Windows 10: Windows update bugs??

Discus and support Windows update bugs?? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Windows update keep removing some old windows programs that I need to do my work. How do I stop the updates from removing those files and programs?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by JoanG1, Apr 14, 2021.

1. JoanG1 Win User

Windows update bugs??

Windows update keep removing some old windows programs that I need to do my work. How do I stop the updates from removing those files and programs?

Also I had a second internal drive attached that ran window XP. used run my embroidery software. When windows updated all the hundreds of embroidery files that I paid for were gone. Since I only use that drive once every few months I was told that it was too late to recover the files.

How can I avoid this happening again?

:)

JoanG1, Apr 14, 2021

2. Taskbar bug: switching to another window -will not appear at the front

Follow either of these steps to fix the issue with the Active window hiding behind.

Method 1:
    I suggest you to disable window by hovering over it with the mouse and check if it helps. To do so I suggest you to try the below given steps and check if it helps:

1. Press Windows key + X key and click on Control Panel.
    2. Select or click Ease of Access.
    3. Click or tap onEase of Access Centre.
    4. Click on Make the Mouse Easier to Use was uncheck Activate Window by hovering over it with the mouse.
    5. Check if issue is resolved.
    Method 2:
    I would suggest you to completely uninstall the touchpad driver and reinstall it. Kindly follow the below given steps.

1. Press “Windows key + X” and click on “Device Manager”.
    2. In the list of devices, you should see the touchpad drivers.
    3. Right click on the device and then select "Uninstall".
    4. In the uninstall dialog, make sure you select the option to delete the driver package from the system. This causes the driver package installed earlier to be deleted.
    5. In the Action menu of Device manager, select “Scan for Hardware changes” option. This will cause the device driver to be reinstalled. Once the driver is installed, close all windows and restart the computer.

ChojiTiger, Apr 14, 2021
  3. 3Colors Win User
    Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Windows update bugs?? :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Apr 14, 2021
  4. csatennis Win User

Windows update bugs??

Taskbar bug: switching to another window -will not appear at the front

I have been trying to fix this for months. Your solution Method 1 seemed to work. THANK YOU!!!!

csatennis, Apr 14, 2021
Thema:

Windows update bugs??

1. Windows update bugs?? - Similar Threads - update bugs

2. I just updated my laptop and my touchpad is bugging really bad.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I just updated my laptop and my touchpad is bugging really bad.: I just recently updated my laptop and right after I updated my touchpad started to bug really bad. Every time I use the touchpad my mouse just flies around the screen and just is uncontrollable. I have no idea how to fix this and would like some help.Thanks...
  3. I just updated my laptop and my touchpad is bugging really bad.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I just updated my laptop and my touchpad is bugging really bad.: I just recently updated my laptop and right after I updated my touchpad started to bug really bad. Every time I use the touchpad my mouse just flies around the screen and just is uncontrollable. I have no idea how to fix this and would like some help.Thanks...
  4. WIndows Update Bug

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WIndows Update Bug: I've just realized that my windows didn't update for a while now, so I checked it and this is what I found. Did anyone else have this issue before and how to fix itNote : Yes, I paused the auto update before and No, I still can't resume it...
  5. WIndows Update Bug

WIndows Update Bug: I've just realized that my windows didn't update for a while now, so I checked it and this is what I found. Did anyone else have this issue before and how to fix itNote : Yes, I paused the auto update before and No, I still can't resume it...
  6. 300 updates further and still no language bug fix?!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    300 updates further and still no language bug fix?!: Like the title says! Dozen of updates further and the language bug is still there, and every windows install i need to waste my time hours on it to get the system language right! No i am not here for troubleshooting, i am here to push the damn devteam to fix the damn anoying...
  7. 300 updates further and still no language bug fix?!

300 updates further and still no language bug fix?!: Like the title says! Dozen of updates further and the language bug is still there, and every windows install i need to waste my time hours on it to get the system language right! No i am not here for troubleshooting, i am here to push the damn devteam to fix the damn anoying...
  8. STOP LOCKING THREADS RELATED TO YOUR BUGGED UPDATES Windows 10 Update Error0x80070643

in Windows 10 Gaming
    STOP LOCKING THREADS RELATED TO YOUR BUGGED UPDATES Windows 10 Update Error0x80070643: You are trying to hide the fact that your **** software engineers have broken this security update.Multiple clients are experiencing an install error from your **** staff tryna extend partitions without putting the proper security elevation scripting in the update.Half assing...
  9. STOP LOCKING THREADS RELATED TO YOUR BUGGED UPDATES Windows 10 Update Error0x80070643

STOP LOCKING THREADS RELATED TO YOUR BUGGED UPDATES Windows 10 Update Error0x80070643: You are trying to hide the fact that your **** software engineers have broken this security update.Multiple clients are experiencing an install error from your **** staff tryna extend partitions without putting the proper security elevation scripting in the update.Half assing...
  10. STOP LOCKING THREADS RELATED TO YOUR BUGGED UPDATES Windows 10 Update Error0x80070643

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade