Windows 10: Windows Update Broke My Entire Home Network

Discus and support Windows Update Broke My Entire Home Network in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I use SMB to share the files on all my PCs and on my semi-NAS machine, my entire family uses this system to stream whatever content they want available... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Nick Gur, Jan 24, 2019.

1. Nick Gur Win User

Windows Update Broke My Entire Home Network

I use SMB to share the files on all my PCs and on my semi-NAS machine, my entire family uses this system to stream whatever content they want available on multiple PCs with ease even on their android devices.

Since this update landed on every windows machine i own, everything went wrong, and this was a few days ago now.

I have tried every fix and read every forum and almost every youtube video for over 4 hours with none of the solutions giving a fix to this wasting my time on an unbelievable level and at this point im beyond frustrated at a massive company like microsoft failing for this long (i believe since the october update there was issues) at one of their most popular products.

Actual details about my problem :

My main system is on W10Home1803-17134.556.

When i try to access PCs on my own network and LITERALLY the same PC that im using to access it on i get the error : 0x80070035 the network path was not found

When I try to access it on an android device it doesnt even connect.

I have changed all configurations such as password sharing off file sharing on and multiple other windows settings.
    I launched services.msc and enabled and set to start up automatically all the services that the forum posts said.
    i enabled SMB1
    i enables netBIOS

i did everything and wasted my time for nothing.

I was not sure to make this a question or discussion because i dont think theres a solution really, but i guess this is my last hail mary.
    As you can obviously feel im not even enthusiastic about giving out problem details because i know lots were affected by it and i am very frustrated, however im willing to give out any more information if required if theres any help available before an update drops.

P.S i realize i couldve put this under windows settings or files folders and storage topics, but i decided to put it in this because all this happened after a windows update.

:)

Nick Gur, Jan 24, 2019
  2. Mala_S Win User

Hello Nick Gur,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I appreciate the troubleshooting steps that you’ve done so far. I understand how difficult it is when you are unable to access network. I would recommend you follow the suggestions by
    Pauli O in the article How to get network
    sharing work with Windows 10 v1803
    and see if it works for you.

Note: Make sure Step 6 is followed accurately.

Hope it helps.

Mala S

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Mala_S, Dec 16, 2019
  3. Windows update broke my virtual network connections

It's two days after some Windows 10 update and it completely broke my VPN (Using Hamachi or Radmin VPN).

I checked almost anything, like network card configurations etc.

Any suggestion?

I'm tired of Windows.

Gamezombie, Dec 16, 2019
  4. Windows Update Broke My Entire Home Network

Windows 10 broke my steam

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

Method 1: Try updating the Video card drivers and check if it helps.

Follow the steps to update the Video card driver:

• Press Windows Key + X key and click Device Manager.
    • Expand ‘Display Adapters’.
    • Right-click on the Video card listed and click on ‘Update Driver Software’.

Method 2: Try installing the game in Compatibility mode and check.

Follow the steps to install in Compatibility mode:

• Right click the Game setup file and select Properties then tap or click the Compatibility tab.
    • Place a check in the Run this program in compatibility mode for: box.
    • Tap or click the drop down box and select a previous operating system, then tap or click OK.
    • Try installing the Game and check.

If still the issue persist then I suggest you to follow the suggestion provided by crazzilla replied on August 3, 2015 from the below link and check if it helps.

Windows 10 & Steam Gaming - most games broke

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Dec 16, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows Update Broke My Entire Home Network - Similar Threads - Update Broke Entire

2. XCOPY Broke an entire Network Drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    XCOPY Broke an entire Network Drive: Why would the below command completely dismount/remove a network drive when I copied it over?xcopy E:\test "\\computer\E$" /X /E /H /YIt seemed to have stripped permissions of the entire E drive on target computer.Asking for a friend....
  3. XCOPY Broke an entire Network Drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    XCOPY Broke an entire Network Drive: Why would the below command completely dismount/remove a network drive when I copied it over?xcopy E:\test "\\computer\E$" /X /E /H /YIt seemed to have stripped permissions of the entire E drive on target computer.Asking for a friend....
  4. XCOPY Broke an entire Network Drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows Update 20H2 broke 3 of my home computers :

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Update 20H2 broke 3 of my home computers :: Ok so, I tried to do the update 20H2 on my 3 home computers a few days ago... Non of them had any issues before with updating or whatever. Since I downloaded 20H2, my 3 computers give me a error message every time I'm trying to update. All of them have the message "We...
  6. No longer have direct access to my entire home network

No longer have direct access to my entire home network: Hello, I'm using Win 10 Pro 20H2 (19042.572) Since few days, although my internet connection has been working fine, I no longer have direct access to my entire home network. Indeed, when I click on Networks in File Explorer, I only have access to the media server. To access...
  7. Networking is broke!!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Networking is broke!!: I don't know what's wrong, here. I thought I'd pinned it down to a bad network driver, but none of my other PCs had this issue. Rolling back the driver seemed to fix the issue, temporarily, and then when it happened again, I could simply roll the driver back again. Well, now,...
  8. Update to 1903 broke networking

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Update to 1903 broke networking: I have a HP laptop running windows version 1803. Several weeks ago it updated to version 1903 albeit at a very inconvenient time. After the update, networking of any sort did not work. I tried updating all the network drivers, and installing a USB WiFi adapter that works...
  9. Windows update broke my virtual network connections

Windows update broke my virtual network connections: It's two days after some Windows 10 update and it completely broke my VPN (Using Hamachi or Radmin VPN). I checked almost anything, like network card configurations etc. Any suggestion? I'm tired of Windows....
  10. Another "1803" broke my home network

Another "1803" broke my home network: I've got a home network with ~9 computers on it. As "bad" as Homegroup seemed to be for some, it worked for me...almost all the time. (On occasion, I'd have to leave the homegroup and then reboot.) Now, with 1803, no two computers can see each other. I -can- access a word...