Windows 10: Windows update breaks graphics cards

Discus and support Windows update breaks graphics cards in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi allSo in the past couple of days I allowed windows to update on two different PC’s and now I have no display at all, it looks like it’s killed the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Pipp1234, May 12, 2021.

1. Pipp1234 Win User

Windows update breaks graphics cards

Hi allSo in the past couple of days I allowed windows to update on two different PC’s and now I have no display at all, it looks like it’s killed the graphics cards on both machines, I don’t even get the bios screens I know one machine is up and running as it’s also my media server so after typing the password in blind I can access the server but I have no way of checking the other box.Any ideas will be gratefully received Thanks Phil

:)

Pipp1234, May 12, 2021

2. Graphics card information.

Hi David,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

The error might occur if the Graphic card is cannot update the driver automatically.

I suggest you to update the graphic card manually by following the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X and click on
      Device manager.
    • Expand Display Driver from the list.
    • Right click on the Graphic driver and select
      update driver software.

Also, can download the latest version of the graphic card from the manufacturer website.

Hope the information is helpful. Please revert back with the necessary information and we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, May 12, 2021
  3. AndreePin Win User
    graphics card problems

Hi,

Your computer makes a noise or beeps from your internal speaker because it failed to detect the graphics card. What we can suggest is for you to try cleaning your graphics card with a pencil eraser. Here are the steps below:

• Turn your computer off.
    • Pull out your video/graphics card.
    • Rubbed the cold contacts with soft pencil eraser.
    • Connect your video/graphics card back to the computer.
    Kindly note that this is just a temporary fix. If the case still continues, I suggest that you contact your graphics card's manufacturer.

Let us know how it goes.

AndreePin, May 12, 2021
  4. Windows update breaks graphics cards

Unsupported Graphics card .

Hello Ayush,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I request you to try the following steps:

Uninstall and Reinstall the Graphics Card Drivers.

Step 1: Uninstall the Graphics Card
    Drivers

• Press “Windows Logo” + “X” keys on the keyboard.

• Click on “Device Manager” from that list.

• Search for the Graphics Card
      from the device list, right click on it and then select “Uninstall”. On the un-installation window, if you have an option: “Delete the driver software for this device” you may select that and then remove the corrupted drivers
      from the computer.

• Follow the on-screen instructions to complete it and then restart the computer if prompted.
    After the restart, please go ahead with the next steps to install the latest drivers and check if that resolves the issue.

Update Driver Software from the Manufacturer’s website:

Step 2: Go to the Computer or Graphics Card
    manufacturer’s website and search for the latest Windows 10 drivers available for the
    Graphics Card model and then install it by following the instructions given in the website.

I hope this helps you. If you have any further query in future, feel free to contact us. We will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Amit(Kumar), May 12, 2021
Thema:

Windows update breaks graphics cards

1. Windows update breaks graphics cards - Similar Threads - update breaks graphics

2. why **** windows update graphic card?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why **** windows update graphic card?: each time Windows updates graphics deriver I should reinstall my driver to work properly againI disabled Windows driver update from group policy still updated again and brock my computer againI am using Asus RX560 and Microsoft windows update broke the driver making my...
  3. why **** windows update graphic card?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    why **** windows update graphic card?: each time Windows updates graphics deriver I should reinstall my driver to work properly againI disabled Windows driver update from group policy still updated again and brock my computer againI am using Asus RX560 and Microsoft windows update broke the driver making my...
  4. why **** windows update graphic card?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Graphic card drivers break computer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Graphic card drivers break computer: When i download my graphics drivers for my gtx 770, or my radeon rx 550 things stop working, settings wont open at all, i can run things as admin, anything i download freezes halfway through download or just doesnt start at all. please help...
  6. Graphics Card with Latest Windows Update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Graphics Card with Latest Windows Update: I am running a Gigabyte Geforce RTX 2070 Super on 32gb RAM and a Ryzen 3700x all bought July 2020. Last Fall my graphics card started having issues. I would be playing a game, the fans would kick to high speed and my PC would restart. Would get a Kernal error, but everything...
  7. windows crashes on graphics card update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows crashes on graphics card update: I am having Dell Inspiron 5521 laptop, somehow my graphics card stopped working every time I install or update graphics driver AMD the windows crashes and BSOD comes up. Even when i update the windows it stops in between and rolls back stating i don't meet hardware...
  8. Update Graphics Card driver

in Windows 10 Support
    Update Graphics Card driver: Hello,My Graphics card is Nvidia GT710.Occasionally I update its driver.Several times ago I updated the driver by running the .exe file and selecting only the graphics driver, nothing else.It left a large folder "Installer2" (about 530 MB) in the program files folder,...
  9. Graphic card update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Graphic card update: I am a photographer and use Lightroom Classic.I am having a lot of trouble in the development module post processing my images.I contacted Adobe and was told that my graphic card needed updating whatever that means.Could someone ,anyone please help me....
  10. windows graphics video card update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows graphics video card update: I had a guy from Microsoft website take over my computer with my permission of course but he told me that I would have windows graphic video card installed but when I went to go install second life viewer onto my new pc it had that my video graphics card was not installed...