Windows 10: Windows update cant get past 83 procent

Discus and support Windows update cant get past 83 procent in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I am trying to update to Windows 10 Insider Preview 18282.1000 (rs_prerelease) from Windows 10 Insider Preview 18277(rs_prerelease) The first time I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by MareksBrucis, Nov 23, 2018.

1. Windows update cant get past 83 procent

I am trying to update to Windows 10 Insider Preview 18282.1000 (rs_prerelease) from Windows 10 Insider Preview 18277(rs_prerelease) The first time I tried it got to 63% completed and rebooted, the second time it got to 83% and rebooted and I am currently stuck at that. When it reboots it says that I haven't installed it and if I install it again it gets to 83% percent and reboots I have tried several times and it still won't update.

:)

MareksBrucis, Nov 23, 2018

2. Windows update is stuck at 83% for hours now

Hi Yoshi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows Builds.

I understand your concern that Windows update is stuck at 83%. We will help you with this issue.

This issue might be due to the anti-virus software or corrupted Windows Update Components.

Do let us know if you were able to see any error code/ error notification?

I suggest you to hard reboot the computer and perform the below.

Method 1:

Step 1: I suggest you to uninstall the anti-virus software installed on your device and check for the updates.

If the issue still persists,

Step 2: I suggest you to
    run the Windows Update troubleshooter and check.

Windows Update Troubleshooter resolves problems that prevents you from updating windows.

Steps:

• Press Windows key and type
      Troubleshooting.
    • Click on Troubleshooting and click on
      View all in the left pane.
    • Select Windows Update to run theWindows Update Troubleshooter
      and follow the on-screen instructions.
    • Try to install the update and check.

If the issue still persists then,

Method 2: I suggest you to try the steps from below link to
    reset Windows Update Components and check if you are able to find the Windows Updates.

Reset Windows Update components

Registry disclaimer: Important this section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that
    you follow these steps carefully. For added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs.

Refer to the below article to backup and restore the registry in Windows:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/322756/

Note: The above links applies to Windows 10 as well.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue, we will be happy to assist you further.

Deepika Gowda, Nov 23, 2018
  3. Windows update stuck at 83%

Hi Benjamin,

A possible software conflict may be one of the reasons why the Windows update is getting stuck at 83%. I suggest to utilize the

Windows Update Troubleshooter
    to remedy the issue. This tool has been helpful to a lot of Community members who had concerns updating their Windows devices.

If the troubleshooter doesn't work, you may try resetting the Windows Update components manually by following the steps in the link below.

How do I reset Windows Update components?

Let us know the result for us to help you further.

Regards.

Jesrael Bor, Nov 23, 2018
  4. 3Colors Win User

Windows update cant get past 83 procent

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Windows update cant get past 83 procent :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Nov 23, 2018
Thema:

Windows update cant get past 83 procent

1. Windows update cant get past 83 procent - Similar Threads - update cant past

2. Cant get past lockscreen, error 0xc000009c

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cant get past lockscreen, error 0xc000009c: I booted my pc this morning, greeted with the error 0xc000009c and my lockscreen kept refreshing without any input or a text field for password or PIN.Recovery mode options yields no results System Restore, Startup Repair and BIOS setting seems fine.Trying to use SFC and DISM...
  3. I cant get past the sign in screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cant get past the sign in screen: I was recently up graded to windows 11. I was,nt expecting a complete change over. I was able to start working with it, although i lost all photos, aand i didnt see the 10 day to chande it back. My problem is it was working ok yestuday, i went to get on it today and i cant...
  4. I cant get past the sign in screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I cant get past the sign in screen: I was recently up graded to windows 11. I was,nt expecting a complete change over. I was able to start working with it, although i lost all photos, aand i didnt see the 10 day to chande it back. My problem is it was working ok yestuday, i went to get on it today and i cant...
  5. Cpu usage 100 procent

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cpu usage 100 procent: so my cpu usage has been high lately and when i go to open task manager it crashes after 20 seconds it turns out my cpu is at 100 usage all the time so i cant play without lagging....
  6. Cant get newer update past 1903

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cant get newer update past 1903: Hi there, I hope someone could help me... I tried to update my windows 10 Pro, currently version 1903 OS Build 18362.1256. But when I press the check for update button, it said "You're up to date", but isnt that there is newer version?Thanks in advance for any assistance......
  7. Windows cant get past date/time screen

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows cant get past date/time screen: I just started having an issue today. I am running windows 10 and did an update yesterday before turning off my computer. My computer boots to windows time/date screen with no issues. I can access bios durring this boot time. Once i get to the time/date screen however any...
  8. Updated Drivers, Now Cant Get Past Loading Into Windows.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Updated Drivers, Now Cant Get Past Loading Into Windows.: Updated my drivers, restarted, and now I can’t get past the ‘Tuf Gaming’ screen. When I go into restart repair it asks for a password associated with my windows account. I use the right one but it says its wrong. Even checked my windows account on my phone, it’s all right....
  9. Windows 10 1809 update stuck at 83%

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 1809 update stuck at 83%: Hello we are updating all of our w10 Pcs to 1809. However these updates are taking an extreme amount of rime. Currently i am at 3 hours and counting. I have cleaned the PC and all temp files. I have been stuck at 83% for 45 min. This machine is an in production machine and...
  10. Cant get past login screen

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Cant get past login screen: Computer has been working on win 10 for several months. Lately had problems with login screen. We have never used a password before. Now I cant do anything because it demands a password which I do not know. Incidentally I now see two users with same name. One user...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows update cant get past