Windows 10: Windows update blocked my Bluetooth

Discus and support Windows update blocked my Bluetooth in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I updated my Windows yesterday and now my TP400 Bluetooth dongle is not working with it. It is recognized as a hp 5 micro receiver' and places it in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by LisaReber468, Nov 27, 2021.

1. Windows update blocked my Bluetooth

I updated my Windows yesterday and now my TP400 Bluetooth dongle is not working with it. It is recognized as a hp 5 micro receiver' and places it in the category of a keyboard. Tried uninstalling the update and that has not restored my Bluetooth either. Normally when I plugged my TP400 Bluetooth dongle into my USB port the Bluetooth icon would appear and then I could connect it to my wireless speakers. I already removed the device and tried to reinstall it. any. I'm not sure what else to do.

:)

LisaReber468, Nov 27, 2021
  2. aasim1111 Win User

Bluetooth in windows 10

My computer specs are as listed in the profile. I think all of you guys are correct. I don't have built-in Bluetooth in mobo.

I contacted skull candy headphones and thy have told me if I do not have built-in Bluetooth, I would need a dongle which supports at least a2dp. I do not know what the heck that means. I have a feeling I would need more than a cheap dongle.

Anyone suggest some a2dp adapters. I searched but don't know what a2dp is so couldn't make a decision

aasim1111, Nov 27, 2021
  3. jerriy Win User
    Bluetooth is not working — troubleshoot claims I don't even have it

I have done all the following steps:

- installed bluetooth driver from manufacturer
    - hit windows update
    - updated / uninstalled bluetooth items listed in Device Manager and restarted the PC
    - updated / uninstalled USB drivers listed in Device Manager and restarted the PC (USB drivers automatically came back but not bluetooth)
    - turned on and restarted all bluetooth support in services.msc
    - conducted bluetooth troubleshooting
    - conducted hardware troubleshooting

jerriy, Nov 27, 2021
  4. P4-630 Win User

Windows update blocked my Bluetooth

Bluetooth in windows 10

USB-BT211 Mini Bluetooth Dongle - Support

• Support A2DP for Wireless Stereo Music Playback
    Edit: This is a dongle with old BT version I see now, but I'm sure you can find a Asus BT4.0 version.

Edit2:

@aasim1111 I have this one, it doesn't show that it supports A2DP in the specs but I think it'll work, otherwise send a mail to Asus and ask.
    USB-BT400|Adapters|ASUS Global

P4-630, Nov 27, 2021
Thema:

Windows update blocked my Bluetooth

1. Windows update blocked my Bluetooth - Similar Threads - update blocked Bluetooth

2. Updates blocking my printer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Updates blocking my printer: Can't get my printer to connect. when I first bought it connected. called the printer company and said it could be from my computer updating and now blocking it not allowing the printer to download or connect....
  3. Updates blocking my printer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Updates blocking my printer: Can't get my printer to connect. when I first bought it connected. called the printer company and said it could be from my computer updating and now blocking it not allowing the printer to download or connect....
  4. Windows update blocked my Bluetooth

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows update blocked my Bluetooth: I updated my Windows yesterday and now my TP400 Bluetooth dongle is not working with it. It is recognized as a hp 5 micro receiver' and places it in the category of a keyboard. Tried uninstalling the update and that has not restored my Bluetooth either. Normally when I...
  5. Windows update blocked my Bluetooth

Windows update blocked my Bluetooth: I updated my Windows yesterday and now my TP400 Bluetooth dongle is not working with it. It is recognized as a hp 5 micro receiver' and places it in the category of a keyboard. Tried uninstalling the update and that has not restored my Bluetooth either. Normally when I...
  6. Updating Windows broke my Bluetooth

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Updating Windows broke my Bluetooth: After a Windows update to update my Edge browser. I completely lost my Bluetooth, I have spent many hours searching for the answer and I have tried many different steps and none have solved my problem, I would like some help from you....
  7. Updating Windows broke my Bluetooth

Updating Windows broke my Bluetooth: After a Windows update to update my Edge browser. I completely lost my Bluetooth, I have spent many hours searching for the answer and I have tried many different steps and none have solved my problem, I would like some help from you....
  8. Updating Windows broke my Bluetooth

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  9. Windows Blocking Bluetooth Connection

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Blocking Bluetooth Connection: I have been trying to get bluetooth to function properly on my device to just pair controllers. Explanation of the issue : The device will stay paired, but if I don't aim the controller in a specific direction, it will lag and not have any input. I opened device and...
  10. block windows update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    block windows update: The following Intel update SCSI 17.5.3.1026 is causing major boot up problems. I had to do a system point restore to get my computer back to working condition. From the blog,s I've read, it seems to be a problem with RST and BIOS not in sync. I spoke with Dell about this...