Windows 10: Windows update broke my PC?

Discus and support Windows update broke my PC? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Being ignorant as I am I left my windows on auto-update and the latest updates seem to have ruined my PC. The first issue I had was not being able to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Pawzz, Nov 6, 2019.

1. Pawzz Win User

Windows update broke my PC?

Being ignorant as I am I left my windows on auto-update and the latest updates seem to have ruined my PC. The first issue I had was not being able to sign in to my profile, as a temporary profile would be made for each login attempt. I went as far as running the Registry Editor as an administrator and deleted the temporary profile and deleted the .bak windows attached to my profile. Some suggested that this would work and it did not. I then tried uninstalling and reinstalling the updates in case they installed incorrectly. This caused my pc to go into an almost infinite boot loop saying "critical-process-died". I fixed this by talking to the first tier of tech support but they couldn't help me log back into my profile so I'm stuck back at square one not being able to log in. I cant reset my pc so I can just download everything again because that process can never complete and reverts all changes. Anyone know how to help me get into my profile??

:)

Pawzz, Nov 6, 2019

2. Windows 10 broke my steam

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

Method 1: Try updating the Video card drivers and check if it helps.

Follow the steps to update the Video card driver:

• Press Windows Key + X key and click Device Manager.
    • Expand ‘Display Adapters’.
    • Right-click on the Video card listed and click on ‘Update Driver Software’.

Method 2: Try installing the game in Compatibility mode and check.

Follow the steps to install in Compatibility mode:

• Right click the Game setup file and select Properties then tap or click the Compatibility tab.
    • Place a check in the Run this program in compatibility mode for: box.
    • Tap or click the drop down box and select a previous operating system, then tap or click OK.
    • Try installing the Game and check.

If still the issue persist then I suggest you to follow the suggestion provided by crazzilla replied on August 3, 2015 from the below link and check if it helps.

Windows 10 & Steam Gaming - most games broke

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Nov 6, 2019
  3. DRDNA Win User
    Microsoft withdraws bad Windows 7 update that broke future Windows 7 updates

"Unfortunately, this apparently simple change has had severe consequences for some users of Windows 7 Service Pack 1 and Windows Server 2008 R2 Service Pack 1, with users reporting that Windows Update, drivers from both Nvidia and AMD, and some third-party software including Virtual Box are all unable to install correctly. The error code 0x8004FF91 seems to be a common finding."

http://arstechnica.com/information-...7-update-that-broke-future-windows-7-updates/

DRDNA, Nov 6, 2019
  4. 3Colors Win User

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Windows update broke my PC? :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Nov 6, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows update broke my PC? - Similar Threads - update broke

2. update broke my pc, running at 100disk and can't open main menue or search for program,...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    update broke my pc, running at 100disk and can't open main menue or search for program,...: the problem is the 50 million years to ge to the enter password pagethen the 50 million years to open the **** picutre to get the **** bar you the password inthen the **** 50 milllion years to "load in"then **** milllion years for the all the icons and tool bar to show...
  3. update broke my pc, running at 100disk and can't open main menue or search for program,...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    update broke my pc, running at 100disk and can't open main menue or search for program,...: the problem is the 50 million years to ge to the enter password pagethen the 50 million years to open the **** picutre to get the **** bar you the password inthen the **** 50 milllion years to "load in"then **** milllion years for the all the icons and tool bar to show...
  4. update broke my pc, running at 100disk and can't open main menue or search for program,...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. I updated my bios with lenovo vintage and I broke my bios

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I updated my bios with lenovo vintage and I broke my bios: a few moments ago I tried to update some drivers using lenovo vintage app from the Microsoft store and after my laptop restarted and when it booted back in it gave me blue screen with stop code : INACCESIBLE BOOT DEVICE. pls help?...
  6. I updated my bios with lenovo vintage and I broke my bios

I updated my bios with lenovo vintage and I broke my bios: a few moments ago I tried to update some drivers using lenovo vintage app from the Microsoft store and after my laptop restarted and when it booted back in it gave me blue screen with stop code : INACCESIBLE BOOT DEVICE. pls help?...
  7. I updated my bios with lenovo vintage and I broke my bios

8. The recent Windows 10 update broke my audio, I get no sound when I connect my headphones...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The recent Windows 10 update broke my audio, I get no sound when I connect my headphones...: The recent Windows 10 update broke my audio, I get no sound when I connect my headphones with 3.5mm audio jack, tried two of my headphones already and they work just fine everywhere else. However, when I try to connected via Bluetooth I can hear the sound just fine, seems to...
  9. The recent Windows 10 update broke my audio, I get no sound when I connect my headphones...

The recent Windows 10 update broke my audio, I get no sound when I connect my headphones...: The recent Windows 10 update broke my audio, I get no sound when I connect my headphones with 3.5mm audio jack, tried two of my headphones already and they work just fine everywhere else. However, when I try to connected via Bluetooth I can hear the sound just fine, seems to...
  10. The recent Windows 10 update broke my audio, I get no sound when I connect my headphones...