Windows 10: Windows update bricked my PC, How update to recent version of Windows?

Discus and support Windows update bricked my PC, How update to recent version of Windows? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Windows 10 Pro / Lenovo Thinkstation P910 Last weeks Windows 10 Pro update bricked my Workstation and none of the Microsoft work-around's were... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Imageman, Apr 19, 2019.

1. Imageman Win User

Windows update bricked my PC, How update to recent version of Windows?

Windows 10 Pro / Lenovo Thinkstation P910

Last weeks Windows 10 Pro update bricked my Workstation and none of the Microsoft work-around's were helpful, and were more like 'counterproductive'.

Using the Lenovo flash drive copy of Windows 10 delivered with the computer several years ago I was able to reinstall the OS and get running again at windows build 1511.

Photoshop and other Adobe apps will not run on this old build, and require a minimum of (Windows 10 Anniversary Update ("Version 1607, or later").

Would it be wise to update to the latest build ? And if so how is that done, I don't see a way? - Your help & advice are very much appreciated, R

:)

Imageman, Apr 19, 2019
  2. HAT
    hat Win User

Windows Update suddenly hangs?

Windows Update is suddenly hanging for some reason... I went and downloaded and installed the first bunch of updates, restarted when asked, and now when I go back to windows update I just get the window with a white box forever. Reboot and it still does it. This happens to be on my main machine, running windows 7.

I've also noticed when I reboot it says configuring windows update, step 3 of 3, 47%. Maybe it somehow skipped something and is screwed forever?

3. AsRock Win User
    Windows Updates failed to instal

I'm not sure how differant XP media center Edition is but you could clear the history \ cache if these folders are there.

Step 1 Register DLL files.

=================

By trying this step, we can check if the update engines are working properly.

1. Close all instances of Internet Explorer.

2. Click Start and Run, type "Regsvr32 atl.dll" (without quotes) in the Open box and click OK.

Note: There is a space between regsvr32 and atl.dll

3. Similarly, one by one, register the files listed below:

Regsvr32 msxml3.dll

Regsvr32 wuapi.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng1.dll

Regsvr32 wups2.dll

Regsvr32 wucltui.dll

Regsvr32 wups.dll

Regsvr32 wuweb.dll

Regsvr32 qmgr.dll

Regsvr32 qmgrprxy.dll

Regsvr32 jscript.dll

Note: If you encounter errors while registering any of these files then skip that file and continue with the next one.

If the issue persists, let's move on to the steps below to verify Windows Update services and temporary folders.

Step 2 Verify the relevant Windows Update services.

=========================================

1. Click Start->Run, type "services.msc" (without quotation marks) in the open box and click OK.

2. Double click the service "Automatic Updates".

3. Click on the Log On tab, please ensure the option "Local System account" is selected and the option "Allow service to interact with desktop" is unchecked.

4. Check if this service has been enabled on the listed Hardware Profile. If not, please click the Enable button to enable it.

5. Click on the tab "General "; make sure the "Startup Type" is "Automatic" or "Manual". Then please click the button "Stop" under "Service Status" to stop the service.

6. Then please click the button "Start" under "Service Status" to start the service.

7. Please repeat the above steps with the other services:

Background Intelligent Transfer Service

Event Log

Remote Procedure Call (RPC)

Note: Event log service is enabled on all of the hardware profiles; this service does not have an option to enable or disable on certain hardware profile.

If it still does not help, let's proceed to step 3.

Step 3 Reload the Update temporary folders.

===================================

One possible cause is that the temporary folder for Windows Update is containing corrupted files. Let's erase all the files there to get the system clean.

1. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net stop WuAuServ

2. Click Start, Run, type: %windir% and press Enter.

3. In the opened folder, rename the folder SoftwareDistribution to Sdold.

4. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net start WuAuServ

Please test the Windows Update website and let me know the result. If the issue persists, to clarify the issue and provide more accurate troubleshooting steps, please assist me in collecting the following information.

AsRock, Apr 19, 2019
  4. Windows update bricked my PC, How update to recent version of Windows?

Windows updates...

Oh. Your "Registry" must have gotten screwed up FLY3R. If for some reason you couldn't download your updates I suppose you could go to the update site, and run throught the steps 'till it fails activation. Then you could go up to "Tools > Manage Add ons > then disable "Windows Genuine Advatage Validation Tool." Of course you should only use this method if you are having problems updating your legitamate copy of Windows XP. Perhaps do to a corrupted piece of software? *Smile Windows update bricked my PC, How update to recent version of Windows? :)

Thermopylae_480, Apr 19, 2019
Thema:

Windows update bricked my PC, How update to recent version of Windows?

1. Windows update bricked my PC, How update to recent version of Windows? - Similar Threads - update bricked update

2. New Windows update bricked my pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New Windows update bricked my pc: I don't know what version it was exactly, but whatever mandatory update that Windows forced my pc to do broke my pc. My pc was working perfectly fine, then one day I left my PC on while I was laying in bed and when I got back on my PC it was still on, but I couldn't get it to...
  3. New Windows update bricked my pc

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    New Windows update bricked my pc: I don't know what version it was exactly, but whatever mandatory update that Windows forced my pc to do broke my pc. My pc was working perfectly fine, then one day I left my PC on while I was laying in bed and when I got back on my PC it was still on, but I couldn't get it to...
  4. New Windows update bricked my pc

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Trying to install the most recent update "soft-bricked" my pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Trying to install the most recent update "soft-bricked" my pc: When trying to install the new windows 11 update earlier today Nov. 14, 2023, my PC went to a blue screen with the menu options:"Continue to Windows 10""Troubleshoot"Turn PC off"Choosing the windows 10 option just brings me back to the menu.None of the options in...
  6. Update bricking pc?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Update bricking pc?: Hello, I need help solving a problem a windows update has created on my pc. I faced a similar issue with the update yesterday and managed to get into windows recovery not entirely sure how. The update seemed to have force removed my amd graphics drivers so I reinstalled them...
  7. Update bricking pc?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Update bricking pc?: Hello, I need help solving a problem a windows update has created on my pc. I faced a similar issue with the update yesterday and managed to get into windows recovery not entirely sure how. The update seemed to have force removed my amd graphics drivers so I reinstalled them...
  8. Window's update bricked my PC

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Window's update bricked my PC: My PC updated last night. Turned it on today and it fails to boot windows and i get the beep code for a keyboard error. I removed the keyboard and checked for bent pins but the problem persisted. Can't help but think it was the update. 142025
  9. Windows 10 update bricked my pc

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 update bricked my pc: Windows 10 updated between November 12 and november 13 made my computer inoperable. Calling microsoft they tried safe mode and rolled back to previous day. Now it will not boot into safe mode and my only option is to reinstall Windows 10. What happened to the rollback, is...
  10. Windows 10 update bricked my pc

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 update bricked my pc: Since the last windows patch, every time i download it and update it and restart my pc it bricks my pc and the update doesnt go through. i already reset my pc twice and wiped everything and did a complete reboot; everything worked fine in the beginning until i dowloaded the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 1903 update bricked my desktop