Windows 10: Windows update camera removal

Discus and support Windows update camera removal in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; One of the windows 10 updates removed my bundled camera. I do not know which one. If I could find out I could reverse the update and get my camera... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by JudithSandala, May 19, 2019.

1. Windows update camera removal

One of the windows 10 updates removed my bundled camera. I do not know which one. If I could find out I could reverse the update and get my camera back. How can I find out which update removed my camera?

:)

JudithSandala, May 19, 2019

2. Windows 10 update issue - camera

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I would require more information to help you better.

What is the make and model of the camera?

I would suggest you to make sure the camera is installed properly and listed under Device Manager.

Follow these steps:

• Press “Windows key + X” from keyboard.
    • Select “Device Manager” option from the list.
    • Check if the Camera is listed in the devices list.
    If it is not listed then the Camera driver is not installed. I would suggest you to run “Hardware and Devices” troubleshooter to diagnose and fix the issue.

If the camera is listed in the device manager, then perform the following troubleshooting methods:

Method 1:

You may try running the Hardware and Device troubleshooter and check if it helps.

a. Press Windows Key +R, type Control Panel.

b. Type troubleshooting in the search bar, click on troubleshooting.

c. Click on Hardware and Sound, click on Hardware and Devices.

d. Follow the steps from the wizard to run the troubleshooter.

Method 2:

If that doesn’t work, then I would suggest you to perform troubleshooting steps from the link “What
    to do if you have problems with an app
    ” to diagnose and fix if the issue is with Camera app.

Method 3:

If this doesn’t fix the issue, I would suggest you to uninstall the camera from Device Manager then reinstall it and then check if this fixes the issue.

Follow these steps:

• Press “Windows key + X” from the keyboard.
    • Select “Device Manager” option.
    • Search for Camera, then right click and select “Uninstall”.
    • Then restart the computer.
    • Download the latest driver from the Manufacturer’s website and install it.
    Please do let us know if you need any further assistance related to Windows, we will be glad to assist you.

Mohammed Yaseer, May 19, 2019
  3. Laptop Camera

Thanks for updating us on the results of the troubleshooting steps that you have completed. Since the built-in webcam is still not working correctly and the same error code 0xA00F4244 (0xC00DABED) is still appearing, we suggest that we check the camera privacy
    settings to see if the camera access is turned on. Kindly follow the steps below to check the camera privacy settings:

• Press the Windows key + I to open the Settings app.
    • Near the top of the Settings app window is the search box, kindly type the word "webcam" or "camera".
    • From the list of results choose Camera privacy settings.
    • Make sure that "Let apps use my camera" toggle is set to On.

We look forward to your response once you complete the steps.

Jordan Dom, May 19, 2019
  4. Windows update camera removal

Tried messenger for camera....

Hi,

Normally, the issue with the camera not being detected is caused by an outdated driver or a recent update triggers a system conflict. To assist you with your concern, we suggest that you follow the steps listed on this
    link. This is to identify and resolve any issues if Windows
    can't detect the device.

Let us know how it goes after performing the suggested steps.

Eileen Gal, May 19, 2019
Thema:

Windows update camera removal

1. Windows update camera removal - Similar Threads - update camera removal

2. Remove windows update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Remove windows update: Windows update has caused me so many issues and so many annoyances that i want to permanently remove it from my pc. Where can I find windows update files? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/remove-windows-update/c2ac3ff7-7d5d-490b-b6a5-b29c30474943
  3. Remove a camera

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Remove a camera: On all the programs that use a webcam except the camera app from windows there is an extra camera option that I can choose with the name Unitycam. I want to remove the camera but I can't seem to find it. I've searched for programs called unitycam on file explorer but nothing...
  4. How to remove obs virtual camera

How to remove obs virtual camera: i am trying to live stream youtube so what is happening is that i have my webcam plugged in to my computer the audio works but the screen shows the obs logo including a camera icon with a line thru it...
  5. window update and then removes update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    window update and then removes update: window update then on restart says update not suitable for computer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/window-update-and-then-removes-update/73512935-5978-4821-8bda-ee4d2deabba2
  6. Camera Driver entirely removed

Camera Driver entirely removed: I have struggled to get my built-in camera to work on my ASUS All-in-One PC. I've run through all the standard troubleshooting options and it looks as though the camera driver has been entirely removed from my computer. When I try to download the legacy driver, I cannot...
  7. Camera drivers getting removed in Windows 10

Camera drivers getting removed in Windows 10: Hi Team, Recently we are facing issues where we were reported with the removal of Camera drivers in Windows 10. Checked with patches, AV and eventvwr. But, I am unable to find any trace of removal. Can you please let us know if there is any ongoing issue for the same....
  8. Windows Camera App Update

Windows Camera App Update: Windows Camera App Update ready in Store New Version Available 2016.404.120.0 All downloaded and working ok 51927
  9. Windows Camera Update in store

Windows Camera Update in store: Windows Camera update ready in store to be downloaded 42588
  10. Add or Remove Camera Roll Library in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add or Remove Camera Roll Library in Windows 10: How to: Add or Remove Camera Roll Library in Windows 10 How to Add or Remove Camera Roll Library in Windows 10 [img] Information remove folders and drives to be included in a library as you like. Windows 10 has the Camera Roll, Videos libraries by default. The...