Windows 10: Windows update broke my desktop icons

Discus and support Windows update broke my desktop icons in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Never had this issue in a very long time, as soon as i updated windows 10 to 1404, my icons now rearrange themselves after refreshing the desktop or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Eminent Demon, Jun 13, 2020.

1. Windows update broke my desktop icons

Never had this issue in a very long time, as soon as i updated windows 10 to 1404, my icons now rearrange themselves after refreshing the desktop or rebooting the computer. I've tried deleting the icon cache, unchecking align to grid, unchecking allow desktop to rearrange icons in the themes section. None of these worked, what can i do now? seems each windows update something goes wrong...

:)

Eminent Demon, Jun 13, 2020

2. Remove Linux Desktop Icons

I am not sure whether this will work (Ubuntu does not have icons like that on the desktop by default), but I suggest opening the trash bin and sweeping the icons into the window showing the trash bin.

Peter1986C, Jun 13, 2020
  3. Windows vista x64 computer icon always changing

what icons are you referring to?
    In the Windows Explorer list or desktop?

twicksisted, Jun 13, 2020
  4. b.reichel Win User

Windows update broke my desktop icons

Desktop icon list view not work?

Lol. Of course MS responds with suggestions that you broke something. MS broke this with the Creators Update. They pretty much broke desktop icons altogether (probably doing some dumb crap for touch interface). I am really angry about this seeing as how
    the ability to view your desktop as a list with details was just about the only great UI advancement in Windows 10. There used to be a Windows 7 addon that would get your icons as a list and of course this no longer works either. Awful because I am one of
    those weirdos that uses my desktop as a working desktop and this has hit my productivity as I now have to change my workflow. Thanks MS. You're the best.

b.reichel, Jun 13, 2020
Thema:

Windows update broke my desktop icons

1. Windows update broke my desktop icons - Similar Threads - update broke desktop

2. Windows Update Broke My Speakers

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Update Broke My Speakers: Before update to 20H2 speakers were working perfectly fine. Afterupdate, not so much. Roll back update, speakers work. Update again, not working. Bluetooth earbuds, no problems. ThingsI have checked/tried. Mixer-Setwhere I want it. Volume is on. Settings-Speakersare the...
  3. Icons broke in Windows Search.

in Cortana
    Icons broke in Windows Search.: 90% of the icons are broken if I search for them in windows Search, they show instead the photos app icon. Is it a corruption? Has It something to do with the Google Drive file stream as I saw online? Is it even possible to fix this? I started getting this issue not exactly...
  4. My wifi on my desktop broke again

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My wifi on my desktop broke again: For some reason, after I asked a question yesterday, the internet worked out of nowhere, I didn't do anything different. It just worked, but today, it is broken again. My wifi broke again and it is doing the same issues. It won't connect to the internet even though it is...
  5. Windows update broke my pc

Windows update broke my pc: Hello, i had a big windows 10 update which i stalled for a long time until it started downloading it itself while my pc was off. When i started it i didn't realise i had an update cos my screen was just blacklag so i turned it off and it tripped. It started fixing something...
  6. Windows Update broke my printers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows Update broke my printers: On October 12, I shut down my computer. Microsoft updates installed. After the updates were done, none of my printers work. This affects physical printers as well as PDF printers. I have re-installed drivers. But whenever I try to print, I get a message that says "Your file...
  7. New update broke desktop+taskbar

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    New update broke desktop+taskbar: Had my pc update overnight. Now after logging in, the desktop is black with no shortcuts and the Taskbar keeps blinking and is unusable. Would appreciate some support submitted by /u/PlainRamenNoodles [link] [comments]...
  8. Windows Update Broke My Sound

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows Update Broke My Sound: Windows did an update about a month ago. Ever since then, every time I boot up a game, the sound on my LCD TV that I have always used as a monitor, stops working. I can switch to my headphones in "select playback device" and the sound still works there. But in order to get...
  9. Windows update broke my DirectX9

Windows update broke my DirectX9: I updated to the latest update at the start of September and its overwritten my dxd9.dll with its updated version. As it was so long ago, I can't uninstall the update and go back to the old file. I've tried reinstalling DirectX to no success. I'm unable to play the games I...
  10. Windows taskbar icons broke

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows taskbar icons broke: I have had a few times when the windows icons do not do anything when left clicking. The windows Start menu , cortana icon , notification panel, clock. All of my desktop icons work fine. Anyone have an idea what needs to be done to get this going again? Thank you 28031