Windows 10: windows update broke my camera

Discus and support windows update broke my camera in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I can't use my usb camera anymore after mobo, cpu and windows update, I even reinstalled windows keeping apps and files, I edit registry and tried... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Leva_Erre, Jul 18, 2020.

1. windows update broke my camera

I can't use my usb camera anymore after mobo, cpu and windows update, I even reinstalled windows keeping apps and files, I edit registry and tried everything Please help me I really need to use my camera

Btw I can see the camera in device manager but can't use it

submitted by /u/Leva_Erre
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Leva_Erre, Jul 18, 2020

2. Windows 10 broke my steam

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

Method 1: Try updating the Video card drivers and check if it helps.

Follow the steps to update the Video card driver:

• Press Windows Key + X key and click Device Manager.
    • Expand ‘Display Adapters’.
    • Right-click on the Video card listed and click on ‘Update Driver Software’.

Method 2: Try installing the game in Compatibility mode and check.

Follow the steps to install in Compatibility mode:

• Right click the Game setup file and select Properties then tap or click the Compatibility tab.
    • Place a check in the Run this program in compatibility mode for: box.
    • Tap or click the drop down box and select a previous operating system, then tap or click OK.
    • Try installing the Game and check.

If still the issue persist then I suggest you to follow the suggestion provided by crazzilla replied on August 3, 2015 from the below link and check if it helps.

Windows 10 & Steam Gaming - most games broke

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Jul 18, 2020
  3. Windows 10 update issue - camera

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I would require more information to help you better.

What is the make and model of the camera?

I would suggest you to make sure the camera is installed properly and listed under Device Manager.

Follow these steps:

• Press “Windows key + X” from keyboard.
    • Select “Device Manager” option from the list.
    • Check if the Camera is listed in the devices list.
    If it is not listed then the Camera driver is not installed. I would suggest you to run “Hardware and Devices” troubleshooter to diagnose and fix the issue.

If the camera is listed in the device manager, then perform the following troubleshooting methods:

Method 1:

You may try running the Hardware and Device troubleshooter and check if it helps.

a. Press Windows Key +R, type Control Panel.

b. Type troubleshooting in the search bar, click on troubleshooting.

c. Click on Hardware and Sound, click on Hardware and Devices.

d. Follow the steps from the wizard to run the troubleshooter.

Method 2:

If that doesn’t work, then I would suggest you to perform troubleshooting steps from the link “What
    to do if you have problems with an app
    ” to diagnose and fix if the issue is with Camera app.

Method 3:

If this doesn’t fix the issue, I would suggest you to uninstall the camera from Device Manager then reinstall it and then check if this fixes the issue.

Follow these steps:

• Press “Windows key + X” from the keyboard.
    • Select “Device Manager” option.
    • Search for Camera, then right click and select “Uninstall”.
    • Then restart the computer.
    • Download the latest driver from the Manufacturer’s website and install it.
    Please do let us know if you need any further assistance related to Windows, we will be glad to assist you.

Mohammed Yaseer, Jul 18, 2020
  4. windows update broke my camera

my camera disappeared with Windows 10 update

Hello,

I appreciate for trying the troubleshooting steps for resolving the issue, as a next step I would suggest you to follow the below method and check if it helps.

An outdated or incompatible driver can cause this problem. As an initial step, I suggest you to visit the manufacturer website and install the latest driver for Windows 10.

If the driver for Windows 10 is unavailable, you may install the latest driver in compatibility mode.

Compatibility mode runs the program using settings from a previous version of Windows.

Follow the below steps:

• Right-click
      on the setup file of the driver and select Properties.
    • Select Compatibility tab.
    • Place a check mark next to
      Run this program in Compatibility mode
      and select previous version of Windows from the drop down list.
    • Let the driver install and then check the functionality.

Also, see: How to fix Windows 10 issues with cameras when the Windows Camera app fails to launch

http://blogs.technet.com/b/windowsc...n-the-windows-camera-app-fails-to-launch.aspx

Hope it helps.

Let us know the status, we are glad to assist you further.

Anju Thekkethil, Jul 18, 2020
Thema:

windows update broke my camera

1. windows update broke my camera - Similar Threads - update broke camera

2. Windows update broke my computer!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows update broke my computer!: Hi, I just updated Windows 10 and now I can't click on apps, the start menu or anything else. No error message. My desktop keep flashing off about every 5 seconds and stops my typing on here. How can I fix this or get rid of this update? Please help...
  3. Windows Update Broke My Speakers

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Update Broke My Speakers: Before update to 20H2 speakers were working perfectly fine. Afterupdate, not so much. Roll back update, speakers work. Update again, not working. Bluetooth earbuds, no problems. ThingsI have checked/tried. Mixer-Setwhere I want it. Volume is on. Settings-Speakersare the...
  4. Windows update broke my pc

Windows update broke my pc: Hello, i had a big windows 10 update which i stalled for a long time until it started downloading it itself while my pc was off. When i started it i didn't realise i had an update cos my screen was just blacklag so i turned it off and it tripped. It started fixing something...
  5. Windows Update broke my printers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows Update broke my printers: On October 12, I shut down my computer. Microsoft updates installed. After the updates were done, none of my printers work. This affects physical printers as well as PDF printers. I have re-installed drivers. But whenever I try to print, I get a message that says "Your file...
  6. Windows update broke camera and bluetooth - how to fix?

Windows update broke camera and bluetooth - how to fix?: After the last Windows update, my PC cannot detect either the built-in webcam or any bluetooth functions. I have already reset the PC twice and would prefer not to have to do it again just to get basic functions working. The issue: camera cannot be detected, bluetooth...
  7. Windows Update Broke My Sound

Windows Update Broke My Sound: Windows did an update about a month ago. Ever since then, every time I boot up a game, the sound on my LCD TV that I have always used as a monitor, stops working. I can switch to my headphones in "select playback device" and the sound still works there. But in order to get...
  8. Windows update broke my DirectX9

Windows update broke my DirectX9: I updated to the latest update at the start of September and its overwritten my dxd9.dll with its updated version. As it was so long ago, I can't uninstall the update and go back to the old file. I've tried reinstalling DirectX to no success. I'm unable to play the games I...
  9. Windows 10 update broke Lenovo Camera

Windows 10 update broke Lenovo Camera: I've seen the other threads and nothing seems to fix the issue. Is this definitely an issue with Lenovo ideapad or did someone find a fix. The camera launches and immediately clothes now. [ATTACH]...
  10. 1803 Update Broke Camera and Photo App

1803 Update Broke Camera and Photo App: Hi there, After the most recent patch for Windows (3/19/2019), the Microsoft Camera and Photo app is not working. I verified this on 6 different machines all running 1803. One machine that hasn't been updated yet, is unaffected and the app works just fine. For added...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows uodate broke camera