Windows 10: Windows update automatically updated my system despite being Disabled!

Discus and support Windows update automatically updated my system despite being Disabled! in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I'm very disappointed to know that my Windows 10 Home 64-Bit Edition does not respect my privacy whatsoever. Last week I upgraded to Windows 10 Home... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by BLaZiNgSPEED, Apr 15, 2019.

1. Windows update automatically updated my system despite being Disabled!

I'm very disappointed to know that my Windows 10 Home 64-Bit Edition does not respect my privacy whatsoever. Last week I upgraded to Windows 10 Home Edition (clean installation) for the first time from my previous Windows 8.1 OS that I had running for 4 years.

I disabled Windows 10 Update from services after I updated it to 1809. But to my dismay Windows update automatically occurred and the Disabled turned to Automatic from the services list just a couple of hours ago. I never ever experienced such case with Windows 7 or 8.1.

Now I am beginning to wonder whether it is worth continuing the use of Windows 10! *Mad This happened even while I was gaming! I had a glimpse of lag after a couple of hours. I then checked Task Manager and saw that Windows update had automatically been switched on without my explicit permission.

Is there a solution to this issue? I know Windows update will turn on again. I want to know if it is really possible to disable it. If not I think I'll reformat windows soon and return back to 8.1 or 7. Forget DirectX 12 and all the other features. I don't care about them, if Microsoft has no respect I cannot support such operating system.

I was thinking to buy a serial to activate Windows 10. But now after such experience I think I won't bother unless there is a solution to this so it does not return back. *Think*092

:)

BLaZiNgSPEED, Apr 15, 2019
  2. bigscale Win User

windows automatic updates

i have some questions about the windows automatic updates in windows xp pro w sp/2. ive got about forty updates they recommend , mostly for security but i only installed two today. after installing them i found them in my add/remove programs in the control panel, if i add all these updates that is a lot of space on my hd almost 1 gig. i thought that updates just updated files and not created new programs. should i innore all these update suggestions from microsoft?

bigscale, Apr 15, 2019
  3. Vista Automatic Updating Error

Automatic Updates isn't currently running.

DistantDeath, Apr 15, 2019
  4. jbunch07 Win User

Windows update automatically updated my system despite being Disabled!

Vista Automatic Updating Error

Resolution Suggestion:

# To resolve this problem, make sure that BITS and the Automatic Updates service are started..

A simple solution but one that works in most circumstances!

1. Click Start, click Run, type services.msc, and then click OK.

2. In the list of services, right-click Automatic Updates, and then click Properties.

3. In the Startup type list, click Automatic, and then click Apply.

4. If Service status is set to Stopped, click Start, and then click OK.

5. Right-click Background Intelligent Transfer Service, and then click Properties.

6. In the Startup type list, click Manual, and then click Apply.

7. If Service status is set to Stopped, click Start, and then click OK.

http://www.updatexp.com/0x80070422.html- source *Smile Windows update automatically updated my system despite being Disabled! :) hope that helps.

jbunch07, Apr 15, 2019
Thema:

Windows update automatically updated my system despite being Disabled!

1. Windows update automatically updated my system despite being Disabled! - Similar Threads - update automatically updated

2. My computer randomly updated despite there being no updates needed to be done.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    My computer randomly updated despite there being no updates needed to be done.: Hi all, my computer randomly updated without any updates needed to be done.I typed in "r/" in the browser and when I went to sign out, my computer restarted and updated. I'm kind of scared because I think my computer might've just gotten a virus :...
  3. Defender Updating Despite Windows Updates Being On Pause

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Defender Updating Despite Windows Updates Being On Pause: So if I have Windows Update paused and Defender is part of Windows why is Defender updating IF updates are paused?Pretty damn angry on this one. My monitor was switched off powered on and I came home to a dead monitor.No power. Cannot turn on. Dead like disco.I am now...
  4. Not showing update despite there being some

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Not showing update despite there being some: Hi all. I have recently paused updates but I have now resumed them and it says up to date. However I know I need to get the March update for version 2004 which I was being prompted to up date to before I paused them. Are the any other methods to make windows check for...
  5. Disable the automatic updates

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Disable the automatic updates: Hi How do I disable the automatic updates completely on every edition of Windows 10 20H2? Thanks Bye 170059
  6. Windows pushes a preivew update despite having automatic updates disabled

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows pushes a preivew update despite having automatic updates disabled: I have windows 10 pro x64 and have gotten quite annoyed at windows automatically installing updates and taking forever to restart. To combat this I went to group policy editor and disabled automatic updates. Low and behold I went to shut down today and found out that windows...
  7. Disabled mousepad automatically being reset to enabled with update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Disabled mousepad automatically being reset to enabled with update: My first choice for laptop purchase would be without a mousepad, but I am in a minority. I have turned off my mousepad a few times now and it keeps turning back on without me doing it. Accidentally brushing against the mousepad has always been a source of problems and I...
  8. Disable automatics updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Disable automatics updates: How to disable automatic updates in windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disable-automatics-updates/d6484564-a7b1-4fd7-bd15-520dd58072cf
  9. Windows Update reverting to automatic after being manually disabled?

Windows Update reverting to automatic after being manually disabled?: 2 problems. 1) I disabled Windows Update in Services to avoid having to deal with the bullsh* updates. Later I put it on "manual" instead of "disabled". Today I find that my computer is "installing updates" WITHOUT a) my permission and b) without notifying me that there...
  10. Updates do NOT automatically install despite being set to do so

Updates do NOT automatically install despite being set to do so: I have my settings configured to automatically download and install Windows updates, yet every single day I have to manually check for updates and there are always updates found, which then proceed to be installed. Why is this? By very definition, shouldn't "automatic...