Windows 10: Windows update being funky

Discus and support Windows update being funky in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; For some reason, windows update keeps asking me to update my system every hour, even though I'm on the latest version of windows (it already updated),... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/throwaway-agender, Oct 25, 2020.

1. Windows update being funky

For some reason, windows update keeps asking me to update my system every hour, even though I'm on the latest version of windows (it already updated), and when I press "Ok" to do the update, it just pops the message again.
    What the hell is happening ?

PS : How do I disable windows updates alltogether ? It used to be possible (there was an option for it in older versions of windows 10) but now you can't :/
    I still need to use windows 10 for some stuff (trying to migrate mostly on CentOS and Ubuntu).

PPS :

I want to get rid of all of the bloatware that's with windows 10 is it possible ?

submitted by /u/throwaway-agender
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/throwaway-agender, Oct 25, 2020
  2. 3Colors Win User

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Windows update being funky :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Oct 25, 2020
  3. AsRock Win User
    Windows Updates failed to instal

I'm not sure how differant XP media center Edition is but you could clear the history \ cache if these folders are there.

Step 1 Register DLL files.

=================

By trying this step, we can check if the update engines are working properly.

1. Close all instances of Internet Explorer.

2. Click Start and Run, type "Regsvr32 atl.dll" (without quotes) in the Open box and click OK.

Note: There is a space between regsvr32 and atl.dll

3. Similarly, one by one, register the files listed below:

Regsvr32 msxml3.dll

Regsvr32 wuapi.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng1.dll

Regsvr32 wups2.dll

Regsvr32 wucltui.dll

Regsvr32 wups.dll

Regsvr32 wuweb.dll

Regsvr32 qmgr.dll

Regsvr32 qmgrprxy.dll

Regsvr32 jscript.dll

Note: If you encounter errors while registering any of these files then skip that file and continue with the next one.

If the issue persists, let's move on to the steps below to verify Windows Update services and temporary folders.

Step 2 Verify the relevant Windows Update services.

=========================================

1. Click Start->Run, type "services.msc" (without quotation marks) in the open box and click OK.

2. Double click the service "Automatic Updates".

3. Click on the Log On tab, please ensure the option "Local System account" is selected and the option "Allow service to interact with desktop" is unchecked.

4. Check if this service has been enabled on the listed Hardware Profile. If not, please click the Enable button to enable it.

5. Click on the tab "General "; make sure the "Startup Type" is "Automatic" or "Manual". Then please click the button "Stop" under "Service Status" to stop the service.

6. Then please click the button "Start" under "Service Status" to start the service.

7. Please repeat the above steps with the other services:

Background Intelligent Transfer Service

Event Log

Remote Procedure Call (RPC)

Note: Event log service is enabled on all of the hardware profiles; this service does not have an option to enable or disable on certain hardware profile.

If it still does not help, let's proceed to step 3.

Step 3 Reload the Update temporary folders.

===================================

One possible cause is that the temporary folder for Windows Update is containing corrupted files. Let's erase all the files there to get the system clean.

1. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net stop WuAuServ

2. Click Start, Run, type: %windir% and press Enter.

3. In the opened folder, rename the folder SoftwareDistribution to Sdold.

4. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net start WuAuServ

Please test the Windows Update website and let me know the result. If the issue persists, to clarify the issue and provide more accurate troubleshooting steps, please assist me in collecting the following information.

AsRock, Oct 25, 2020
  4. Windows update being funky

windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Oct 25, 2020
Thema:

Windows update being funky

1. Windows update being funky - Similar Threads - update being funky

2. Funky USB Audio operation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Funky USB Audio operation: Hi, I have a problem with my new USB headphoneIs it just me or does anyone else notice USB headphones always have one side louder than the other, in my case the right side is louder than the leftI used the configuration tab in the control panel sound playback menu and both...
  3. Funky USB Audio operation

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Funky USB Audio operation: Hi, I have a problem with my new USB headphoneIs it just me or does anyone else notice USB headphones always have one side louder than the other, in my case the right side is louder than the leftI used the configuration tab in the control panel sound playback menu and both...
  4. Mediatek bluetooth driver being very funky and when i deleted it i cant reinstall it

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mediatek bluetooth driver being very funky and when i deleted it i cant reinstall it: I'm on an asus zephyrus laptop ROG Zephyrus and recently my mediatek adaptors have just sucked. I've had many problems with the wifi adaptor and now with the bluetooth adaptor, but i deleted it then shut down and turned my laptop back on and it worked the first time, but the...
  5. funky file

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    funky file: i found a file on one drive it is unconfirmed21254.crdownload does anyone what this is?....thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/funky-file/4f7a84e2-739b-4604-a4dd-8a0282e1e7a6
  6. The display has gone all funky

in Windows 10 Customization
    The display has gone all funky: I downloaded sims 2 and when i played it the screen got smaller so that theres 2 big black spaces on either side and eveything is just smaller. The problem is that when i exit the game the screen stays the same size. ive tried restarting it twice and it hasnt helped and i...
  7. funky start up

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    funky start up: Every time I close all my apps, and then do a normal shut down of my Windows 10 computer, when I turn it back on a day or so later, it reopens any program or web pages that were open before I closed all the apps prior to shut down. How do I stop this!?...
  8. Funky Mouse on Keyboard

in Windows 10 Customization
    Funky Mouse on Keyboard: Every time I swipe from left to right on my mouse, the task bar appears. How do I turn this off? Also, randomly my mouse on the screen will freeze and then swipe across the entire screen pressing things I didn't press. Can anyone help with this? Thanks!...
  9. Funky auto-hiding scrollbars in 1703

in Windows 10 Support
    Funky auto-hiding scrollbars in 1703: I installed 1703 on a few of my computers on Tuesday and in my post-install tuning have discovered some strange behavior. On one of my devices the scroll wheel on the mouse no longer allows me to scroll in *some* applications, such as the Windows Settings app. Where it fails...
  10. Mouse Cursor Looks Funky

in Windows 10 Support
    Mouse Cursor Looks Funky: I just noticed a few days ago that my mouse selection cursor looks funky. I dunno why it started to look this way, but it's really annoying. (It's really big and unintuitive) Not only that, but it also looks funky when it's in "hand" state. Thankfully, it still looks OK in...