Windows 10: Windows update bricked my bios ?? Thought to be impossible ?

Discus and support Windows update bricked my bios ?? Thought to be impossible ? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Windows forced update after 35 day disable activated (This week) MSI - Z87-G43 * Intel i5 4670K Gigabyte 1050Ti * SGT baracudda Windows Pre Bricked... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by MatthewR212, Oct 15, 2018.

1. Windows update bricked my bios ?? Thought to be impossible ?

Windows forced update after 35 day disable activated (This week)

MSI - Z87-G43 * Intel i5 4670K

Gigabyte 1050Ti * SGT baracudda

Windows Pre Bricked - Ver 1709

I had my pc running in the background updating my steam library , While that was going on i was cleaning my room after a while

I noticed my pc had either restarted or gone to a low rpm on the fans (desktop) so i looked at my pc , When i looked at my pc it had a blue windows update screen taking up the center, 60% of the screen in blue 40% background black on the update screen it was requesting the password to administrator account (i was already suspicious at this point about the update)

I decided to ignore the update until i was finished cleaning then i notice the pc screen go to no signal ( not to sleep as i had only moved the mouse a moment before to clean the desk/mouse mat ) a minute later the pc shuts down and stays shut down , I then power the pc wondering if the update had forced itself to install or just quit entirely and restarted the pc . At this point the pc powers on gpu powers on and all case fans , screen outputs nothing (hdmi 1050ti) i wonder if its just my screen as ive had problems with a loose hdmi port

( not my luck in this case ) as i am troubleshooting my display the systems reboots giving no post errors or codes ( have pci post checker shipping At the moment ) the pc will stay powered on there is power supplied to the usb devices for 2-5 seconds only on system power up then then no power during idle ( i have voltage tested the usb ports all are at 4.95v bang on spec for my motherboard) then 0v thereafter

i have never seen this happen to any windows machine before though i have seen it plenty with apple on physically faulty HW

I am completely clueless as to if this is just a 1 in a million chance or if this has happened previously or if it is just a bad month for windows update and Intel

I Would love to get some feedback or clues to what could possibly have just happened to me be it a bugged update possible cyber attack what have you , I am lost to what just took place and being CompTIA certified it hurts not understanding what could lead to this

attached is a badly edited image of what i had appear on screen

original image was a password reset screen

Windows update bricked my bios ?? Thought to be impossible ? b0c7c0e7-efed-47d6-9361-88d2e7b41067?upload=true.jpg

:)

MatthewR212, Oct 15, 2018
  2. R-T-B Win User

BIOS update bricks laptop

I know this is going to blow your mind, but I've had bios bricks and I do laptop refurbs for a living. It happens... Particularly when the flash program is windows only and drivers are amuck.

R-T-B, Oct 15, 2018
  3. BAGZZlash Win User
    MSI 5870 BIOS Update

Still can't reproduce. Could you please post the exact BIOSes that produce the issue?

BAGZZlash, Oct 15, 2018
  4. Windows update bricked my bios ?? Thought to be impossible ?

bios

Hi all i am new in this forum, i need meanings step by step of each item listed in the bios Phoenix-Award

central473, Oct 15, 2018
Thema:

Windows update bricked my bios ?? Thought to be impossible ?

1. Windows update bricked my bios ?? Thought to be impossible ? - Similar Threads - update bricked bios

2. Windows update bricked my laptop.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows update bricked my laptop.: I was working on my laptop - Acer Aspire 7 A715-42G which was running on Windows 11. I got a pop up that asked me if I wanted to update now or update later. I clicked on later. Took a break of 15 mins and closed the lid of my laptop. When I came back, and checked it, there...
  3. BIOS update bricked my father's HP All In One Desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BIOS update bricked my father's HP All In One Desktop: My father has an HP Pavilion 23 b244 All in One Desktop, how I updated the BIOS many times, restarted computer after erased flash without finishing. Now when I tried to contact a technician then he said no motherboard is there. Second off, I tried to buy HP Pavilion...
  4. BIOS update bricked my father's HP All In One Desktop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BIOS update bricked my father's HP All In One Desktop: My father has an HP Pavilion 23 b244 All in One Desktop, how I updated the BIOS many times, restarted computer after erased flash without finishing. Now when I tried to contact a technician then he said no motherboard is there. Second off, I tried to buy HP Pavilion...
  5. BIOS update bricked my father's HP All In One Desktop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. PC bricks after Bios Update

in Windows 10 Support
    PC bricks after Bios Update: I have an MSI X570 Gaming Edge Wifi board with a Ryzen 9 3900x Overclocked to 4.47ghz. Main display is on a Gigabyte 2080Ti and the other 2 are on a Radeon RX580. Windows 10 on an nvme m.2 Using MSI Dragon Center to download and install updates will reach 100% and reboot but...
  7. Is it impossible to undervolt with new BIOS update?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is it impossible to undervolt with new BIOS update?: I have a brand new XPS 7590 which is a great laptop with known thermal problems. Throttlestop FIVR is locked, even when I downgrade from BIOS 1.7 to 1.5 Because the laptop is new, when I restore to BIOS factory settings, it goes back to 1.7. Am I SOL? submitted by...
  8. I may have bricked my bios

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I may have bricked my bios: So I was changing some settings in the bios on my HP 6300 Pro Sff and after I saved and exited the screen just went black and beeped once but didn't go any farther so after a couple times I got to the bios pending box at the logo screen saying changes have been made that are...
  9. Window's update bricked my PC

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Window's update bricked my PC: My PC updated last night. Turned it on today and it fails to boot windows and i get the beep code for a keyboard error. I removed the keyboard and checked for bent pins but the problem persisted. Can't help but think it was the update. 142025
  10. Windows update bricked my computer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows update bricked my computer: After installing the latest update, my computer is giving me 4 options, continue, use a device, troubleshoot, and turn off your pc. I have tried everything, and nothing works. I have tried reseting my pc, got an error, I tried resetting my pc and wiping my files, got an...