Windows 10: Windows Update Behaviour during sleep events

Discus and support Windows Update Behaviour during sleep events in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Could anyone please point me towards a white paper which describes how windows update in win10 behaves in the context of sleep events? What I`m... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by scoob101, Oct 27, 2019.

1. scoob101 Win User

Windows Update Behaviour during sleep events

Could anyone please point me towards a white paper which describes how windows update in win10 behaves in the context of sleep events?

What I`m interested to understand is if windows update is in the middle of a download / initialisation / installation event - and then a user decides to put the machine to sleep - how do things behave?

:)

scoob101, Oct 27, 2019
  2. Phillmont Win User

Hibernating laptop changes to sleep behaviour after Windows 10 May 2019 update

Hi Aditya,

Thank you for your reply. I have tried the two steps (turning of Hybrid sleep and Fast startup) you suggested but to no avail. Okay, for your two questions:

1. My laptop is a HP Pavilion 14-bf101tx, and currently running Windows 10 1903 (upgrading from 1809).
    2. Nope. No error messages. I suppose the boot process was successful, however, my battery was reduced. That's why I suggest the post title as "Hibernating changes to sleep behaviour" because the battery level reduction looks like sleep behaviour.

Please inform me of any diagnostics information you might need. Thank you for your kind assistance.

Phillmont, Oct 27, 2019
  3. computer wake up from sleep mode by itself windows 10

Hello,

At this point, I suggest you to check the event viewers for specific events that might have occurred during the Sleep phase in Windows.

To view activities in Windows, I suggest you to open the Event Viewer. To do so, follow the below steps.

• Go to the Control Panel and choose to click on the
      Administrative Tools icon.
    • The above action will open up a new window of the Administrative Tools where you will see the
      Event Viewer.

Kindly let us know the results and we would be happy to help you further.

Thank You.

Sayan_Ghosh, Oct 27, 2019
  4. MSuser89 Win User

computer wake up from sleep mode by itself windows 10

how to upload the results?

MSuser89, Oct 27, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows Update Behaviour during sleep events - Similar Threads - Update Behaviour during

2. Windows 10 Sleep During Update Installation

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Sleep During Update Installation: Hello My PC Sleep During Installation Of Windows 10 Update 22H2 Will That Cause Any Problems https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-sleep-during-update-installation/c4312e39-8fed-43a1-a017-fec886b47aaf
  3. Windows 10 Sleep During Update Installation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Sleep During Update Installation: Hello My PC Sleep During Installation Of Windows 10 Update 22H2 Will That Cause Any Problems https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-sleep-during-update-installation/c4312e39-8fed-43a1-a017-fec886b47aaf
  4. Windows 10 Sleep During Update Installation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Sleep During Update Installation: Hello My PC Sleep During Installation Of Windows 10 Update 22H2 Will That Cause Any Problems https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-sleep-during-update-installation/c23009f4-d6f9-4b20-aa82-be058f9ebab4
  5. Windows 10 Sleep During Update Installation

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Sleep During Update Installation: Hello My PC Sleep During Installation Of Windows 10 Update 22H2 Will That Cause Any Problems https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-sleep-during-update-installation/c23009f4-d6f9-4b20-aa82-be058f9ebab4
  6. Windows 10 Sleep During Update Installation

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Windows 10 Sleep During Update Installation

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. Very strange behaviour with sleep and hibernate

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Very strange behaviour with sleep and hibernate: Hello everyone! I rarely use sleep or hibernate so I do not know when this problem was introduced but I first noted it earlier this week. If I put my computer to sleep it immediately wakes every time. Pretty odd, but even odder is the fact that according to powercfg /lastwake...
  9. Strange sleep/hibernate behaviour.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Strange sleep/hibernate behaviour.: Hi, I've just bought an HP Zbook Studio G7, and I'm having issues when I try to put the system to sleep using the 'sleep' key on a Logitech MX Keys Bluetooth keyboard. I'm running Windows 10 Pro version 2004. All drivers are up to date. When I press the sleep key on the...
  10. Sleeping and Hibernating with Issues and Erratic Behaviour

in Windows 10 Support
    Sleeping and Hibernating with Issues and Erratic Behaviour: All or any of the following situations can happened when I try to put my computer either in sleep or hibernate mode. The computer seldom enters and stays in sleeping or hibernate mode until I awake it; The computer enters in sleeping or hibernate, stays for from a few...