Windows 10: Windows Update Automatically Installing An Old Graphic Card Driver

Discus and support Windows Update Automatically Installing An Old Graphic Card Driver in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello, I have the laptop whose specs you can see in this link. https://psref.lenovo.com/Detail/Lenovo_Laptops/ideapad_320_15_AMD?M=80XS00CWTX My... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Emre.2, Jun 23, 2020.

1. Emre.2 Win User

Windows Update Automatically Installing An Old Graphic Card Driver

Hello, I have the laptop whose specs you can see in this link.

https://psref.lenovo.com/Detail/Lenovo_Laptops/ideapad_320_15_AMD?M=80XS00CWTX

My problem is that Windows Update is always sending a previous graphic card driver. If I install the latest driver instead of what it sends, it keeps trying to install it and also I start having some other problems. For instance, when I shut the lid of my laptop, it won't wake up, which is not the case when the driver Windows Update forces me to install is installed. Please help me with that.

:)

Emre.2, Jun 23, 2020
  2. wolf2009 Win User

Stop windows automatic driver install

I'm having a problem with installing a nvidia card. windows 7 automatically installs some wdm 1.1 drivers, then when i install the 195.39 drivers, it gives me less performance. like the cards lags in games when it should run fine.

how can i stop windows from installing the drivers automatically ?

i tried checking the "don't install drivers from windows update" in device manager. it still installs it.

wolf2009, Jun 26, 2020
  3. Graphics card information.

Hi David,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

The error might occur if the Graphic card is cannot update the driver automatically.

I suggest you to update the graphic card manually by following the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X and click on
      Device manager.
    • Expand Display Driver from the list.
    • Right click on the Graphic driver and select
      update driver software.

Also, can download the latest version of the graphic card from the manufacturer website.

Hope the information is helpful. Please revert back with the necessary information and we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jun 26, 2020
  4. Windows Update Automatically Installing An Old Graphic Card Driver

Automatic GPU drivers installed

Hey guys for the past 6 months I've been running a gtx 580 and I've just sent it back today as part of the step up program to get the gtx 680. For the next 2 weeks I will be using my old 9800 gtx+. I installed the card and booted the computer and upon getting to the windows screen, windows searched automatically online and installed drivers. I rebooted and checked the driver version, and sure enough, it had found and installed the latest drivers for my card.

I've always manually installed drivers by starting up the nvidia process and all that, what windows did, was it a sufficient driver install? When I get the gtx 680, I'm assuming it will do this again, would it be a smart idea to manually install the driver or would windows version do the exact same thing? Thanks guys.

lwgnlseven, Jun 26, 2020
Thema:

Windows Update Automatically Installing An Old Graphic Card Driver

1. Windows Update Automatically Installing An Old Graphic Card Driver - Similar Threads - Update Automatically Installing

2. winodws installing old graphics drivers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    winodws installing old graphics drivers: i recently update my grpahics drivers to latest ones with the help of intel driver and support assistant.but after i reboot windows automatically installs the old drivers which is 2 years old one and my pc starts to lag in games with live kernel event error how do fix this...
  3. winodws installing old graphics drivers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    winodws installing old graphics drivers: i recently update my grpahics drivers to latest ones with the help of intel driver and support assistant.but after i reboot windows automatically installs the old drivers which is 2 years old one and my pc starts to lag in games with live kernel event error how do fix this...
  4. Windows keeps installing an old graphics driver

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows keeps installing an old graphics driver: Hello team Microsoft,I have been facing this issue from last 1 and half year. I followed almost every possible step to stop windows from installing an older version.I tried to make settings in device installation settings checking that option to 'NO', Whenever I resets my...
  5. Update newest drivers for old graphics card

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Update newest drivers for old graphics card: Hi, i was just wondering if there's a way, to update new drivers for my old graphic card. I'm currently using an old AMD Radeon HD 6900, and i can't find any new drivers online, i looked everywhere. I installed the latest AMD Catalyst Control Center version, which is from...
  6. Graphics card Driver update

Graphics card Driver update: Hello, I wanted to update the driver for my Intel UHD Graphics 620 so I headed over to intel's website and downloaded the update and installed, then i was asked to restart so i restarted. After restarting the same installation window popped up and the repeated the same...
  7. Windows automatically downgrades my graphics card driver

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows automatically downgrades my graphics card driver: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/User202000 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jhtcv0/windows_automatically_downgrades_my_graphics_card/
  8. The driver is not installed on the graphics card.

The driver is not installed on the graphics card.: 1.После переустановки Windows я решил установить драйвер на видеокарту. Но когда скачал exe файл и установил драйвера, результата не было .. Скачал с оффсайта Intel, но установился и ничего не вышло .. Все точно писало "Microsoft Basic Video Adapter" [ATTACH] Пытался...
  9. Update Graphics Card driver

in Windows 10 Support
    Update Graphics Card driver: Hello,My Graphics card is Nvidia GT710.Occasionally I update its driver.Several times ago I updated the driver by running the .exe file and selecting only the graphics driver, nothing else.It left a large folder "Installer2" (about 530 MB) in the program files folder,...
  10. Old graphics card, new driver

Old graphics card, new driver: Before,I was using nvidia quadro 600 and I am trying to upgrade to nvidia gts 450 i have tried restarting multiple times, reinstalling drivers but it doesn't work the following error comes up: Page unpaged area It also tells me to tell the microsoft support this :...