Windows 10: Windows Update Broke My Sound

Discus and support Windows Update Broke My Sound in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Windows did an update about a month ago. Ever since then, every time I boot up a game, the sound on my LCD TV that I have always used as a monitor,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by MarshMell0h, Sep 29, 2019.

1. Windows Update Broke My Sound

Windows did an update about a month ago. Ever since then, every time I boot up a game, the sound on my LCD TV that I have always used as a monitor, stops working. I can switch to my headphones in "select playback device" and the sound still works there. But in order to get the TV sound to work again, I have to completely restart my PC (and then if I boot up a game again it bye-bye sound again). I have tried everything suggested in troubleshooting. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers for all of my sound devices.

I am sick of Windows 10 updates breaking things every single time they come out. This one in particular is really frustrating and after a month of dealing with it I am completely fed up. PLEASE someone help.

:)

MarshMell0h, Sep 29, 2019
  2. cadaveca Win User

Good surround sound headset

I know you say you're not that guy, but stepping into the $250+ range really brings a change in build quality that might have you never having to buy another set. Otherwise, getting 6 speakers with decent sound in a headset is hard, and that's what you are asking for, and I have no suggestions, but just a bump up the list. *Stick Out Tongue Windows Update Broke My Sound :p

cadaveca, Sep 29, 2019
  3. I got no sound microsoft or horrible sound

Hi Roger,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

In order to help you better, could you please confirm a couple of things.

• What happens exactly when you try to play the sound?
    • Are you getting any error message?
    • Have you installed all the pending Windows updates?

I suggest you to follow the below methods and check if it helps.

Method 1: I suggest you to follow below steps and check.

Step 1: I suggest you to install all the latest pending Windows updates as below and check if it helps.

• Go to “settings” and click on “update and security”.
    • Under tab “Windows update”, click on the icon “check for updates”.
    • Then once you find the pending updates install it and check.

Step 2: I suggest you to follow the steps from the below article and check if it helps.

Fix sound problems

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-10/fix-sound-problems#v1h=tab01

Hope this information is helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Sep 29, 2019
  4. Arun B J Win User

Windows Update Broke My Sound

Windows 10 broke 5.1 surround sound / Using internal sound card

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if it helps.

Method 1: Run the
    playing Audio troubleshooter

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with Sound. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your Audio

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.

• Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.

• Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel.

• Run the playing Audio troubleshooter.
    Method 2.Try updating the Audio drivers from the manufacturer's website and check if the issue persists.

Follow the steps to update the audio drivers:

a. Press Windows key + X key and click Device Manager.

b. Expand the Sound, Video and game controllers.

c. Right-click on the Sound card and click on Update driver software.

d. Restart the computer and check.

Keep us posted on this issue so that we can assist you better.

Arun B J, Sep 29, 2019
Thema:

Windows Update Broke My Sound

1. Windows Update Broke My Sound - Similar Threads - Update Broke Sound

2. Windows Update broke my sound. Then fixed it. Then broke it again - all within 24 hours....

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Update broke my sound. Then fixed it. Then broke it again - all within 24 hours....: Windows Update broke my sound. Then fixed it. Then broke it again - all within 24 hours. What is going on? Initially the Bluetooth headphones worked so I used this instead when the TV sound failed, but now nothing works. HOW CAN THIS BE FIXED PLEASE?...
  3. Windows Update broke my sound. Then fixed it. Then broke it again - all within 24 hours....

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Update broke my sound. Then fixed it. Then broke it again - all within 24 hours....: Windows Update broke my sound. Then fixed it. Then broke it again - all within 24 hours. What is going on? Initially the Bluetooth headphones worked so I used this instead when the TV sound failed, but now nothing works. HOW CAN THIS BE FIXED PLEASE?...
  4. Windows Update broke my sound. Then fixed it. Then broke it again - all within 24 hours....

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. update KB5016616 and KB5015730 broke my sound/speakers

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    update KB5016616 and KB5015730 broke my sound/speakers: After updating my windows recently I noticed that the sound stopped working completely. I've tried to uninstall them both, but when I uninstall KB5016616, a new security update is installed immediately after called KB5014699 even though I've paused updates. I've attempted to...
  6. update KB5016616 and KB5015730 broke my sound/speakers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    update KB5016616 and KB5015730 broke my sound/speakers: After updating my windows recently I noticed that the sound stopped working completely. I've tried to uninstall them both, but when I uninstall KB5016616, a new security update is installed immediately after called KB5014699 even though I've paused updates. I've attempted to...
  7. update KB5016616 and KB5015730 broke my sound/speakers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Windows 10 Update Broke Videos and Sound

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Update Broke Videos and Sound: I just installed the Windows 10 Version 20H2 feature update, along with two associated quality updates, a driver update "Intel net 22.10.07", and a security definition update. And now videos and sound don't work. I'm not seeing any audio or video drivers available to be...
  9. Recent update broke sound in headphones

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Recent update broke sound in headphones: Hello, I updated win10 about an hour ago, but since the update, i am getting no sound from headphones at all, I am on asus rog 503vm, I tried to reinstall realtek drivers, when that did not work, i tried drivers form ASUS web page, for this model, didt work either, everything...
  10. Latest update broke my sound?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Latest update broke my sound?: Ever since the 2/14/2020 update my laptop (Huawei Matebook D) doesn't have sound. I've tried nearly everything I can to fix it to no avail. The Realtek HD Audio Driver simply doesn't even show up in Device Manager so I can't do anything with that. DriverEasy says my Realtek...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows update broke 5.1