Windows 10: Windows Update can`t install Intel drivers: error 0x80070408

Discus and support Windows Update can`t install Intel drivers: error 0x80070408 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello all. I have Win 10 1803 and noticed some issues with Intel Graphics. I tried to update the drivers manually but it fails, then I deleted... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by stanisluv, Dec 29, 2018.

1. stanisluv Win User

Windows Update can`t install Intel drivers: error 0x80070408

Hello all. I have Win 10 1803 and noticed some issues with Intel Graphics. I tried to update the drivers manually but it fails, then I deleted installed drivers and tried to install new one-failed. After that I tried to install drivers in Windows Update-failed with error 0x80070408. Then tried to install same driver version but manually-no joy. Finally I tried to uninstall Intel Audio driver because it`s the part of graphics drivers too and now I can`t install them both. Intel installation log has following errors: [INF - -4] Installing C:\1\Graphics\IntcDAud.inf RS1 or greater detected. DiInstallDriver will be used to install driver. INF = C:\1\Graphics\IntcDAud.inf Execute command: "C:\1\x64\Drv64.exe" -driverinf "C:\1\Graphics\IntcDAud.inf" -flags 20 -keypath "Software\Intel\Difx64" -log "C:\1\IntelGFX.log" -diinstall DRV64: RS1 or greater detected. Executing DiInstallDriver. DRV64: DiInstllDriver FAILED. Error= 0x8E5E0408 DRV64: DIFX (0x0): ENTER: DriverPackageGetPathW DRV64: DIFX (0x0): RETURN: DriverPackageGetPathW (0xE0000302) Installation source = C:\1\Graphics\IntcDAud.inf DriverStore location =  Package Requires Reboot = no Checking for previously installed driver package Skipping uninstall of previous driver. Previous driver package is inbox: 'C:\WINDOWS\inf\hdaudio.inf' [INF - -3] Installing C:\1\Graphics\igdlh64.inf RS1 or greater detected. DiInstallDriver will be used to install driver. INF = C:\1\Graphics\igdlh64.inf Execute command: "C:\1\x64\Drv64.exe" -driverinf "C:\1\Graphics\igdlh64.inf" -flags 20 -keypath "Software\Intel\Difx64" -log "C:\1\IntelGFX.log" -diinstall DRV64: RS1 or greater detected. Executing DiInstallDriver. DRV64: DiInstllDriver FAILED. Error= 0x8000FFFF DRV64: DIFX (0x0): ENTER: DriverPackageGetPathW DRV64: DIFX (0x0): RETURN: DriverPackageGetPathW (0xE0000302) Installation source = C:\1\Graphics\igdlh64.inf DriverStore location = eg Package Requires Reboot = no Checking for previously installed driver package Skipping uninstall of previous driver. Previous driver package is inbox: 'C:\WINDOWS\inf\display.inf' Anybody can tell me what all this errors mean and how I can fix them without Windows reset\reinstall. DISM\SFC\uninstall latest windows driver didn`t help. Also I don`t think it`s related to WU\MU folders because Intel installer can`t install the drivers too.

:)

stanisluv, Dec 29, 2018

2. Windows 7 wont install drivers

i dont think anyone here understands what your asking either when its nearly a 90% english dominated Tech forum.
    Step 1
    reinstall windows from scratch
    Step 2
    install all drivers from the cd that came with the god damn motherboard *common sense*
    Step 3
    update windows
    Step 4
    install misc etc crap like flash java etc etc
    Step 5
    Install GPU drivers
    Step 6
    go back to using your pc without issue.

crazyeyesreaper, Dec 29, 2018
  3. Windows 7 wont install drivers

+1

If you having an issue installing a driver that worked before you formatted or wont install on a fresh build, sometimes this means hardware damage

brandonwh64, Dec 29, 2018
  4. Windows Update can`t install Intel drivers: error 0x80070408

Startup error on discontinued Intel driver

Hi David,

Windows 10 update remove the Intel WiDi driver due to compatibility issue. We suggest uninstalling the Intel WiDi driver from Control Panel to avoid it from showing up every time you start your computer. To do this, kindly follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X on your keyboard.
    • Select Control Panel.
    • Click Programs.
    • Choose Programs and Features.
    • Click Intel (R) WiDi Driver and hit Uninstall.
    • Restart your computer.

Let us know goes.

Monica Cam, Dec 29, 2018
Thema:

Windows Update can`t install Intel drivers: error 0x80070408

1. Windows Update can`t install Intel drivers: error 0x80070408 - Similar Threads - Update can`t install

2. Can`t change to administrator for installiing updates

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can`t change to administrator for installiing updates: Hello.I am an MS account paid user and I would like to update any program on my laptop. I find I have no administrator access and any time I want to update a program I get only No option to Do you want this program to make changes to the device?How can I amend this and get...
  3. Can`t change to administrator for installiing updates

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can`t change to administrator for installiing updates: Hello.I am an MS account paid user and I would like to update any program on my laptop. I find I have no administrator access and any time I want to update a program I get only No option to Do you want this program to make changes to the device?How can I amend this and get...
  4. Can`t install new programs, "Windows Installer" can`t be accessed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can`t install new programs, "Windows Installer" can`t be accessed: Hello there,since a few days I can`t install new programms on my Windows 11 Pro. The installation will startup, but then there will be the error "Windows Installer can`t be accessed"I tried to search online for solutions, but most were for other versions of Windows or didn`t...
  5. Can`t install new programs, "Windows Installer" can`t be accessed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can`t install new programs, "Windows Installer" can`t be accessed: Hello there,since a few days I can`t install new programms on my Windows 11 Pro. The installation will startup, but then there will be the error "Windows Installer can`t be accessed"I tried to search online for solutions, but most were for other versions of Windows or didn`t...
  6. windows 11 can´t install it.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows 11 can´t install it.: installation requirements met, but it appears that does not support to my processor, but the TPM is active, and the video card Drives where it shows that the problem is are in, but the version of my direct x is 12 and the Drives WDDM is in version 2.6 and still can´t install...
  7. intel driver updater not installing

in Windows 10 Customization
    intel driver updater not installing: Hi my intel driver updater is not working:log file :[35AC:3300][2021-08-18T18:00:14]i001: Burn v3.11.2.4516, Windows v10.0 Build 19042: Service Pack 0, path:...
  8. Can`t install kb5001391 update due to 800f081f error

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can`t install kb5001391 update due to 800f081f error: Hello,I`m trying to install kb5001391 update but can not due it due to 800f081f error according to event viewer data I checked.I tried both from Windows Update in Settings and also I downloaded through Microsoft Update catalog and tried to do offline installation but...
  9. Can,t update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can,t update: When i update my pc i kep geting this erorr code: 0x8007002 submitted by /u/Real-life-gamer244 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/m9dj9x/cant_update/
  10. default in installation of intel driver update.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    default in installation of intel driver update.: Hi , my name is Srivathssan . I can't install my intel corporation driver update for Intel (R) HD Graphics 4000. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/default-in-installation-of-intel-driver-update/57e71329-1e15-402c-8961-95a1ce691bd5

Users found this page by searching for:

1. error 0x80070408

2. DiInstallDriver

3. rs1 or greater detected executing Diinstalldriver

4. cant install intel driver updates,
  5. Driver update error 0x80070408,
  6. instel driver updater 3.7 wont install,
  7. 0x80070408