Windows 10: Windows Update button doesn't do anything when clicked

Discus and support Windows Update button doesn't do anything when clicked in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I'm trying to update to Windows 10 version 21H2, but when I click on it nothing happens. Here's what happensI am aware that someone else has asked this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Tom Tristram, Aug 2, 2022.

1. Windows Update button doesn't do anything when clicked

I'm trying to update to Windows 10 version 21H2, but when I click on it nothing happens. Here's what happensI am aware that someone else has asked this before, but none of the fixes seem to work

:)

Tom Tristram, Aug 2, 2022
  2. BetoLP Win User

Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks again!!

I`m sorry I had not noticed that the text on the picture was in spanish. It says that windows has replaced some damaged clusters in "name" file and "directory". Then, at the end "an unspecified error occurred (75736e6a726e6c2e 4f6)".

I`ll do it and I`ll be updating this thread when I have the report.

- - - Updated - - -

I ran SeaTools. These are the results:

Windows Update button doesn't do anything when clicked [​IMG]

Does it mean my HDD is useless?

BetoLP, Aug 2, 2022
  3. jbailey8 Win User
    HyperSLI (Enabling SLI on non-sli motherboards)

To turn off windows updates in windows 7 follow these steps:

Click the start button, in the search box type in 'windows updates', click on 'windows update'
    in the search results list, in the left side of the windows update window click 'change settings'
    then in the option bar select 'Never check for updates'.

jbailey8, Aug 2, 2022
  4. AsRock Win User

Windows Update button doesn't do anything when clicked

Windows Updates failed to instal

I'm not sure how differant XP media center Edition is but you could clear the history \ cache if these folders are there.

Step 1 Register DLL files.

=================

By trying this step, we can check if the update engines are working properly.

1. Close all instances of Internet Explorer.

2. Click Start and Run, type "Regsvr32 atl.dll" (without quotes) in the Open box and click OK.

Note: There is a space between regsvr32 and atl.dll

3. Similarly, one by one, register the files listed below:

Regsvr32 msxml3.dll

Regsvr32 wuapi.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng1.dll

Regsvr32 wups2.dll

Regsvr32 wucltui.dll

Regsvr32 wups.dll

Regsvr32 wuweb.dll

Regsvr32 qmgr.dll

Regsvr32 qmgrprxy.dll

Regsvr32 jscript.dll

Note: If you encounter errors while registering any of these files then skip that file and continue with the next one.

If the issue persists, let's move on to the steps below to verify Windows Update services and temporary folders.

Step 2 Verify the relevant Windows Update services.

=========================================

1. Click Start->Run, type "services.msc" (without quotation marks) in the open box and click OK.

2. Double click the service "Automatic Updates".

3. Click on the Log On tab, please ensure the option "Local System account" is selected and the option "Allow service to interact with desktop" is unchecked.

4. Check if this service has been enabled on the listed Hardware Profile. If not, please click the Enable button to enable it.

5. Click on the tab "General "; make sure the "Startup Type" is "Automatic" or "Manual". Then please click the button "Stop" under "Service Status" to stop the service.

6. Then please click the button "Start" under "Service Status" to start the service.

7. Please repeat the above steps with the other services:

Background Intelligent Transfer Service

Event Log

Remote Procedure Call (RPC)

Note: Event log service is enabled on all of the hardware profiles; this service does not have an option to enable or disable on certain hardware profile.

If it still does not help, let's proceed to step 3.

Step 3 Reload the Update temporary folders.

===================================

One possible cause is that the temporary folder for Windows Update is containing corrupted files. Let's erase all the files there to get the system clean.

1. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net stop WuAuServ

2. Click Start, Run, type: %windir% and press Enter.

3. In the opened folder, rename the folder SoftwareDistribution to Sdold.

4. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net start WuAuServ

Please test the Windows Update website and let me know the result. If the issue persists, to clarify the issue and provide more accurate troubleshooting steps, please assist me in collecting the following information.

AsRock, Aug 2, 2022
Thema:

Windows Update button doesn't do anything when clicked

1. Windows Update button doesn't do anything when clicked - Similar Threads - Update button doesn't

2. Wifi/sound/battery button on taskbar Windows 11 doesn't do anything when left clicked

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi/sound/battery button on taskbar Windows 11 doesn't do anything when left clicked: When I hover over the icons they show the right hover textie. for battery it says "Battery status: 89% available plugged in" etc. that's not the problemWhen I right click the icons it opens a box for the settings for each iconie. for wifi, "Network and Internet settings"but...
  3. Wifi/sound/battery button on taskbar Windows 11 doesn't do anything when left clicked

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wifi/sound/battery button on taskbar Windows 11 doesn't do anything when left clicked: When I hover over the icons they show the right hover textie. for battery it says "Battery status: 89% available plugged in" etc. that's not the problemWhen I right click the icons it opens a box for the settings for each iconie. for wifi, "Network and Internet settings"but...
  4. Clicking "Manage Offline Files" doesn't do anything

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Clicking "Manage Offline Files" doesn't do anything: I tried to disable the sync option but when I try it by using the "Manage offline files" the window that's suppose to appear, doesn't.Any reason why? Or alternatives to this?...
  5. Clicking "Manage Offline Files" doesn't do anything

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Clicking "Manage Offline Files" doesn't do anything: I tried to disable the sync option but when I try it by using the "Manage offline files" the window that's suppose to appear, doesn't.Any reason why? Or alternatives to this?...
  6. Windows Update button doesn't do anything when clicked

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Update button doesn't do anything when clicked: I'm trying to update to Windows 10 version 21H2, but when I click on it nothing happens. Here's what happensI am aware that someone else has asked this before, but none of the fixes seem to work...
  7. Windows Update button doesn't do anything when clicked

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Update button doesn't do anything when clicked: I'm trying to update to Windows 10 version 21H2, but when I click on it nothing happens. Here's what happensI am aware that someone else has asked this before, but none of the fixes seem to work...
  8. Why my windows 10 has this Guest button and click it doesn't do anything besides logging out?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Why my windows 10 has this Guest button and click it doesn't do anything besides logging out?: Why is there a Guest button below my sign out button after I click my profile image from the start. And after clicking the Guest it just sign out from my current account to the log in page which can only log in back to my current account?Someone help me plz what is this Guest...
  9. Windows Store "Install" Button doesn't do anything.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Store "Install" Button doesn't do anything.: Nothing happens after clicking " Install" when trying to install any app or game via the Windows Store app.. Anyone else suffering this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-store-install-button-doesnt-do-anything/5bcde92c-8dff-489a-ad7d-d77c1d606e12
  10. Microsoft Store - "Get" button doesn't do anything

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft Store - "Get" button doesn't do anything: Hello,When I click on the "Get" button on the Microsoft Store, nothing happens...I've already tried to Reset the Microsoft Store and use WSReset, but no luck...This happens with every app I try to get and it's really annoying.Thank you....