Windows 10: WIndows update can not use second hard drive - c drive full

Discus and support WIndows update can not use second hard drive - c drive full in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; yesterday I discovered my sons laptop had not updated since v1909. It has a 128G SSD and a 1TB HDD, and the SSD was almost full - not enough space to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by john-errington, Nov 22, 2021.

1. WIndows update can not use second hard drive - c drive full

yesterday I discovered my sons laptop had not updated since v1909. It has a 128G SSD and a 1TB HDD, and the SSD was almost full - not enough space to update.I tried running the update assistant, and clearing space, but could not release enough. The update assistant offered to use an external driveBut the 1TB drive was almost empty. Why cant an INTERNAL second drive be used for the update?

:)

john-errington, Nov 22, 2021
  2. GKing Win User

Maxtor Hard Drive Beep

Maxtor drive beeps

Have a similiar situation using a DiamondMax Plus 8, 20GB Mfg Date 4/15/03. Drive used as a second system drive. Drive is recognized in boot menu but not in drive list. Drive is always connected. Computer started locking up for several seconds at a time. Chkdsk on drives and couldn't find that drive. Removed drive from bay to make sure connections were ok and heard the beeping. Shutdown and restart and never got to windows screen. Restarted several times then saw drive in boot menu and Windows loaded but Maxtor not in drive menu. When recognized in boot menu, computer will start but beeps and is not found.

Tried kicking it real hard but no improvement. Any suggestions?

GKing, Nov 22, 2021
  3. little cat, Nov 22, 2021
  4. $immond$ Win User

WIndows update can not use second hard drive - c drive full

Windowed Hard Drives

On the contrary, showing off "slow tech" by adding a window to a hard drive is a "dumb" idea. Do you really want to be showing off a whole "7200-10000 RPM of power" or would you rather show off a plain SSD drive? (If you really desire to "show off")

Adding any window to any drive is just stupid. I just suggested an easier option for you since manufactures don't put windows on the latest hard drives.

$immond$, Nov 22, 2021
Thema:

WIndows update can not use second hard drive - c drive full

1. WIndows update can not use second hard drive - c drive full - Similar Threads - update second hard

2. Is the C/Hard Drive full or is Windows Cloud full?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is the C/Hard Drive full or is Windows Cloud full?: I went to the THIS PC folder and saw that the Windows is in RED, which means I'm running out of space, but I don't understand if it means the "cloud" windows is running out of space? Because I have a desktop Windows?...
  3. Is the C/Hard Drive full or is Windows Cloud full?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is the C/Hard Drive full or is Windows Cloud full?: I went to the THIS PC folder and saw that the Windows is in RED, which means I'm running out of space, but I don't understand if it means the "cloud" windows is running out of space? Because I have a desktop Windows?...
  4. C drive almost full but hard drive hardly used

in Windows 10 Gaming
    C drive almost full but hard drive hardly used: My C drive is almost full 94GB used of 104GB. I keep having problems updating windows. Practically all data is stored in the cloud, so I have nothing to move.The hard disk is 1 TB., so there is plenty of space. How do I access this space? I don't have any data to speak of to...
  5. C drive almost full but hard drive hardly used

C drive almost full but hard drive hardly used: My C drive is almost full 94GB used of 104GB. I keep having problems updating windows. Practically all data is stored in the cloud, so I have nothing to move.The hard disk is 1 TB., so there is plenty of space. How do I access this space? I don't have any data to speak of to...
  6. C drive is full

in Windows 10 Gaming
    C drive is full: Hi,My windows 2008 server C drive is getting full every few days at 'temp' folder.beside empty this folder, is there anything i can do to prevent 'temp' folder getting full ?Best Regards,Giyora...
  7. C drive is full

C drive is full: Hi,My windows 2008 server C drive is getting full every few days at 'temp' folder.beside empty this folder, is there anything i can do to prevent 'temp' folder getting full ?Best Regards,Giyora...
  8. WIndows update can not use second hard drive - c drive full

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WIndows update can not use second hard drive - c drive full: yesterday I discovered my sons laptop had not updated since v1909. It has a 128G SSD and a 1TB HDD, and the SSD was almost full - not enough space to update.I tried running the update assistant, and clearing space, but could not release enough. The update assistant offered to...
  9. WIndows update can not use second hard drive - c drive full

WIndows update can not use second hard drive - c drive full: yesterday I discovered my sons laptop had not updated since v1909. It has a 128G SSD and a 1TB HDD, and the SSD was almost full - not enough space to update.I tried running the update assistant, and clearing space, but could not release enough. The update assistant offered to...
  10. C- Drive full

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    C- Drive full: I bought a Dell Inspirion last May.. My C Drive has become full in about a year without me downloading anything new. I have done disk clean up, empty recycle bin etc. but still no luck. What should I do?...