Windows 10: Windows Update Broke My Sound

Discus and support Windows Update Broke My Sound in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Windows did an update about a month ago. Ever since then, every time I boot up a game, the sound on my LCD TV that I have always used as a monitor,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by MarshMell0h, Sep 29, 2019.

1. Windows Update Broke My Sound

Windows did an update about a month ago. Ever since then, every time I boot up a game, the sound on my LCD TV that I have always used as a monitor, stops working. I can switch to my headphones in "select playback device" and the sound still works there. But in order to get the TV sound to work again, I have to completely restart my PC (and then if I boot up a game again it bye-bye sound again). I have tried everything suggested in troubleshooting. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers for all of my sound devices.

I am sick of Windows 10 updates breaking things every single time they come out. This one in particular is really frustrating and after a month of dealing with it I am completely fed up. PLEASE someone help.

:)

MarshMell0h, Sep 29, 2019
  2. cadaveca Win User

Good surround sound headset

I know you say you're not that guy, but stepping into the $250+ range really brings a change in build quality that might have you never having to buy another set. Otherwise, getting 6 speakers with decent sound in a headset is hard, and that's what you are asking for, and I have no suggestions, but just a bump up the list. *Stick Out Tongue Windows Update Broke My Sound :p

cadaveca, Sep 29, 2019
  3. I got no sound microsoft or horrible sound

Hi Roger,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

In order to help you better, could you please confirm a couple of things.

• What happens exactly when you try to play the sound?
    • Are you getting any error message?
    • Have you installed all the pending Windows updates?

I suggest you to follow the below methods and check if it helps.

Method 1: I suggest you to follow below steps and check.

Step 1: I suggest you to install all the latest pending Windows updates as below and check if it helps.

• Go to “settings” and click on “update and security”.
    • Under tab “Windows update”, click on the icon “check for updates”.
    • Then once you find the pending updates install it and check.

Step 2: I suggest you to follow the steps from the below article and check if it helps.

Fix sound problems

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-10/fix-sound-problems#v1h=tab01

Hope this information is helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Sep 29, 2019
  4. Arun B J Win User

Windows Update Broke My Sound

Windows 10 broke 5.1 surround sound / Using internal sound card

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if it helps.

Method 1: Run the
    playing Audio troubleshooter

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with Sound. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your Audio

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.

• Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.

• Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel.

• Run the playing Audio troubleshooter.
    Method 2.Try updating the Audio drivers from the manufacturer's website and check if the issue persists.

Follow the steps to update the audio drivers:

a. Press Windows key + X key and click Device Manager.

b. Expand the Sound, Video and game controllers.

c. Right-click on the Sound card and click on Update driver software.

d. Restart the computer and check.

Keep us posted on this issue so that we can assist you better.

Arun B J, Sep 29, 2019
Thema:

Windows Update Broke My Sound

1. Windows Update Broke My Sound - Similar Threads - Update Broke Sound

2. Latest Windows Update broke my laptop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Latest Windows Update broke my laptop: The latest windows update (1903 i believe) caused such a mess on my PC that I was forced to reimage the laptop yet again. 1. I was unable to access the settings panel because it kept crashing. Tried multiple online suggestions on resetting the settings app to no avail. 2....
  3. Windows update broke my DirectX9

Windows update broke my DirectX9: I updated to the latest update at the start of September and its overwritten my dxd9.dll with its updated version. As it was so long ago, I can't uninstall the update and go back to the old file. I've tried reinstalling DirectX to no success. I'm unable to play the games I...
  4. Windows 10 update broke my system!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 update broke my system!: Hi The latest round of updates broke my sound system - Windows sounds worked but nothing from VLC or any other media player! I managed to get this all working by both running other updates and updating drivers on my Laptop but now I have a different issue! I run both a...
  5. Update Broke my Printer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Update Broke my Printer: Windows installed an update last night. Now today I can't print anything. It keeps saying that the printer is offline. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/update-broke-my-printer/fcc3556a-cef9-43db-a99a-c6ca559c6865
  6. windows 10 update broke my internet

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    windows 10 update broke my internet: I installed 2019-06 Cumulative Update for .NET Framework 3.5 and 4.8 for Windows 10 Version 1903 for x64 (KB4502584) and it broke my internet. Sometimes i cant connect to my wifi and when i can i have no internet. I tested it with different wifi, different drivers and reset...
  7. Windows 10 update broke my audio

Windows 10 update broke my audio: When I updated my computer to the latest windows 10 version (1903) it broke my audio. I cant connect my headphones to my pc and the only sound I get is the sound from my second monitor which is a TV. I have tried updating all my drivers, uninstalling them, disabling them,...
  8. Windows 10 update broke my computer

Windows 10 update broke my computer: Windows installed an update that I kept prolonging and now my laptop is broken. First after tge update was installed, my laptop kept rebooting into a configuring windows screen for about 2 hrs. I decided to reboot it because i have college work that needs to be done. It went...
  9. Windows 10 update on October 10 2018 broke my sound card

Windows 10 update on October 10 2018 broke my sound card: Hello, the October 10 2018 update broke my Realtek sound driver. I know this is the case because I performed a system restore to right before the update and the driver worked. Once I reinstalled the update it broke again. The volume icon shows a red X and the...
  10. Windows 10 update broke my computer.

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 update broke my computer.: So, I'll go on record saying that Windows 10 is the absolute worst OS ever released by Microsoft. It just did a self-update and broke my computer. I can no longer log in. I get a black screen with a mouse curser. It's one step down from earlier, where I still got to the...