Windows 10: windows update 'Automatically Download Updates'

Discus and support windows update 'Automatically Download Updates' in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; In settings-wndows update-advanced options. When I try to select 'Automatically Download Updates' the slider just returns to the off position.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by AnthonyTogher, Jan 9, 2019.

1. windows update 'Automatically Download Updates'

In settings-wndows update-advanced options. When I try to select 'Automatically Download Updates' the slider just returns to the off position.

:)

AnthonyTogher, Jan 9, 2019
  2. bigscale Win User

windows automatic updates

i have some questions about the windows automatic updates in windows xp pro w sp/2. ive got about forty updates they recommend , mostly for security but i only installed two today. after installing them i found them in my add/remove programs in the control panel, if i add all these updates that is a lot of space on my hd almost 1 gig. i thought that updates just updated files and not created new programs. should i innore all these update suggestions from microsoft?

bigscale, Jan 9, 2019
  3. Vista Automatic Updating Error

Automatic Updates isn't currently running.

DistantDeath, Jan 9, 2019
  4. jbunch07 Win User

windows update 'Automatically Download Updates'

Vista Automatic Updating Error

Resolution Suggestion:

# To resolve this problem, make sure that BITS and the Automatic Updates service are started..

A simple solution but one that works in most circumstances!

1. Click Start, click Run, type services.msc, and then click OK.

2. In the list of services, right-click Automatic Updates, and then click Properties.

3. In the Startup type list, click Automatic, and then click Apply.

4. If Service status is set to Stopped, click Start, and then click OK.

5. Right-click Background Intelligent Transfer Service, and then click Properties.

6. In the Startup type list, click Manual, and then click Apply.

7. If Service status is set to Stopped, click Start, and then click OK.

http://www.updatexp.com/0x80070422.html- source *Smile windows update 'Automatically Download Updates' :) hope that helps.

jbunch07, Jan 9, 2019
Thema:

windows update 'Automatically Download Updates'

1. windows update 'Automatically Download Updates' - Similar Threads - update 'Automatically Download

2. Windows 10 Automatic Update Download without Automatic install

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Automatic Update Download without Automatic install: On Windows 10 Pro, I am looking for a way to leave on Automatic Update downloads, but not automatically install them. This was an option in previous versions of Windows. Before, I could set updates to download and Windows would just alert me that the updates need to be...
  3. Windows 10 Automatic Update Download without Automatic install

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Automatic Update Download without Automatic install: On Windows 10 Pro, I am looking for a way to leave on Automatic Update downloads, but not automatically install them. This was an option in previous versions of Windows. Before, I could set updates to download and Windows would just alert me that the updates need to be...
  4. automatic update files download

in Windows 10 Gaming
    automatic update files download: I have limited data on my satellite internet service of 40GB. When MS downloads the almost monthly update files, it uses 25% of my monthly allotment. I have a free download period during the early morning and want to do the download at that time.This is costing my around $20...
  5. automatic update files download

automatic update files download: I have limited data on my satellite internet service of 40GB. When MS downloads the almost monthly update files, it uses 25% of my monthly allotment. I have a free download period during the early morning and want to do the download at that time.This is costing my around $20...
  6. automatic update files download

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Does windows automatically download updates?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Does windows automatically download updates?: HiDoes windows automatically download updates? Or do I need to go into settings and do it manually every so often?This is for both windows 10 and 11.Many thanks...
  8. Does windows automatically download updates?

Does windows automatically download updates?: HiDoes windows automatically download updates? Or do I need to go into settings and do it manually every so often?This is for both windows 10 and 11.Many thanks...
  9. Does windows automatically download updates?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  10. Windows Update Downloading W10 Automatically

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows Update Downloading W10 Automatically: Shortly after the "Get Windows 10" icon appeared in the system tray of my Win 8.1 installation, I made the mistake of clicking on the "Get Windows 10" icon and "reserved" my copy of Windows 10. After some research, I elected to cancel my reservation for Windows 10 and did so...