Windows 10: Windows Update: can't access "View Update History" and "Advanced Options"

Discus and support Windows Update: can't access "View Update History" and "Advanced Options" in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] Image As image, those two options remain in boldface/selected but nothing happens. If I try to access those two options through Start... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/montelagario, Sep 28, 2020.

1. Windows Update: can't access "View Update History" and "Advanced Options"

Windows Update: can't access "View Update History" and "Advanced Options" FviIGGKHlIbvqNYi4JR7A6G-mZzvX60IwUxo_eSUdjg.jpg

As image, those two options remain in boldface/selected but nothing happens.

If I try to access those two options through Start menu, I have a blank window that loads forever.

I've tried to run Windows Update Troublehooter and the Reset Windows Update Tool, running option 2. Nothing: problem still persists. Please help me.

submitted by /u/montelagario
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/montelagario, Sep 28, 2020

2. Windows 10 View Update History

There is no "View your update history" option in the Advanced option Window. Things have apparently changed since you posted this. Have another suggestion?

Bernard Corrigan, Sep 28, 2020
  3. kokakola Win User
    Windows Update - "Advanced Options/View Update History" Problem

Hello.

Hope someone can assist me with the issue I am having in windows 10 Pro.

A few days ago my system Automatically updated to Windows Pro v1511 (OS Build 10586.14)... all went well and seemed to be OK.

Now to my Problem...

When I now go to check for updates it does its checking for updates thing then installs any available update but once it has completed this and I click on "Advanced Options/View Update History" in that all I get is a blank page and all it says is no updates have been installed yet....

But I know that it has installed windows defender updates? because I have seen it download them and complete the updates?

I have tried the reset (windows update .bat) file floating around on the forum, but all that does is clear everything and still no updates are showing in the list when I go to "Advanced Options/View Update History"...

Can anyone please help me get that all back to normal....

This has only been an issue since this update to Windows Pro v1511 (OS Build 10586.14)..

How do I know that the updates in Defender or anything else for that matter are actually installing.. seeing that they are not being listed in the "View Update History" list...

Is anyone else having this issue and if so any assistance on how to fix this will be appreciated...

cheers

kokakola, Sep 28, 2020
  4. Windows Update: can't access "View Update History" and "Advanced Options"

Windows 10 View Update History

Hi John,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community and for your interest in Windows 10.

We apologize for the inconvenience caused to you, for the late response.

I'd be glad to help you.

Unfortunately, there is no way to create a shortcut on the Desktop, to view the Windows 10 Update History.

To check the Windows Update History, then follow these steps, mentioned below:

• Type Windows update on the search bar, then, click on
      Check for updates tab.
    • Click on Advanced option under Windows Update
      tab in the Update and Security Window.
    • Click on View your update history in the
      Advanced option
      Window.
    • Check, all the Windows update KB article numbers installed in the
      View your update history Window.
    Hope this information helps you. Kindly post back with the updated issue for further assistance.

Thank you.

AntonyJose, Sep 28, 2020
Thema:

Windows Update: can't access "View Update History" and "Advanced Options"

1. Windows Update: can't access "View Update History" and "Advanced Options" - Similar Threads - Update can't access

2. Windows Update > Advanced options > Optional updates

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Update > Advanced options > Optional updates: Under Driver updates I currently have 9 apparent updates but thyere is no apparent way to get any additional information regarding these updates to know if I even need to install the updates.How do I get any additional information?...
  3. Windows Update > Advanced options > Optional updates

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Update > Advanced options > Optional updates: Under Driver updates I currently have 9 apparent updates but thyere is no apparent way to get any additional information regarding these updates to know if I even need to install the updates.How do I get any additional information?...
  4. Can't access Advanced Startup Options!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't access Advanced Startup Options!: I'm trying to access Safe Mode to use the Kaspersky Protection Password Removal Toolthe official one. Because it only run on Safe Mode! First, I tried to access it by holding Shift and press Restart in the Power Option. It only option is "Turn off this PC". I think is...
  5. Can't access Advanced Startup Options!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't access Advanced Startup Options!: I'm trying to access Safe Mode to use the Kaspersky Protection Password Removal Toolthe official one. Because it only run on Safe Mode! First, I tried to access it by holding Shift and press Restart in the Power Option. It only option is "Turn off this PC". I think is...
  6. Can't access Advanced Startup Options!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Problem in View Update History

Problem in View Update History: My wife's computer that I check monthly no longer has an update history. When I view Update History there is no history but there was a little 'dot' that you could push for help. When pushed that a window I think within the window opened with a title HELP and asked you to...
  8. Windows Update: can't access "View Update History" and "Advanced Options"

Windows Update: can't access "View Update History" and "Advanced Options": [ATTACH] As image, those two options remain in boldface/selected but nothing happenswhen I click them. If I try to access those two options through Start menu, I have a blank window that loads forever. I've tried to run Windows Update Troublehooter and the Reset Windows...
  9. Update history under View Update history - Windows 10

Update history under View Update history - Windows 10: My update history shows blank in my PC with Windows 10 for sometime. Please let me know how to correct this. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/update-history-under-view-update-history-windows/be4df636-eef3-4357-83c9-87c30ae1ecf9
  10. Windows Update - "Advanced Options/View Update History" Problem

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows Update - "Advanced Options/View Update History" Problem: Hello. Hope someone can assist me with the issue I am having in windows 10 Pro. A few days ago my system Automatically updated to Windows Pro v1511 (OS Build 10586.14)... all went well and seemed to be OK. Now to my Problem... When I now go to check for updates it...