Windows 10: Windows Update breaks features and causes other problems

Discus and support Windows Update breaks features and causes other problems in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello, My computer, which I got in July of 2018, came with Windows 10 version 1709 out of the box. I tried updating it to the latest version the same... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by LACTC561, Sep 7, 2019.

1. LACTC561 Win User

Windows Update breaks features and causes other problems

Hello,

My computer, which I got in July of 2018, came with Windows 10 version 1709 out of the box. I tried updating it to the latest version the same day I got it (which was then 1803). When I updated it, a number of problems (which I will describe below) have arisen so I immediately rolled back to the previous version and all was fine after then. Recently, Windows has been forcing me to update to 1803 and I have kept trying to push it back until I decided to finally update and rollback to stop it from bugging me. I thought that would let me keep 1709 for a while longer until it prompted me to restart so it can update back to 1803 again. Here are some of the problems that updating to 1803 (and 1809) have brought me:

- Screen tearing on basic tasks such as scrolling

- Slowed startup speeds

- Lagginess on basic tasks

- Not recognizing the second GPU (NVIDIA MX150)

- Freezing up some of my games rendering them literally unplayable

Hopefully someone here can guide me to either 1. permanently disabling Windows update forever so it will never bother me again or 2. Finding a fix to these problems that have come as a result to updating. I have already updated and rolled back about 5 times now and I really want this to stop.

Thanks,

Matthew

:)

LACTC561, Sep 7, 2019

2. firefox and IE will cause problems?

could there be any reasonable explanation why firefox and ie would cause problems?

oh, and when the machine crashes it is the blue screen of death and when windows recovers it suggests bios update. this is a machine that hasnt been upgraded driver wise or bios wise, yet they insist it is firefox. give me a break.

Easy Rhino, Sep 7, 2019
  3. Windows 10 Pro and Ergnomic Break Reminder

Hi,

Apologies for the late reply.

Do you remember installing any break reminder software?

It looks like it is a pop up from a break reminder software.

I suggest you to look for this in Programs in features and uninstall it if do not use it.

Try the following steps:

• Press Windows + R keys to open Run Command

• Type Appwiz.cpl and hit enter

• Search for the programs and un-install it.

Regards,

Waseemulla S, Sep 7, 2019
  4. Brink Win User

Windows 10 1903 feature update breaks the client connector

Source: https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/...or/ba-p/726834

Brink, Sep 7, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows Update breaks features and causes other problems - Similar Threads - Update breaks features

2. Feature updates keep breaking my Windows 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Feature updates keep breaking my Windows 10: Every automatic update since last summer has been causing problems for my pc. The first one that failed was Windows 10, version 2004. Now it seems to be Windows 10, version 20H2. I did this pc build in 2018. Here are the parts: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/NGK8Mb Mostly it...
  3. Windows 11 caused crash and other problems

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 caused crash and other problems: I upgraded to Windows 11 and had nothing but trouble. Everything was freezing all the time and I was restarting all the time. I decided to go back to Windows 10 and that crashed and I had to reset everything. Luckily, I had backed up my files. I still lost what was on my...
  4. microsoft updates break communication with the other computer.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    microsoft updates break communication with the other computer.: Can not open Quick Books. Is it turning off my sharing every time? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-updates-break-communication-with-the/1735973c-4e40-4282-a61f-3231ea6f5c32
  5. Feature Updates Breaking Login

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Feature Updates Breaking Login: The last two feature updates (2004 and 20H4) have both rendered my system unable to login. It's a bit hard to describe exactly, but basically it accepts all of my proper passwords or biometrics upon input, starts to login, and then immediately kicks back to the login screen....
  6. Feature Updates Breaking Login

in Windows 10 Support
    Feature Updates Breaking Login: The last two feature updates (2004 and 20H4) have both rendered my system unable to login. It's a bit hard to describe exactly, but basically it accepts all of my proper passwords or biometrics upon input, starts to login, and then immediately kicks back to the login screen....
  7. Bluetooth feature is breaking

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth feature is breaking: Recently i updated the windows 10 to latest version 2004 now Bluetooth is not working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bluetooth-feature-is-breaking/1505f4ee-a6c1-42e8-9fa2-5e43f21d5fc0
  8. Family features causing problems

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Family features causing problems: (This could also be tagged as “bug” but I’m asking for help instead of reporting it, so I chose “help”) My family has been having trouble with the family features regarding time limits on apps. My sister and I can no longer boot up google chrome without being told that we...
  9. Microsoft’s update breaks Windows Defender’s scanning feature

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft’s update breaks Windows Defender’s scanning feature: Some Windows 10 users have been troubled after applying the September 2019 cumulative update due to critical bugs like broken Start menu and Network adapter failures. Following a catalogue of disasters, another bug appears to be hitting Windows 10. According to various...
  10. App updates causing problems for other user accounts

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    App updates causing problems for other user accounts: Is anyone else having issues when Microsoft decides to update one its native apps? This has happened a few times now where I login to my acc and check in store for updates. Just now voice recorder, calculator and alarms all updated. I opened each one to test them out and all...