Windows 10: Windows update breaking PC sound and performance

Discus and support Windows update breaking PC sound and performance in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello, it's 1 month already since a i am facing this problem. Windows update will install an update and after this the sound will stop working, also,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by JoseRomero Rodriguez, May 19, 2020.

1. Windows update breaking PC sound and performance

Hello, it's 1 month already since a i am facing this problem. Windows update will install an update and after this the sound will stop working, also, this has happen while playing games and this update will kill the performance of the game.

1. is there a way to get the list of available updates without installing them maybe a powershell command?. right now i have updates disabled up to june.

2. what info do you need from my PC.

my workaround now is Settings/Update and security/Recovery --> advanced startup --> recovery point before installing that after this pause updates the maximum available time

hope someone can let me a hand with this.

Thx/Regards.

:)

JoseRomero Rodriguez, May 19, 2020

2. Windows 10 Update repeatedly breaks Sound Blaster Recon3Di

Hi Patrick,

The issue you're experiencing with your audio driver might be due to a compatibility issue. That being said, we'll need more information to properly address your concern. Kindly answer the following:

• Are you getting any error messages?
    • Is the issue happening on all audio devices?
    • What is the current Version and OS Build of your Windows 10 PC? You can find this information by clicking the
      Start button, type About my PC, and then press
      Enter

For now, we suggest following the steps from this support
    article
    on how to resolve sound issues on Windows 10. The link has troubleshooting steps on how to run the troubleshooter for audio issues, updating drivers, and setting default device.

We're looking forward to your response.

Devlin Sco, May 19, 2020
  3. Pavan_N Win User
    PROBLEM WITH SOUND

Hi Emilio,

Please answer these questions to assist you better.

• Have you install pending Windows and driver updates?
    • Do you get any error message?
    • What Is the make and model of your computer?

Follow the Microsoft article below and perform the troubleshooting steps suggested.

Fix sound problems.

Do let us know if you are able to get sound in your PC. Thank you.

Pavan_N, May 19, 2020
  4. Mayra Aqu Win User

Windows update breaking PC sound and performance

Updates slowing computer performance

Hi,

Listed below are possible causes why Windows is running slow:

• Too many application installed.
    • Virus and malware.
    • Corrupted system files.
    • Outdated drivers.

For us to assist you with the concern, we suggest following the steps on this
    article

Update us with the outcome so we can provide further assistance.

Mayra Aqu, May 19, 2020
Thema:

Windows update breaking PC sound and performance

1. Windows update breaking PC sound and performance - Similar Threads - update breaking sound

2. Did the last update break my sound system?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Did the last update break my sound system?: No sound since Windows 11 Insider Preview 10.0.26052.1100 ge_release update yesterday. The sound symbol is X off and the volume slider is set to zero. If moved, it goes back to zero. The audio troubleshooter runs and runs with no results. My monitor is a Samsung TV and uses...
  3. Once again update breaks pc

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Once again update breaks pc: Can we stop forcing untested updates on people yet?Who needs to here this, I'll email them?Every time it breaks, I have a standard unmodified registry I don't understand how this can happen.I will not buy a single MS product until this stops happening!...
  4. Windows update completly breaks my pc

Windows update completly breaks my pc: Hi, a few months ago I think about 5, after restarting my pc for an update, I realised my microsoft edge was freezing and closing after 5 seconds. I tried everything I saw online related to this issue and no help.I also realised it wasn't only Microsoft edge, but also some...
  5. Update breaks PC again!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Update breaks PC again!: So I took a chance at upgrading Windows from 1809 (17763.1339) again! and it broke my sound and Internet. I thought these issues would have been fixed by now? On close inspection the 2 devices that wouldn't start were: Texas Instruments 1394 OHCI Compliant Host Controller....
  6. Update breaks PC again!

Update breaks PC again!: So I took a chance at upgrading Windows from 1809 (17763.1339) again! and it broke my sound and Internet. I thought these issues would have been fixed by now? On close inspection the 2 devices that wouldn't start were: Texas Instruments 1394 OHCI Compliant Host Controller....
  7. Windows auto update keeps breaking pc

Windows auto update keeps breaking pc: Every time i get a forced automatic update my pc tells me it ran into a problem and needs to restart, than it uninstalls the update after 4 or 5 restarts and it works. Please does anyone have a fix. submitted by /u/Lightwingames [link] [comments]...
  8. Updating Windows without Sounds Breaking

Updating Windows without Sounds Breaking: I have been unable to update windows for a month or two now because every time I do, my sounds get all messed up, where some sounds are far too loud and others are far too low. Sometimes certain sounds can be loud while others are too low in the same program/game/etc. Turning...
  9. Updates breaking network connection & sound

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Updates breaking network connection & sound: I'm running Windows 10 Home, version 1803, build 17134523. The last 2 updates, KB4023057 and KB4100347, have both resulted in my having no network connection and no sound on my laptop after these updates have been installed on restart. I am able to repair both by running the...
  10. Windows updates keep breaking my pc

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows updates keep breaking my pc: When I started using Windows 10 everything was fine, but this changed when the updates came. This is definitely the WORST experience I've ever had with Windows, and I even thought Vista wasn't that bad. This is the experience I've had since the installation in 2015: 1....