Windows 10: windows update bug corrupting files, who can fix it

Discus and support windows update bug corrupting files, who can fix it in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; who should be paying for the fixes that corupted my files after updating the windows latest update where can i get help... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by LeahThomas2, Jun 20, 2020.

1. windows update bug corrupting files, who can fix it

who should be paying for the fixes that corupted my files after updating the windows latest update where can i get help

:)

LeahThomas2, Jun 20, 2020

2. Corrupted file RAR

If the archive has been created using WinRAR, why don't you try WinRAR itself? It has a built-in repair feature for repairing corrupted archive (ZIP as well as RAR). Follow the steps given below:
    • Open WinRAR application in your system.
    • Now click on File tab > Open or simply press Ctrl+O.
    • A small window "Find Archive" will pop up. Locate the corrupt RAR archive from your system directory and select it.
    • Now click Open button.
    • Click Tools tab > Repair archive or simply press Alt+R.
    • Again a small window "Repairing File name.rar" will pop up.
    • Now click Browse to select a location to save the repaired archive.
    • Check the box "Treat the corrupt archive as RAR" and click OK.
    • WinRAR will start repairing of corrupt RAR archive. Once it gets completed click Close.
    I hope the above steps will help you repair the corrupted RAR archive.

Thanks.

Lincoln Dunne, Jun 20, 2020
  3. Corrupt file - Can't fix. [Fixed]

Hi Vincent,

Thank you for posting your concern here in Microsoft Community.

Before proceeding, please check if the same issue occur when logged in through a different user account.

Ref: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/getstarted-set-up-accounts

Please perform the below steps and see if it helps to resolve the issue.

This issue may happen due to system file corruption. I suggest you to run System file checker. System File checker (SFC) scan is done to check if there are any corrupted system files that could be causing this issue. Kindly follow
    the below given steps:

• Press Windows key + X, select
      Command prompt (Admin)
      to bring up elevated Command prompt.
    • In Command prompt type sfc/scannow and press enter.
    • Restart the computer.
    If no corrupted system files were found in the previous state, then I suggest you to try the following steps:

• Open command prompt by pressing Windows key + X and selecting “Command prompt admin”.
    • In command prompt, type the following commands and press Enter after each command:
    DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth

• Close the command prompt and restart the PC and check if it works.
    Hope this information helps. Please post us if you need any further assistance with Windows.

Thank you.

Sagnik_Chakraborty, Jun 20, 2020
  4. malware Win User

windows update bug corrupting files, who can fix it

Microsoft Windows Home Server Corrupts Files

Microsoft has warned Windows Home Server users not to edit files stored on their backup systems with several of its programs, including Vista Photo Gallery and Office's OneNote and Outlook, as well as files generated by popular finance software such as Quicken and QuickBooks. "When you use certain programs to edit files on a home computer that uses Windows Home Server, the files may become corrupted when you save them to the home server," Microsoft said in a support document posted last week. The document went on to list the software, which includes Windows Vista Photo Gallery, Windows Live Photo Gallery, OneNote 2003, OneNote 2007, Outlook 2007, Microsoft Money 2007 and SyncToy 2.0 Beta. Others programs, however, may also corrupt files stored on a home server powered by Microsoft's operating system. "Additionally, there have been customer reports of issues with Torrent applications, with Intuit Quicken and with QuickBooks program files," the document said. "Until an update for Windows Home Server is available, we recommend that [you] do not use the programs that are listed to save or to edit program-specific files that are stored on a Windows Home Server-based system."

Source: Computerworld

malware, Jun 20, 2020
Thema:

windows update bug corrupting files, who can fix it

1. windows update bug corrupting files, who can fix it - Similar Threads - update bug corrupting

2. Can Windows installationFlashdrive Fix My Corrupt files?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can Windows installationFlashdrive Fix My Corrupt files?: Hi So my lenovo Laptop Recently Stopped working After An update The display monitor stopped working And My Laptop Screen Itself also stopped working And I’m stuck in the reset page Can windows 10 installation Via flash drive Fix it? It Still runs it still charges I can still...
  3. Can Windows installationFlashdrive Fix My Corrupt files?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can Windows installationFlashdrive Fix My Corrupt files?: Hi So my lenovo Laptop Recently Stopped working After An update The display monitor stopped working And My Laptop Screen Itself also stopped working And I’m stuck in the reset page Can windows 10 installation Via flash drive Fix it? It Still runs it still charges I can still...
  4. Can Windows installationFlashdrive Fix My Corrupt files?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Can Windows installationFlashdrive Fix My Corrupt files?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Can Windows installationFlashdrive Fix My Corrupt files?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Can Windows installationFlashdrive Fix My Corrupt files?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. A Windows 10 bug can corrupt some FLAC music files, but there’s a fix

in Windows 10 News
    A Windows 10 bug can corrupt some FLAC music files, but there’s a fix: If you’re maintaining your own collection of FLAC (Free Lossless Audio Codec) downloads from an online store, makes sure that you don’t edit the metadata using Windows 10’s File Explorer. This is according to a new support document issued by Microsoft. In Windows 10 version...
  9. can windows fix a corrupt disk image file

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    can windows fix a corrupt disk image file: I have file on an SD card. If I try to open the file it says "the disk image file is corrupted". Can windows fix this? It is NOT a windows file. Thanks....
  10. SFC some corrupt files can not be fixed

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    SFC some corrupt files can not be fixed: Recently did a clean install of threshold2 build 10586.3 and happen to run System File Checker and received that some corrupt files could not be fixed. CBS.log showed these files that showed as a mismatch. 2015-11-14 13:59:45, Info CSI 0000499e [SR] Repairing 1...