windows to stop this automatically unnecessary updating drivers....
  6. Windows automatically updating drivers.

7. Automatic driver updates

Automatic driver updates: Windows Update regularly replaces my carefully selected working audio drivers with the buggy default one. Not only is this incredibly annoying, but it's actually dangerous. The bug causes volume to jump to 100 when resuming paused playback, which can cause hearing damage...
  8. Workaround for automatic driver updates?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Workaround for automatic driver updates?: Is there a way to stop Windows update from installing driver updates in Windows 10 HOME? Today I was working on some audio rendering on my laptop and the PC started freezing with multiple TDR errors - right in the middle of the job. Windows had updated my graphics driver...
  9. Disable Automatic Windows Update Driver Update

Disable Automatic Windows Update Driver Update: Hello and thanks for taking a look at my issue. I have been using my PC manufacturers Synaptics touch-pad driver for years without issue, it is from 2015. The other day Windows 10 automatically updated to some 2017 Synpatics driver. I lost the ability to scroll up or down...
  10. Automatic Updates (Non Windows Drivers)

Automatic Updates (Non Windows Drivers): Hi there, Wondering if anyone could answer something regarding Windows 10. I'm curious about the auto updates. A lot of the drivers I download manually always seem to ship with unnecessary extras I don't require. For eg. Nvidia drivers I custom install and deselect...