Windows 10: windows update broke my laptop

Discus and support windows update broke my laptop in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Yea so title says it all. Updated windows , when I rebooted the laptop it says my pin is not valid anymore.When I click set up , a grey box pops up... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Mark Irwin, Jun 22, 2022.

1. windows update broke my laptop

Yea so title says it all. Updated windows , when I rebooted the laptop it says my pin is not valid anymore.When I click set up , a grey box pops up then immediately disappears, leaving me unable to set up pin, therefore locked out of my own laptop.I then uninstalling the update but it says that it cannot be done.I then tried system restore which doesnt show me any restore pointsI then tried troubleshooting start up this also failed.I then tried resetting the pc and downloading from cloud but this is also not working.I dont have a recovery disk , so I'm pretty much locked out of my own laptop

:)

Mark Irwin, Jun 22, 2022

2. Windows 10 broke my steam

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

Method 1: Try updating the Video card drivers and check if it helps.

Follow the steps to update the Video card driver:

• Press Windows Key + X key and click Device Manager.
    • Expand ‘Display Adapters’.
    • Right-click on the Video card listed and click on ‘Update Driver Software’.

Method 2: Try installing the game in Compatibility mode and check.

Follow the steps to install in Compatibility mode:

• Right click the Game setup file and select Properties then tap or click the Compatibility tab.
    • Place a check in the Run this program in compatibility mode for: box.
    • Tap or click the drop down box and select a previous operating system, then tap or click OK.
    • Try installing the Game and check.

If still the issue persist then I suggest you to follow the suggestion provided by crazzilla replied on August 3, 2015 from the below link and check if it helps.

Redirecting

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Jun 22, 2022
  3. Windows 10 broke on my Laptop

windows update broke my laptop [​IMG]

Obviously we both misread it. MS has an elephant sitting on a paper box screwing the public if a hard drive fails or in this case if their software through their actions (updating without a request) fails and in this case their repair function killed my hard drive (SSD now in there). Wonderful, just plain wonderful!

theaudioanalyst, Jun 22, 2022
  4. DRDNA Win User

windows update broke my laptop

Microsoft withdraws bad Windows 7 update that broke future Windows 7 updates

"Unfortunately, this apparently simple change has had severe consequences for some users of Windows 7 Service Pack 1 and Windows Server 2008 R2 Service Pack 1, with users reporting that Windows Update, drivers from both Nvidia and AMD, and some third-party software including Virtual Box are all unable to install correctly. The error code 0x8004FF91 seems to be a common finding."

http://arstechnica.com/information-...7-update-that-broke-future-windows-7-updates/

DRDNA, Jun 22, 2022
Thema:

windows update broke my laptop

1. windows update broke my laptop - Similar Threads - update broke laptop

2. Windows 11 update broke my laptop!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 update broke my laptop!: As usual, the intrusive windows update forced me to update my laptop, a $3K Alienware. Now it does not start and overheated my computer which started to smell like electronic parts being burnt....
  3. Windows 11 update broke my laptop!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 update broke my laptop!: As usual, the intrusive windows update forced me to update my laptop, a $3K Alienware. Now it does not start and overheated my computer which started to smell like electronic parts being burnt....
  4. windows update broke my laptop

windows update broke my laptop: Yea so title says it all. Updated windows , when I rebooted the laptop it says my pin is not valid anymore.When I click set up , a grey box pops up then immediately disappears, leaving me unable to set up pin, therefore locked out of my own laptop.I then uninstalling the...
  5. windows update broke my laptop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows update broke my laptop: Yea so title says it all. Updated windows , when I rebooted the laptop it says my pin is not valid anymore.When I click set up , a grey box pops up then immediately disappears, leaving me unable to set up pin, therefore locked out of my own laptop.I then uninstalling the...
  6. Windows update broke my laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows update broke my laptop: I have a Yoga 700 from Lenovo with Windows 10 and everything worked correctly yesterday, last thing I did was to update cummulative something and today I cannot shut down my pc, it gets stuck in a black screen and never shuts down, and networking is completely broken both...
  7. Windows update broke my laptop

Windows update broke my laptop: I have a Yoga 700 from Lenovo with Windows 10 and everything worked correctly yesterday, last thing I did was to update cummulative something and today I cannot shut down my pc, it gets stuck in a black screen and never shuts down, and networking is completely broken both...
  8. Windows update broke my laptop

9. Windows update broke my laptop

Windows update broke my laptop: I let a windows update run. Next time I turned on laptop it wouldn't start properly. It then did automatic repair which failed. I tried other options but now it doesn't recognise my password. Now only options seemed to he was to reset my PC I tried everything suggested online...
  10. Windows 10 update broke my laptop

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 update broke my laptop: I own a lenovo laptop and the webcam was working fine before this recent update. Now it's not even listed in device manager went through Microsoft's webcam fix guide nothing helped. Anyone else also facing this issue ? Thanks in advance/Kasturi...