Windows 10: Windows Update broke again - what should I do?

Discus and support Windows Update broke again - what should I do? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/NatoBoram [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/e786s5/windows_update_broke_again_what_should_i_do/ Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/NatoBoram, Dec 6, 2019.

1. Windows Update broke again - what should I do?

/u/NatoBoram, Dec 6, 2019

2. Windows 10 broke my steam

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

Method 1: Try updating the Video card drivers and check if it helps.

Follow the steps to update the Video card driver:

• Press Windows Key + X key and click Device Manager.
    • Expand ‘Display Adapters’.
    • Right-click on the Video card listed and click on ‘Update Driver Software’.

Method 2: Try installing the game in Compatibility mode and check.

Follow the steps to install in Compatibility mode:

• Right click the Game setup file and select Properties then tap or click the Compatibility tab.
    • Place a check in the Run this program in compatibility mode for: box.
    • Tap or click the drop down box and select a previous operating system, then tap or click OK.
    • Try installing the Game and check.

If still the issue persist then I suggest you to follow the suggestion provided by crazzilla replied on August 3, 2015 from the below link and check if it helps.

Windows 10 & Steam Gaming - most games broke

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Dec 6, 2019
  3. DRDNA Win User
    Microsoft withdraws bad Windows 7 update that broke future Windows 7 updates

"Unfortunately, this apparently simple change has had severe consequences for some users of Windows 7 Service Pack 1 and Windows Server 2008 R2 Service Pack 1, with users reporting that Windows Update, drivers from both Nvidia and AMD, and some third-party software including Virtual Box are all unable to install correctly. The error code 0x8004FF91 seems to be a common finding."

http://arstechnica.com/information-...7-update-that-broke-future-windows-7-updates/

DRDNA, Dec 6, 2019
  4. 3Colors Win User

Windows Update broke again - what should I do?

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Windows Update broke again - what should I do? :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Dec 6, 2019
Thema:

Windows Update broke again - what should I do?

1. Windows Update broke again - what should I do? - Similar Threads - Update broke again

2. Last update KB5029331 broke my Windows 10, what should I do?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Last update KB5029331 broke my Windows 10, what should I do?: I am very sorry that I decided to install this optional update KB5029331, because it crushed Windows Update Center it doesn't download any updates, showing 0x800703e6 error, became a stopper for random drivers update installation can't install Nvidia driver 537.42, Wacom...
  3. Last update KB5029331 broke my Windows 10, what should I do?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Last update KB5029331 broke my Windows 10, what should I do?: I am very sorry that I decided to install this optional update KB5029331, because it crushed Windows Update Center it doesn't download any updates, showing 0x800703e6 error, became a stopper for random drivers update installation can't install Nvidia driver 537.42, Wacom...
  4. Last update KB5029331 broke my Windows 10, what should I do?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. what should i do with failed windows update?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    what should i do with failed windows update?: Can't update windows. It says 2021-05 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1909 for x64-based Systems KB5003169 - Error 0x800f0805 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-should-i-do-with-failed-windows-update/29ab8185-3644-4213-baf8-cde7818e3742
  6. what should i do with failed windows update?

what should i do with failed windows update?: Can't update windows. It says 2021-05 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1909 for x64-based Systems KB5003169 - Error 0x800f0805 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-should-i-do-with-failed-windows-update/29ab8185-3644-4213-baf8-cde7818e3742
  7. what should i do with failed windows update?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. What should I do with this optional update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What should I do with this optional update: I have an optional update Western Digital Technologies - WDC-SAM 4.55.25.661 My Passport and I'm not really sure if I download & install it, if it will do something to the SSD on this MSI gf76 Katina laptop or will it automatically pick up the external HD and update the...
  9. What should I do with this optional update

What should I do with this optional update: I have an optional update Western Digital Technologies - WDC-SAM 4.55.25.661 My Passport and I'm not really sure if I download & install it, if it will do something to the SSD on this MSI gf76 Katina laptop or will it automatically pick up the external HD and update the...
  10. the last windows update broke my phone usb cable recognition. what should i do?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    the last windows update broke my phone usb cable recognition. what should i do?: i tried everything - tried uninstalling drivers, installing drivers, installing mi suite ( redmi note 7 ) - i also installed bunch of things i forgot the name of such as the microsoft media suite or something - what am i to do now? submitted by /u/chineseshillbot1993...