Windows 10: Windows update build 2004 display driver/brightness/contrast issue

Discus and support Windows update build 2004 display driver/brightness/contrast issue in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello! I had to roll back to an older build from "2004" because after the update when I start my pc OR switching from hdmixbox input to display... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by MGergely, Sep 29, 2020.

1. MGergely Win User

Windows update build 2004 display driver/brightness/contrast issue

Hello!

I had to roll back to an older build from "2004" because after the update when I start my pc OR switching from hdmixbox input to display portpc on the same monitor, the monitor contrast/brightness turns darker by a lot. I can only fix it by turning off then on the monitor or restart the radeon display driver by a software like "CRU". Every driver/bios/software were up to date. Switching back to the older build 1909 solves this issue so this is a windows update issue.

Any recommendation is welcome!

Sorry for my english and thanks in advance.

:)

MGergely, Sep 29, 2020

2. brightness issue of my windows 10 pro

Hello Adityaattri,

As you are facing issues with changing the brightness on your device after upgrading to Windows 10, do not worry we will help you with this issue.

Do let us know the following to assist you better with this issue:

• What is the make and model of your device?
    • Were you able to see any error message/ error code with this issue?
    • Have you tried to install all the pending updates for drivers and Windows Updates on your device?

This issue might have happened due to corrupted/ outdated drivers.

I suggest you to refer to the below Microsoft article, try the troubleshooting steps suggested to change the brightness and check if it helps.

Adjust your monitor's brightness and contrast

Hope it helps. Get back to us with an updated status of changing the brightness and required information for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Sep 29, 2020
  3. Screen brightness low & critical Error

Hi Roopesh,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft community.

• What is the complete error message are you getting?
    I suggest you to follow the below methods and check if it helps.

Method 1: I suggest you to follow the steps from the below article and check if it helps.

Adjust your monitor's brightness and contrast

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/adjust-monitor-brightness-contrast#1TC=windows-10

Method 2: I suggest you to update the display drivers and check if the issue persists.

Steps to update the drivers for the Display Adapter.

• Press Windows key + X key when you are at desktop.
    • Select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapter.
    • Right on the Display Adapter and click on Update.

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Sep 29, 2020
  4. Windows update build 2004 display driver/brightness/contrast issue

Adjusting Monitor Brightness and contrast

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community. We are sorry for the inconvenience caused.

I see that you want to adjust the monitor brightness and contrast

Please answer the below question to assist you better,

What is the make and model of the keyboard?

Please check the below steps and check if it helps,

• Type Calibrate display color in the Cortana search box, and click on same.
    • Click Next on Display Color Calibration window.
    • Click Next on Set basic color settings appears on the screen window.
    • Similarly, you get another window How to adjust gamma and click Next button to continue.
    • Adjust gamma window prompts.Set the gamma color settings by sliding up or down (as you prefer) the gamma sliders. When you drag the slider upward brightness of your desktop enhances and when pull it downward brightness
      decreases.This is the center step to adjust brightness so perform carefully. Press
      Next button.
    • Then you will see the Find the brightness and contrast controls for your display. Tap on
      Skip brightness and contrast adjustment if you want to avoid the adjustment of brightness and contrast.
    • Press on Next button until you get the window called How to adjust color balance.
    • In the window “How to adjust color balance”, hit the Next button to go further window.
    • Here, you will notice another window Adjust color balance. In this window, you have the option to adjust the primary colors like
      red, blue and green by sliding these (right or left) with mouse according to your need. After you optimize the colors press the
      Next button.
    • Finally, click Finish button to save the current color calibration settings on your Windows 10 desktop.

You may also update the display driver and check if it helps:

How to: Install and Update drivers in Windows 10

How to: Install and Update Hardware Drivers in Windows 10

I would also suggest you install the latest keyboard drivers from the manufacturing website and check if it helps.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Anup Karkal, Sep 29, 2020
Thema:

Windows update build 2004 display driver/brightness/contrast issue

1. Windows update build 2004 display driver/brightness/contrast issue - Similar Threads - update build 2004

2. Display Colors: Fading, Low Contrast And Low Brightness

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Display Colors: Fading, Low Contrast And Low Brightness: Hello team,I have been facing issue of my display colors getting faded, low contrast and low brightness than normal . As soon as I switch to any other windowi.e file explorer, browser...etc the contrast starts to get back to normal and so does screen regains it colors and...
  3. Display Colors: Fading, Low Contrast And Low Brightness

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Display Colors: Fading, Low Contrast And Low Brightness: Hello team,I have been facing issue of my display colors getting faded, low contrast and low brightness than normal . As soon as I switch to any other windowi.e file explorer, browser...etc the contrast starts to get back to normal and so does screen regains it colors and...
  4. Contrast/brightness bug

in Windows 10 Customization
    Contrast/brightness bug: Hi recently got an Asus laptop after a while the laptop started to go high contrast and back to normal and I have already tried turning off high contrast settings, please help. PS I have tried Linux and no problem there....
  5. How adjust the calibration brightness and contrast on laptop display?

How adjust the calibration brightness and contrast on laptop display?: Hi, Anyone would know where are the controls to adjust the brightness and contrast for laptop displays in color calibration? The instructions say to use controls on monitor but my laptop display doesn't have buttons for that. Any idea?...
  6. Windows help with brightness and contrast

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows help with brightness and contrast: I have been having this issue that I cannot adjust my brightness and contrast... It pisses me off because it is hard to play games. If someone know a solution to this problem, please help me. Any help is appreciated! submitted by /u/Qountiemi [link] [comments]...
  7. General color/brightness/saturation/contrast display issues

General color/brightness/saturation/contrast display issues: Ok, not very tech savvy, so I'll try to explain this issue the best I can. I recently bought a brand new laptop actually bought three trying to solve this problem and colors on this new display just aren't right. I had my old laptop, which was an HP Notebook several years...
  8. The display brightness and contrast change in battery mode

The display brightness and contrast change in battery mode: So I have been harassed by this problem for quite a while. When my surface pro is not plugged in, and I open some software which has night mode (or even just open a Chrome tab with a whole screen size black image), then the screen brightness is going down and the contrast is...
  9. Contrast/Brightness Settings

Contrast/Brightness Settings: I've been having a lot of trouble with my contrast and brightness settings on my laptop. When I play games that are dark or take place during the night, I can hardly see anything. The games themselves do not always have the option to change these settings, however I've seen...
  10. display box for brightness / Contrast keeps popping up.

display box for brightness / Contrast keeps popping up.: How do I stop the display box for brightness/contrast from popping up in Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/display-box-for-brightness-contrast-keeps-popping/21dedb49-82cc-4354-9ce2-9b7ea6239c26