Windows 10: Windows Update breaks drivers ...again

Discus and support Windows Update breaks drivers ...again in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; So again (with every windows 10 update) microsoft has crippled yet more devices. I have and intel 82567v gigabit network controller that no longer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by AlexTheITGuy, Oct 15, 2018.

1. Windows Update breaks drivers ...again

So again (with every windows 10 update) microsoft has crippled yet more devices. I have and intel 82567v gigabit network controller that no longer works with a code 10 problem, before being asked, no intel doesn't have win 10 driver (windows 7 is the last), no compatibility mode does not work, and I edited the newest proset drivers to add the device ID and still has a code 10. I there any way to go back to before the update(option is gone from rollback) and prevent all further windows updates? Forcing updates is just another mistake in a long line from microsoft.

:)

AlexTheITGuy, Oct 15, 2018
  2. Monk.e83 Win User

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Oct 15, 2018
  3. Windows 7 wont install drivers

i dont think anyone here understands what your asking either when its nearly a 90% english dominated Tech forum.
    Step 1
    reinstall windows from scratch
    Step 2
    install all drivers from the cd that came with the god damn motherboard *common sense*
    Step 3
    update windows
    Step 4
    install misc etc crap like flash java etc etc
    Step 5
    Install GPU drivers
    Step 6
    go back to using your pc without issue.

crazyeyesreaper, Oct 15, 2018
  4. btarunr Win User

Windows Update breaks drivers ...again

NVIDIA Adds Windows 8 to GeForce Driver Update Stack

AMD may have been the first to be out with drivers for its Radeon GPUs that are optimized for Windows 8 (WDDM 1.2), but NVIDIA went a step ahead of "special-releases" for its GeForce drivers, and added Windows 8 to its update stack, meaning that Windows 8 will feature in the list of operating systems to pick from, to download drivers. NVIDIA will constantly update these drivers along with mainline releases for Windows 7/Vista and XP. The latest such driver is 296.17. This driver supports GeForce and Quadro GPUs, and according to NVIDIA, is a quick-update over 295.73 WHQL, with the addition of performance optimization for Blacklight: Retribution.

Windows Update breaks drivers ...again 152a_thm.jpg

Source: VR-Zone

btarunr, Oct 15, 2018
Thema:

Windows Update breaks drivers ...again

1. Windows Update breaks drivers ...again - Similar Threads - Update breaks drivers

2. Once again update breaks pc

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Once again update breaks pc: Can we stop forcing untested updates on people yet?Who needs to here this, I'll email them?Every time it breaks, I have a standard unmodified registry I don't understand how this can happen.I will not buy a single MS product until this stops happening!...
  3. Once again update breaks pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Once again update breaks pc: Can we stop forcing untested updates on people yet?Who needs to here this, I'll email them?Every time it breaks, I have a standard unmodified registry I don't understand how this can happen.I will not buy a single MS product until this stops happening!...
  4. Once again update breaks pc

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Is CHKDSK breaking things again?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Is CHKDSK breaking things again?: I seem to have a bit of a mystery on my hands. Last week I ran CHKDSK /r to check the drive after a couple of power outages. Other than cleaning up security descriptors, everything checked out. However, the Meet Now icon had disappeared from the notification area. The option...
  6. Windows pushing an update that breaks Nvidia drivers!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows pushing an update that breaks Nvidia drivers!: I've been pulling my hair out recently over what I thought was the GPU dying in my laptop but in the past day I have found out its driver related. Basically the issue is that my GPU would stop working and "disappear" from my laptop when it would go over ~30% usage Including...
  7. Windows update breaks my Microphone Drivers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows update breaks my Microphone Drivers: So this is the thrid iteration of the issue. The series of events is, I get a Windows update - I Update - My BlueYeti Microphone stop working - time passes it returns to normal. So from digging about what appears to be happening is the Microphone uses a UAC3576B Driver in...
  8. Update breaks PC again!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Update breaks PC again!: So I took a chance at upgrading Windows from 1809 (17763.1339) again! and it broke my sound and Internet. I thought these issues would have been fixed by now? On close inspection the 2 devices that wouldn't start were: Texas Instruments 1394 OHCI Compliant Host Controller....
  9. Update breaks PC again!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Update breaks PC again!: So I took a chance at upgrading Windows from 1809 (17763.1339) again! and it broke my sound and Internet. I thought these issues would have been fixed by now? On close inspection the 2 devices that wouldn't start were: Texas Instruments 1394 OHCI Compliant Host Controller....
  10. Windows Update breaks LAN connections - again

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Update breaks LAN connections - again: I have three PCs that share partitions on my LAN. The most recent Windows 10 update has yet again broken this. PC#1 (Windows 10) can see into partitions on PC#3 (Linux Mint) but can't open PC#2 (Windows 10). PC#2 can see PC#1 and PC#3. The only configuration changes...