Windows 10: Windows update automatically downloading AMD drivers

Discus and support Windows update automatically downloading AMD drivers in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I used to update my AMD drivers from Windows Update but switched to using AMD Radeon Software last week, I disabled this setting below and reinstalled... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by ArghyaSaha687, Sep 16, 2021.

1. Windows update automatically downloading AMD drivers

I used to update my AMD drivers from Windows Update but switched to using AMD Radeon Software last week, I disabled this setting below and reinstalled all drivers with the software.Once all AMD drivers got updated, I ran the Windows Update and it downloaded AMD drivers again and I had to do the whole installation again. So this time as soon as drivers got installed, I immediately paused Windows Update for a week. Today I ran Windows Update and it downloaded AMD drivers yet again.So in short, how do I stop Windows Update from ever downloading any AMD updates? I will be using the using the softw

:)

ArghyaSaha687, Sep 16, 2021
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

SSD samsung evo and amd drivers

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

The issue could be because of the AMD drivers installed on the computer.

Since the Samsung SSD is working fine with the Microsoft AHCI driver, I suggest you to update the AMD driver and check if that helps. To update the AMD drivers follow the steps from the article

Update drivers in Windows 10

If updating the drivers didn’t help, I suggest you to roll back the driver to previous build and check if that helps. To roll back the driver to previous build follow the steps mentioned below:

1. Press and hold the Windows + X key on the keyboard.
    2. Select Device manager.
    3. In Device manager, expand IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers.
    4. Right click on AMD SATA Controller and select
      Properties.
    5. Navigate to the Driver tab and click on Roll Back Driver.
    6. Restart the computer.

Hope it helps.

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Sep 16, 2021
  3. Vista Automatic Updating Error

Automatic Updates isn't currently running.

DistantDeath, Sep 16, 2021
  4. Tenforo Active Member

Windows update automatically downloading AMD drivers

Updating AMD Driverswindows 10 how to update the AMD drivers without any of their Private Branding components

Hi,

Please answer the below questions to assist you better.

What is the make and model of the computer?

Follow the steps to update the Display driver:

• Press Windows Key + X key and click Device Manager.
    • Expand ‘Display Adapters’.
    • Right-click on the Display Adapter listed and click on ‘Update Driver Software’.
    • Select the option to automatically search for the updated driver software.
    • Restart the computer after its updated and verify.
    If the issue still persists then i suggest you to contact the AMD manufacturer support website and check if it helps.

Please refer the below link for the same.

http://support.amd.com/en-us

Hope this helps regarding updating the AMD display drivers. Please contact us if you are facing issues further we will be glad to assist you.

Tenforo, Sep 16, 2021
Thema:

Windows update automatically downloading AMD drivers

1. Windows update automatically downloading AMD drivers - Similar Threads - update automatically downloading

2. AMD stop windows install updates for AMD driver?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    AMD stop windows install updates for AMD driver?: AMD stop windows update AMD driver https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/amd-stop-windows-install-updates-for-amd-driver/338c2459-390c-431f-bb64-059be39dfe2f
  3. AMD stop windows install updates for AMD driver?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    AMD stop windows install updates for AMD driver?: AMD stop windows update AMD driver https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/amd-stop-windows-install-updates-for-amd-driver/338c2459-390c-431f-bb64-059be39dfe2f
  4. AMD driver automatic instalation

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    AMD driver automatic instalation: So i have this old laptop with intel HD graphics, but when i first checked the laptop, the graphics driver had an AMD graphics driver, i knew something was wrong, and after using it hardly for like 30 mins the laptop got a blue screen, then after a little research it some...
  5. AMD driver automatic instalation

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    AMD driver automatic instalation: So i have this old laptop with intel HD graphics, but when i first checked the laptop, the graphics driver had an AMD graphics driver, i knew something was wrong, and after using it hardly for like 30 mins the laptop got a blue screen, then after a little research it some...
  6. AMD driver automatic instalation

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. Is amd software automatically downloaded on windows 10?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is amd software automatically downloaded on windows 10?: I don't remember downloading amd software, neither do I know what is amd software. But please let me know if amd software is automatically downloaded on windows 10 submitted by /u/flores1_ [link] [comments]...
  8. amd driver update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    amd driver update: i cant update amd drivers and cant adjust brightness pls help when i update driver error comes no such interface supported https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/amd-driver-update/ec11253a-e224-4183-9475-6a36f5c5404a
  9. amd driver update

in Windows 10 Customization
    amd driver update: i cant update amd drivers and cant adjust brightness pls help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/amd-driver-update/ec11253a-e224-4183-9475-6a36f5c5404a
  10. Windows Update downloading drivers automatically is total BS

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows Update downloading drivers automatically is total BS: I don't want the Realtek driver. I use different custom drivers. I have the option to defer updates, but I turned it off to see what I would get. I had no idea it would automatically download this with no choice to cancel. Now it just eats up my bandwidth. Still downloading...