Windows 10: Windows Update Cannot use my computer

Discus and support Windows Update Cannot use my computer in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi guys ! Im reaching out to you for a major issue since its completely disabled my laptop. Yesterday, a windows 10 update started on my windows 8... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by CharlyMicro, Jan 8, 2021.

1. Windows Update Cannot use my computer

Hi guys !

Im reaching out to you for a major issue since its completely disabled my laptop. Yesterday, a windows 10 update started on my windows 8 laptop. This morning I opened my laptop, filled the first requirements Windows was asking internet connection, preferences.... When it came to connecting my Microsoft account to the laptop, i noticed my email was not the right one, there is was spelling mistake. But the issue is that there is NO WAY i can change it. Nothing enables me to change it, i can only enter the password, but i cannot click on the email... So basically, i cannot reach the next step and thus open my computer...

Has someone ever had the same issue ? I'm a bit panicking right now, scared my laptop will never open again.

Thanks in advance !

Charly

:)

CharlyMicro, Jan 8, 2021
  2. 3Colors Win User

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Windows Update Cannot use my computer :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Jan 8, 2021
  3. AsRock Win User
    Windows Updates failed to instal

I'm not sure how differant XP media center Edition is but you could clear the history \ cache if these folders are there.

Step 1 Register DLL files.

=================

By trying this step, we can check if the update engines are working properly.

1. Close all instances of Internet Explorer.

2. Click Start and Run, type "Regsvr32 atl.dll" (without quotes) in the Open box and click OK.

Note: There is a space between regsvr32 and atl.dll

3. Similarly, one by one, register the files listed below:

Regsvr32 msxml3.dll

Regsvr32 wuapi.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng1.dll

Regsvr32 wups2.dll

Regsvr32 wucltui.dll

Regsvr32 wups.dll

Regsvr32 wuweb.dll

Regsvr32 qmgr.dll

Regsvr32 qmgrprxy.dll

Regsvr32 jscript.dll

Note: If you encounter errors while registering any of these files then skip that file and continue with the next one.

If the issue persists, let's move on to the steps below to verify Windows Update services and temporary folders.

Step 2 Verify the relevant Windows Update services.

=========================================

1. Click Start->Run, type "services.msc" (without quotation marks) in the open box and click OK.

2. Double click the service "Automatic Updates".

3. Click on the Log On tab, please ensure the option "Local System account" is selected and the option "Allow service to interact with desktop" is unchecked.

4. Check if this service has been enabled on the listed Hardware Profile. If not, please click the Enable button to enable it.

5. Click on the tab "General "; make sure the "Startup Type" is "Automatic" or "Manual". Then please click the button "Stop" under "Service Status" to stop the service.

6. Then please click the button "Start" under "Service Status" to start the service.

7. Please repeat the above steps with the other services:

Background Intelligent Transfer Service

Event Log

Remote Procedure Call (RPC)

Note: Event log service is enabled on all of the hardware profiles; this service does not have an option to enable or disable on certain hardware profile.

If it still does not help, let's proceed to step 3.

Step 3 Reload the Update temporary folders.

===================================

One possible cause is that the temporary folder for Windows Update is containing corrupted files. Let's erase all the files there to get the system clean.

1. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net stop WuAuServ

2. Click Start, Run, type: %windir% and press Enter.

3. In the opened folder, rename the folder SoftwareDistribution to Sdold.

4. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net start WuAuServ

Please test the Windows Update website and let me know the result. If the issue persists, to clarify the issue and provide more accurate troubleshooting steps, please assist me in collecting the following information.

AsRock, Jan 8, 2021
  4. Windows Update Cannot use my computer

windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Jan 8, 2021
Thema:

Windows Update Cannot use my computer

1. Windows Update Cannot use my computer - Similar Threads - Update Cannot computer

2. Cannot update windows on computer.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot update windows on computer.: Need help updating windows. Can not do from the computer. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-update-windows-on-computer/ad774a4e-af93-47a6-b04c-d3d57d3b2298
  3. Cannot update windows on computer.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot update windows on computer.: Need help updating windows. Can not do from the computer. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-update-windows-on-computer/ad774a4e-af93-47a6-b04c-d3d57d3b2298
  4. Cannot update windows on computer.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Cannot use my computer.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot use my computer.: Whenever I turn on my computer, I cannot even get into the log in screen. I turn on my computer, and I can see the Lenovo logo and the white spinning dots. Afterwards, I can see the rime, date, and wifi symbol. My computer is touchscreen, so I try to scroll up to get to the...
  6. Cannot use my computer.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot use my computer.: Whenever I turn on my computer, I cannot even get into the log in screen. I turn on my computer, and I can see the Lenovo logo and the white spinning dots. Afterwards, I can see the rime, date, and wifi symbol. My computer is touchscreen, so I try to scroll up to get to the...
  7. Cannot use my computer.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  8. windows 10 never stop update so i cannot use my computer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows 10 never stop update so i cannot use my computer: My computer was working normal until windows update itself. this update last about 3 hours and when it finish and restart , again it says windows would up date. it doesn't matter how many times windows update the same thing happen. as consequence office programs which I pay...
  9. cannot use PIN option to sign into my computer, cannot use a personal account

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    cannot use PIN option to sign into my computer, cannot use a personal account: Hello! Recently, my PIN sign-in option hasn't been working. It all started when I configured my Microsoft account few weeks ago, which I didn't know what it meant. First, my school email stopped working on my Mail app, and I thought I just needed to reenter the password...
  10. Cannot Update My Computer

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Cannot Update My Computer: Windows 10 64Bit All my Autodesk products would not work anymore on my PC. I have been farting around to find a solution. That took me to making sure my PC is currently updated; the Autodesk technicians asked me to make sure. I completely removed all Autodesk traces from my...