Windows 10: Windows update broke my virtual network connections

Discus and support Windows update broke my virtual network connections in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; It's two days after some Windows 10 update and it completely broke my VPN (Using Hamachi or Radmin VPN). I checked almost anything, like network card... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Gamezombie, Nov 20, 2018.

1. Windows update broke my virtual network connections

It's two days after some Windows 10 update and it completely broke my VPN (Using Hamachi or Radmin VPN).
    I checked almost anything, like network card configurations etc.
    Any suggestion?
    I'm tired of Windows.

:)

Gamezombie, Nov 20, 2018
  2. Mel Tar Win User

No network connection

Hello Graham,

To resolve your concern about wireless network issues, please click the link below and follow the suggested troubleshooting steps:

Let us know how it goes.

Mel Tar, Nov 20, 2018
  3. Win 10 Update 1709 build 16299.98 totally broke network connections

Hi Danny,

This issue with network connection after upgrading to Windows 10 1709 might really have a connection with the compatibility of the network card or driver/s on your computer. However, again we don't want to assume anything yet. We would like to know if you
    already followed all of the troubleshooting steps on the link that I've provided above. If yes, we suggest that you roll back to Windows 10 1703 then turn on the defer upgrade on your computer. It's to block any updates that may incur on your computer. Here
    are the steps on how to do so:

• Click the Windows icon on your computer, then select Settings.
    • Choose Update & Security, then click Windows Update.
    • Under Update settings, select Advanced options.
    • Click on Defer upgrades.

We're looking forward to your feedback.

Carlos Tin, Nov 20, 2018
  4. Windows update broke my virtual network connections

Losing network connection

Hello Dear, if you have a laptop or a PC with a wireless network adapter, you can see a list of available wireless networks and then connect to one of those networks. The wireless networks will only appear if your PC has a wireless network adapter installed, the adapter is turned on, and the wireless access point is in range.

1. Click Start, click Control Panel, click Network and Internet Connections, and then click Network Connections.

2. In the left pane, under Network Tasks, click View available wireless networks.
    In case, If you don't see the network you want to connect to, click Refresh network list. If you see the network but the signal is weak, move the PC closer to the wireless router.

3. Click the network you want to connect to, and then click Connect.

4. If you're connecting to a secure network, type the security key, and then click OK.

I Hope you solve out your query soon.

martinkaren77, Nov 20, 2018
Thema:

Windows update broke my virtual network connections

1. Windows update broke my virtual network connections - Similar Threads - update broke virtual

2. Virtual machiens networks not connecting to windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Virtual machiens networks not connecting to windows: I have a problem with using virtual machines on windows, whenever i run a virtual machine, the virtual networks don't appear on the windows host neither on the adapters page from control panel or from cmd through ipconfig /all, how can i solve this issue? i am on windows 11...
  3. Virtual machiens networks not connecting to windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Virtual machiens networks not connecting to windows: I have a problem with using virtual machines on windows, whenever i run a virtual machine, the virtual networks don't appear on the windows host neither on the adapters page from control panel or from cmd through ipconfig /all, how can i solve this issue? i am on windows 11...
  4. KB5010342 broke my Intel 82579V Gigabit Network Connection

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    KB5010342 broke my Intel 82579V Gigabit Network Connection: I use a wired Intel 82579V Gigabit Network Connection on my venerable ASUS X79 Deluxe Motherboard with Windows 10 Pro 21H2 OS Build 19044.1526 with Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.4170.0. All was well until I installed Security Update KB5010342 and Servicing Stack...
  5. KB5010342 broke my Intel 82579V Gigabit Network Connection

in Windows 10 Gaming
    KB5010342 broke my Intel 82579V Gigabit Network Connection: I use a wired Intel 82579V Gigabit Network Connection on my venerable ASUS X79 Deluxe Motherboard with Windows 10 Pro 21H2 OS Build 19044.1526 with Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.4170.0. All was well until I installed Security Update KB5010342 and Servicing Stack...
  6. Networking is broke!!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Networking is broke!!: I don't know what's wrong, here. I thought I'd pinned it down to a bad network driver, but none of my other PCs had this issue. Rolling back the driver seemed to fix the issue, temporarily, and then when it happened again, I could simply roll the driver back again. Well, now,...
  7. Update to 1903 broke networking

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Update to 1903 broke networking: I have a HP laptop running windows version 1803. Several weeks ago it updated to version 1903 albeit at a very inconvenient time. After the update, networking of any sort did not work. I tried updating all the network drivers, and installing a USB WiFi adapter that works...
  8. Windows updates broke my mapped NAS drive connections - network path was not found....

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows updates broke my mapped NAS drive connections - network path was not found....: for months, every time windows updates, i lose access to my mapped NAS drives ("network path was not found. connection has not been restored"). so, i uninstall the update every week, but this is a pain, and probably hurts security. i just had my second support session with...
  9. Windows Update Broke My Entire Home Network

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Update Broke My Entire Home Network: I use SMB to share the files on all my PCs and on my semi-NAS machine, my entire family uses this system to stream whatever content they want available on multiple PCs with ease even on their android devices. Since this update landed on every windows machine i own,...
  10. Creator broke my network connections

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Creator broke my network connections: in 1607 I had 4 devices, 2 laptops, 2 desktops. One desktop is a server of sorts, not running server s/w. All others could connect to it. Upgrade to Creator (Nothing else changed) and now no one can talk to the server. one laptop show it, the other does not. If I click on...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows update broke virtualbox network